Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

"The Girl..." trilogy

Discipline - 1-15-2011 at 08:43 PM

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl who Kicked a Hornets Nest.

Finally saw the third movie today. I can't quite put into words just how much I love all three books, as well as all three movies. I highly recommend you all check them out.

XHonusWagnerX - 1-15-2011 at 09:09 PM

what are they about?

clevohardcore - 1-15-2011 at 10:13 PM

My wife read em and said the movies are subtitled. Never watched em though. She mentioned they are intense.

Discipline - 1-16-2011 at 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
what are they about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Trilogy

SHAKO KEN - 1-16-2011 at 12:42 AM

i liked first movie mostly, the two others were alright. haven't read the books. like most internationally successful scandinavian movies they're being remade in english. by david fincher in this case so it probably will be decent but it's worth it to check out the swedish ones anyway. the lead actors are good and sweden is a good backdrop for movies imo.

DaveMoral - 1-16-2011 at 02:43 PM

I've liked the first 2 movies so far. Haven't read the books yet. I'll see when Hornet's Next is on Netflix streaming.

morgan - 1-16-2011 at 02:50 PM

Saw the 1st movie and really liked it. I picked up the first book but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Dave - 1-16-2011 at 03:50 PM

just watched the third one this past Friday, they were all good, but i think the first one was my favorite. Worth checking out for sure. and i really dont know why they are remaking them. the Swed. films were done great.

Discipline - 1-16-2011 at 06:12 PM

For once, I decided to watch the movies before reading the books so they weren't ruined for me, as so often happens. I loved them all, but I would pick "..Dragon Tattoo" as my favorite.

I don't know why they're remaking them. I have low expectations for the films, as I usually do when American studios remake foreign shows and movies I love. They usually end up dumbed-down and inferior. The Swedish films are available both sub-titled and dubbed in English, so why bother remaking them? I prefer to watch it sub-titled as I like to hear the emphasis and emotion in the dialogue in its original language.

Dave - 1-17-2011 at 08:30 AM

agreed, i watched all three sub'ed.