Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Slapshot euro 2010

panzerkreuzer - 8-2-2010 at 10:56 AM

they come back for some shows, maybe you´re interested to see with what bands they´re playing.
here are their flyers.

with our mattybar´s INJURY TIME !!

if there is any interest in ss merch, i post pictures on friday.

gavin - 8-2-2010 at 10:58 AM

if josh aint playin bass, i aint interested

XHonusWagnerX - 8-2-2010 at 11:15 AM

one show was canceled. These are the 3 that they are still doing

06.08. Essen – Filled With Hate Festival (GER)
07.08. Leisnig – Sucks’n’Summer Festival (GER)
08.08. Tilburg – 013 (NL)

thanks Gavin, I wish I was going even just to see them play.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-2-2010 at 11:16 AM

Definitly post pics Roland!

mattybar - 8-2-2010 at 11:18 AM

Holland here we come!

i'm really pissed I'm not gonna see Next Step Up though, especially as Scotty from Stout is drumming for them.

gavin - 8-2-2010 at 11:36 AM

along with the business doing "hang up your boots" having josh play bass is the coolest thing slapshot ever did

Discipline - 8-2-2010 at 01:28 PM

Aren't you going to be their merch guy this time Josh?

tireironsaint - 8-2-2010 at 01:40 PM

A few things...
That first flyer rules.

I had no idea Next Step Up were back at it again.

The Business cover of Hang Up Your Boots was a great idea, but one of the worst Slapshot covers I've ever heard.

What is with the names of some of these Euro bands? We already talked about that Butter The Bread band, but Doggy Hoods? Really?

Colin - 8-2-2010 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
A few things...
That first flyer rules.

The Business cover of Hang Up Your Boots was a great idea, but one of the worst Slapshot covers I've ever heard.

What is with the names of some of these Euro bands? We already talked about that Butter The Bread band, but Doggy Hoods? Really?
haven't heard that one, I've got the Slapshot tribute album "Boston Drops The Gloves" if you don't already have it

gavin - 8-2-2010 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
A few things...
That first flyer rules.

weird cuz i like that cover better than anything slapshot did themselves

tireironsaint - 8-2-2010 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin
Quote:
A few things...
That first flyer rules.

Huh, that just seems odd to me. I dig The Business and have tons of their records, hell I even was really stoked when I heard that they had covered a Slapshot song before I picked up that Mob Mentality split record, but I think they completely butchered that song.

gavin - 8-2-2010 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by gavin
Quote:
A few things...
That first flyer rules.

Huh, that just seems odd to me. I dig The Business and have tons of their records, hell I even was really stoked when I heard that they had covered a Slapshot song before I picked up that Mob Mentality split record, but I think they completely butchered that song.

honestly im not huge on slapshot
i like a handful of songs
maybe that's why

tireironsaint - 8-2-2010 at 02:30 PM

Fair enough.

mattybar - 8-2-2010 at 02:31 PM

doggy hoods are from japan which sort of explains things.

tireironsaint - 8-2-2010 at 02:58 PM

Ah, in that case I might be interested to find out more.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-2-2010 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Aren't you going to be their merch guy this time Josh?

nope... the trip is to short and theyres no reason to bring someone for the additional cost unfortunantly. Hopefully next time. It will be the first Slappy show in about 8 years that I havent seen. : (

panzerkreuzer - 8-6-2010 at 06:12 AM

the first show was a slapshot grindcore experience. the played the songs so fast as i never heard them before. crowd reaction was ok, but nothing special. the new line up is really good, works very well. do i know the guitarplayer from another band?
honus, the have two of the new designs you made.

aside from thosé shirts they have the white black flag/skull design and the bulldog one we talked about here in the past.
tonight they play my hometown, hope that i can take pictures there.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-6-2010 at 07:35 AM

I emailed Chris to see if he can get me those shirts, but if I dont hear back from him I might have you buy them for me and I'll send you the money if thats okay.

thanks for the pics Roland!

