Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

just got fired....

Colin - 1-6-2011 at 04:54 PM

not too happy but not too sad either. I fucked up, I worked at a liquor store, dropped a 6 pack, breaking 2 beers, meaning I had to pay for it, so I drank 3 & gave another to the lady I worked with. I left the bottles in a trashbag to throw in the dumpster, but left them under the counter. She talked to the boss first & I don't know why, admitted guilt even though it's not on camera. I would've taken the blame, but too late for that. I only am pissed because she got fired too. As far as myself, I've been getting real sick of selling cheap vodka to derelicts drug addicts for $8.50, so I'm gonna look into going back to kitchen work, where I actually can use my skills & make a little better money. Fuck it, another chapter over, I've never been one to cry over spilt milk.

morgan - 1-6-2011 at 05:29 PM

Best of luck man.

ShawnRefuse - 1-6-2011 at 05:50 PM

sorry dude, it was probably meant to be. Use your skills, like ya said.

BDx13 - 1-6-2011 at 06:07 PM

that's the most positive attitude i've heard from anyone who was just fired in years. good luck, colin!

spyderdog - 1-6-2011 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
that's the most positive attitude i've heard from anyone who was just fired in years. good luck, colin!

yeah no kidding. its a much better way to look at things though!

best of luck man!!

JawnDiablo - 1-6-2011 at 06:45 PM

sorry to hear this.
best of luck moving forward

Six66Mike - 1-6-2011 at 08:16 PM

Man if they made me pay for the shit I broke at the beer store I would owe a fortune. I put a forklift through half a row of beer on a pallet once. That was fun, restacking 80+ cases on a new one.

Sounds like it'll turn out better for ya this way.

JawnDiablo - 1-6-2011 at 08:32 PM

things happen for a reason.
that's what I've been telling myself.
I believe it.
I've been unemployed for 6 months, but things are beginning to be looking up as far as prospects go.
Any day now I guess...

tireironsaint - 1-6-2011 at 10:31 PM

Good luck man, seems like everybody needs work right now. I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

Six66Mike - 1-6-2011 at 11:56 PM

I ended my contract job on Christmas Eve when I got offered a permanent job with a global health insurance provider. I started here Wednesday making a lot more money than I was contracting (which is odd, contract rates are meant to be higher).

Only problem with that is the holidays & contracting mean my last pay is less than my rent and pay week at the new job was this week, so I got another 2 weeks until I get real money. Bummer but first pay should be pretty amazing.

MikeFromInhuman - 1-7-2011 at 01:09 AM

Sorry to hear that man.
I lost my job in March 2010, still on un-employment.

Hang in there!

necrobutcher - 1-7-2011 at 02:45 AM

Keep your chin up man and good luck!

spyderdog - 1-7-2011 at 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Man if they made me pay for the shit I broke at the beer store I would owe a fortune. I put a forklift through half a row of beer on a pallet once.

ok, this is kinda awesome

Six66Mike - 1-7-2011 at 08:48 AM

It wasn't very fun to clean up :P But yeah, shit broke all the time. Hell in the Toronto store I worked at they would be drinking (including the Manager) almost every day near the end of their shift/at the end of the day. Especially Saturday night shift open til 11, dudes would be drinking from like 9 lol.

JawnDiablo - 1-7-2011 at 10:31 AM

oh shit I have destroyed so much crap driving a forklift in the last 15 years.
stuff like pharmaceutical product with values in the thousands.
the place had insurance, and if I was honest about doing it they were like whatever.

Colin - 1-7-2011 at 11:01 AM

thanks everyone. I was pretty happy with the paycheck waiting for me, it was more than I thought I would have. The only thing that got me down was the other coworker that got fired, she (I don't know why) has to support her verbally abusive unappreciative husband & 21 year old son, she called me up drunk & crying. Neither of us can get unemployment, but I'm going in for a food stamp application today, as well as look for some good old day labor. I'm really trying to make my vacation to Portland OR still happen next month, I think I can pull it off, I do have a little bit of money to fall back on for a few months.
Good luck to anyone else looking for work.