Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Lenny Lashley's Gang Of One

tireironsaint - 1-13-2011 at 12:41 AM

http://soundcloud.com/gang-of-one/jfk-mix-1?utm_source=sound...

This is one of the tracks from Lenny Lashley's ( of Darkbuster and Lenny & The Piss Poor Boys) new record. He's finishing up tracks and looking for a label to put out a full length of this stuff and I just advised him to get in touch with Thorp and Sailor's Grave. I think he'd be a great fit and I gotta say that I fucking LOVE the songs he has out under this project so far. Even though the 7 inch came out at the tail end of the year and was only three songs (four including the bonus track that came on the digital download with it), it's easily one of my top five records from 2010. I really think more people should hear these songs and I'd love it if this became a part of the Thorp family.

THORP - 1-13-2011 at 10:19 AM

love anything he touches...never heard from him yet, but glad to chat

THORP

XnMeX - 1-13-2011 at 11:26 AM

Saw him live doing this project and it was pretty sweet. Death & Taxes "final" show.

ChadBeantown - 1-13-2011 at 11:37 AM

Lenny is my favorite performer in Boston these days!! Everything he writes is GOLD!!

Colin - 1-13-2011 at 01:11 PM

will be purchasing this when I have $

Discipline - 1-13-2011 at 04:37 PM

It's decent, but I think his vocals fit punk music more than this.

newbreedbrian - 1-13-2011 at 10:17 PM

LOVE it. Fucking killer!

BDx13 - 1-13-2011 at 11:28 PM

This:

very non merry xmas

Gang Of One | Myspace Music Videos

tireironsaint - 1-14-2011 at 03:05 AM

Yeah, he's been going through some rough stuff lately. I hope things turn around for him and that he gets the attention he deserves for his songwriting. I don't think the guy's capable of writing a bad song.

moforn - 1-14-2011 at 08:39 PM

Wow- that's great stuff. I'm a fan of his earlier projects, but this is head and shoulders above anything he's done before- hope to see it go somewhere.

wez138 - 1-15-2011 at 05:26 PM

I remember Darkbuster playing over here a few years back,but lenny having some problems and not being able to come along. I sang skinhead on stage with the rest of the band.......Was one of the funnest gig's I've ever attended. Just wish I got to chat to Lenny.