Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Favorite Sheer Terror album?

BKT - 8-26-2010 at 06:36 PM

Being rocking them as of late. Never actually really got into the band. I remember hearing the song Here To Stay way back in the day and nearly shitting my pants, but could never find the album anywhere. I have it now and love it, but I know they have some other records as well and wanted to know other then Just Can't Hate Enough, what is the boards favorite album?

BKT.

gavin - 8-26-2010 at 06:46 PM

i got into sheer terror real early on
i think each record got better as they went on
love songs for the unloved is my favorite

Discipline - 8-26-2010 at 06:51 PM

Ugly & Proud all the way. No contest.

I love all of their stuff, but that album is number one for me.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-26-2010 at 06:52 PM

Its no slight against all the others, but 'Just Cant Hate Enough' is my favorite

Spoiler - 8-26-2010 at 07:52 PM

1."Ugly & Proud" is my favorite (this is the same album as "thanks for nuthin" but it's from a different recording session and has bonus tracks)
2. "Thanks fer nuthin"
3. "Old,New Borrowed & Blue" EP
4. "Love Songs for the unloved"
5. "J C H E"

Buy the Bulldog Edition CD.....it has a bit of everything.

DAK - 8-26-2010 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Its no slight against all the others, but 'Just Cant Hate Enough' is my favorite

:thumbup::thumbup:

Colin - 8-26-2010 at 08:26 PM

this is a hard one....I love it all. Just Can't Hate Enough is probably my least favorite. Old New Borrowed & Blue, Ugly & Proud & the alternate versions on Thanks Fer Nuthin' are all amazing, & the Live at CBGB "7 is great as well. If you gotta pick one to buy I'd get Bulldog Edition. I still need to get a copy of Ugly & Proud, & if I ever resurrect my old laptop I can get Love Songs For The Unloved back again

Discipline - 8-26-2010 at 09:59 PM

Don't leave out "No Grounds For Pity" which has the old demos.

JawnDiablo - 8-26-2010 at 10:26 PM

ha
well
I heard of em in fanzines in high school.
Finally heard em in like the summer of 91 or 92 from borrowing a unmarked tape off Gavin's sister of Just Can't hate enough and the Live at CBGB 7 inch.
I thought it was Geoff's band
content wise, JCHE is my favorite ...it's just cold and dark
Production wise old new borrowed and blue is my favorite
Lyrically,Thanks for nuthin and Love Songs are my favorites,
but
Never consider Sheer Terror a band you can base it's greatness on studio material.
having seen a bunch of shows live and owning by far the most extensive collection of live footage on this here board (i'm gay sorry) they've always been one of those bands best experienced live

good god this last show in Philly is probably the best hardcore show i have seen ever.
no lie.
I'm drunk

JawnDiablo - 8-26-2010 at 10:29 PM

Personally, I find it unacceptable if anybody posting on this board dos not own at least Bulldog Edition.

JawnDiablo - 8-26-2010 at 10:34 PM

and I just wanna add
the songs off ugly and proud that got put on the asshole and proud 7 inch that didnt make it to thanks for nothin were fuckin strong as hell.
obviously they never got played live after 92 or so or got mentioned but lyrically they were tight.

JawnDiablo - 8-26-2010 at 10:35 PM

kiss my ass

DAK - 8-26-2010 at 11:03 PM

Word! That's what The Phillies do to ya.

JawnDiablo - 8-26-2010 at 11:11 PM

beer crabs and cheese curls

sippers - 8-26-2010 at 11:37 PM

i dig the tracks of off the big city comp then the live @cbs 7" and just can't hate enough..

tireironsaint - 8-26-2010 at 11:39 PM

In all honesty, my favorite album of theirs fluctuates from week to week or day to day. For the longest time I thought nothing they did could touch Just Can't Hate Enough, but as I got older I realized that they put out nothing but great albums. There's a song or two here or there on some records that just don't quite do as much for me as others, but there's not a single record I won't listen to all the way through any day.

