Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Any of yous in Austin, TX?

jonnynewbreed - 11-13-2010 at 10:30 AM

I'm coming down for SXSW and know nothing about the city.

tireironsaint - 11-13-2010 at 11:18 AM

That's my hometown but I moved away 6 years ago and haven't been there in a couple of years. I could probably tell you some things if nobody else is living there now.

Discipline - 11-13-2010 at 03:18 PM

You playing a set Jonny, or going for fun?

morgan - 11-13-2010 at 03:52 PM

I go to shows in Austin every once in a while but I don't know anything about SXSW.

JawnDiablo - 11-13-2010 at 07:18 PM

I wish I was able to see more of Austin when I was there.
Seemed like a great city.

jonnynewbreed - 11-13-2010 at 11:21 PM

no playing sets for me in Texas just going for work. Tough to find a hotel during SXSW though and friggin expensive.

tireironsaint - 11-13-2010 at 11:36 PM

Yeah, the city gets stuffed full to the gills around SXSW and books up way in advance since so many people come from all over the place. SXSW is great for the economy, but hell on locals otherwise. There are still some cheap motels along the interstate and such, but even those are probably gonna get filled up pretty quick and they can be pretty fuckin' sketchy. If you're gonna have a car I would STRONGLY recommend finding somewhere farther away from downtown to stay. The city really isn't very big (geographically speaking) so nowhere is really all that far away from all the clubs. Traffic can be pretty insane, parking too, but if you plan things out and don't just head out at the last minute you'll be fine.