Mickey - 8-6-2010 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
do i know the guitarplayer from another band?
Craig from Only Living Witness. Good Guy, glad to see him playing again.

panzerkreuzer - 8-7-2010 at 10:08 AM

second show yesterday. a very funny one i think. not that much people showed up, but who were there acted very crazy. choke had his fun with them, i think he will put pictures on facebook. i forgot my camera, but i will take some of the show at tilburg. when it´s like last year´s one, it will be great.
tonight no slapshot for me :( but 7 seconds!

SLF - 8-8-2010 at 06:23 PM

I love the Boston Hardcore Legends shirt.

ShawnRefuse - 8-8-2010 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
second show yesterday. a very funny one i think. not that much people showed up, but who were there acted very crazy. choke had his fun with them, i think he will put pictures on facebook. i forgot my camera, but i will take some of the show at tilburg. when it´s like last year´s one, it will be great.
tonight no slapshot for me :( but 7 seconds!

7 SECONDS!!!!!

XHonusWagnerX - 8-8-2010 at 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SLF

Thanks... I designed that one.

panzerkreuzer - 8-9-2010 at 06:20 AM

both shirts will be printed in the us too. if anyone wants one, wait. they ´ll be done in nearer future (like the dvd :lol:)
honus, i have some buttons for you i never saw before. a starbucks rip off, a stanley cup design, a bruins rip off and two more.
the show in tilburg was awesome. four good bands at one afternoon was great fun. slapshot should only play the netherlands.
injury time were nice. good song selection, much better than the last time i saw them. but no stage acting, was a little bit boring after some time. sorry.
all for nothing become better and better, one of the best acts around. check them out www.myspace.com/allfornothingnl
tech 9 were good hcpunk, right the stuff the dutch love.
slapshot were very funny, unfortunately no new songs except wonderwall by oasis :)
pictures follow.

panzerkreuzer - 8-9-2010 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
7 SECONDS!!!!!

as much as i love sick of it all, slapshot and whoever live, these guys were the best of the old bands i saw for a very long time. unbelievable what they created for an atmosphere. they played one hour with all the hits they have and everyone was singing along.
this is what hardcore is all about.

SLF - 8-9-2010 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by SLF

Yeah, I saw that thread before I started posting haha, you did a really nice job on that one and the others.

Can't wait for them to be printed in the US.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-9-2010 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SLF
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SLF

Yeah, I saw that thread before I started posting haha, you did a really nice job on that one and the others.

Can't wait for them to be printed in the US.

Me either and I didnt want to have to wait!~

ShawnRefuse - 8-9-2010 at 04:13 PM

http://www.allinmerch.com/product/SS-LEGENDS

SLF - 8-9-2010 at 06:06 PM

Thanks for the link Shawn. Will be purchasing ASAP.

ShawnRefuse - 8-9-2010 at 06:07 PM

just like your tix to the DYS show? :P

XHonusWagnerX - 8-9-2010 at 06:36 PM

Theres a bunch of shirts on there that I designed and I dont even have. that sucks!

panzerkreuzer - 8-10-2010 at 08:52 AM

i love this one!
[img]http://www.allinmerch.com/account/images/thumbnail.img?color=000000&text=64655c&accent=be4f00&compliment=7f0002&navigation=700000&heading=fcfcfc& title=ffffff&logo=7f0002&link=e05923&picture.image.url=%2Ffiles%2F826561%2Fuploaded%2Fssdeathamericanstore.jpg&picture.width.max=450&picture.height.ma x=450&picture.image.mask.apply=false&stage.width.max=450&state=center&cache=1281383172174[/img]

willfyp - 8-10-2010 at 03:04 PM

is anyone going to TIHC that can get hold of the new slapshot shirts beforehand? i missed out on seeing them last week due to all my money/work holiday taking me to Sheer Terror!

lifeisabitch - 8-10-2010 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Theres a bunch of shirts on there that I designed and I dont even have. that sucks!

that wouldn't happen if they used a different merch compnay

XHonusWagnerX - 8-11-2010 at 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willfyp
is anyone going to TIHC that can get hold of the new slapshot shirts beforehand? i missed out on seeing them last week due to all my money/work holiday taking me to Sheer Terror!

Looks like no one can get ahold of them at all unless you order them from All-In Merch. :(