Having said that, I probably like Joe Coffee better than Sheer Terror now. I'm sure that if I had heard them when I first got into Sheer Terror I probably would have turned up my nose like the obnoxious HC punk kid I was back in high school, but goddamn that band is amazing. I really hope they don't get buried now that Sheer Terror is back. When The Fabric Don't Fit The Frame is still one of the best albums of the past ten to fifteen years (maybe longer) as far as I'm concerned.

sentrand - 8-27-2010 at 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
Quote:

mattybar - 8-27-2010 at 05:14 AM

My favourite album is Ugly and Proud.

But 'Broken' and/or 'Ashes, Ashes' are probably my favourite Sheer Terror songs.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-27-2010 at 05:25 AM

Ugly and Proud....hands down. Young Punks in Love and Ano1....fuck.

REV.PAULIE - 8-27-2010 at 06:18 AM

You guys can make a fella blush...BKT,CHECK YOUR U2U'S IN A BIT...The fact that people talk about my output,nevermind compare it to each other,is friggin' cool..WEIRD,but cool...Most of the time,I just want to punch the World in the face with an awl...Then,I'm reminded I'm in a band that people like...I still have an awl,though.

I don't know what the state of JC is.I hope it's not over,but we REALLY need to figure it out.I didn't see me doing ST,again,as a problem.But,I didn't know that I wanted to regroup/resurrect that part of my life,again.This is just a pleasant surprise to me as it is to anyone who cares.I'm not leaving JC to continue ST...But,i don't honestly know how my JC bandmates feel about that,or me,at this time.

clevohardcore - 8-27-2010 at 07:57 AM

LOVE SONGS FOR THE UNLOVED. It's not the "punk rock politics" one to like most, but I don't give a fuck. I spin that all the time. Then just can't hate enough and so on..... Paulie THORPBOARD will always going to remind you of your contribution to all of this so get over it already. Sheer Terror is legendary. You brother are one kick ass Herp.

Discipline - 8-27-2010 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
I don't know what the state of JC is.I hope it's not over,but we REALLY need to figure it out.I didn't see me doing ST,again,as a problem.But,I didn't know that I wanted to regroup/resurrect that part of my life,again.This is just a pleasant surprise to me as it is to anyone who cares.I'm not leaving JC to continue ST...But,i don't honestly know how my JC bandmates feel about that,or me,at this time.

If John Brannon can keep Easy Action alive while doing Negative Approach shows, I'm sure you can find a way to make it work. I agree with Saint that "When the Fabric..." is one of the best albums I've bought in the last decade.

Johnny_Whistle - 8-27-2010 at 10:27 AM

I'd have to say "Just Can't Hate..." and "Ugly..."

JawnDiablo - 8-27-2010 at 11:18 AM

whew! I was fuckin bombed last night....

wez138 - 8-27-2010 at 04:12 PM

The bulldog edition has to be mine, It has all the greats on. Then old new borrowed and blue. Then No really! go fuck yourself.

And as much as I love Joe coffee, Sheer terror is a band that really needed to be back in the hardcore/punk "scene" due to it being full of PC/AGENDA/NONSENSE SPOUTING/WEIRDO/CLOSED MOUTHED/LILLY LIVERED/SHITRAGS.

imo.......

Murk - 8-27-2010 at 06:50 PM

Quote:

This is one of the few albums, of all time, that sounds just as good as it did the first time I heard it.

BEFORE YOU GET UP AND TELL ME THAT I'M WRONG
WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO THE FUCKING SONG

To this day, that song gets me fired up instantly.

MyOwnWay - 9-2-2010 at 01:57 PM

Just Cant Hate Enough. That was my introduction to Sheer Terror, the song itself was the first song I heard by them and that was the first album I got. For as much as I love the anger and power behind most of the songs, my favorite to this day is 'Roses'.