Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Can you believe its been 6 years since Dimebags death?

BKT - 12-8-2010 at 06:30 PM

Seems like it happened the other day. Still such a crazy story. I gave him some love on Action Recon today and posted my favorite Pantera song. I think Pantera as a band were and still are one of the most over rated metal bands out there, but they had their moments and Dimebag was amazing on the guitar.

http://www.actionrecon.com/2010/12/rip-dimebag-darrell-six-y...

Favorite Pantera song, lets here it. Mine is Fucking Hostile.

BKT.

Mark Lind - 12-8-2010 at 06:50 PM

Tough call. I'm going with Mouth For War.

I posted this one another board and no one thought it was funny. Let me try again here:

Dimebag Darrell got killed cuz the dude was schitzo and thought Pantera was stealing his ideas. So while Darrell is pushing up daisies in his Kiss Casket the true thieves, Panera, are making millions off that dude's soup recipe.

gavin - 12-8-2010 at 07:53 PM

I don't care for pantera at all but was truly saddened when this happened. Could have been any of us or any number of "our" bands. From what I've been tide was a solid guy. R.I.P.

JawnDiablo - 12-8-2010 at 08:15 PM

I liked the Dimebag.
Seemed like a solid guy, as said by G.
Not a huge Pantera fan, but I found the man to be of serious talent.

Six66Mike - 12-8-2010 at 08:30 PM

My favourite was 13 Steps to Nowhere since it was the first song I heard by them. The Great Southern Trendkill album was awesome. Was shocked to find out dude got shot to death on stage during a show, that's just fucking insane. It's something you never think could happen, musicians on stage being shot by the guy on stage with a gun... how do guns even get past security at big shows? I always got patted down at any decent size show.

RIP Dimebag.

DAK - 12-8-2010 at 08:49 PM

Cowboys from Hell

MattyA - 12-8-2010 at 11:05 PM

RIP Dimebag, Pantera put on the greatest show I have seen to this day. Not one band I have seen in the last 15 years has topped them. Still remember almost having my eardrums blow out the second time I saw them play. Wasn't a fan of any of the other bands they were involved in after that. From what I heard about him he was the nicest person you could probrably meet, and he seemed like a nice guy in general. My favorite song as of right now is 5 Minutes alone, of course it changes depending on what mood I am in.

clevohardcore - 12-9-2010 at 12:55 AM

RIP DBD.

RISE, A NEW LEVEL,

I have always wanted to think Strength Beyond Strength was there raddest song but it when it slows it gets fucking weak at 1 minute in.

lifeisabitch - 12-9-2010 at 01:04 AM

CFH and Vulgar Display were great... after that I lost intrest....

RIP for sure

going to see exhorder friday night at a small as club in nola....
if you don't know go listen, and learn where Phil stole his ideas from

DAK - 12-9-2010 at 03:15 AM

I love Exhorder. Have fun.

SS76 - 12-9-2010 at 01:00 PM

Living Through Me (Hell's Wrath) or The Badge

gavin - 12-9-2010 at 01:17 PM

The badge is a poison idea cover no?

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 12-9-2010 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin

It is

Colin - 12-9-2010 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
Quote:
Originally posted by gavin

It is
it's pretty much a dead on cover, right down to the sample at the beginning. Never got much into Pantera, they're OK, I dig Superjoint Ritual & Arson Anthem a lot more