Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Blood For Blood

MattyA - 2-15-2011 at 12:00 PM

Apparently they are playing The New England Metal Fest. Friday night April15th with Biohazard. I take Rob's not going to be in the lineup for this? Would rather they play their own show instead.

BDx13 - 2-15-2011 at 12:03 PM

clevohardcore - 2-15-2011 at 12:05 PM

my guess is no one shows for day one. Who the fuck are those bands?

ShawnRefuse - 2-15-2011 at 12:08 PM

I'm prob not going to go. 35 bucks for a day of bands I am "eh" about, minus the obvious....I agree with Matty. DO THEIR OWN SHOW!!

Mark Lind - 2-15-2011 at 12:13 PM

Isn't Attack Attack the screamo band that patented the crabwalk thing?

Discipline - 2-15-2011 at 12:14 PM

I don't know a single one of the bands on the first day. Out of all three days the only band I'd want to see is B4B.

lifeisabitch - 2-15-2011 at 12:25 PM

day 1 is horrible

more than a few bands I'd like to see on day 2 but B4B is the most important

day 3 3inches of blood... that is all

MattyA - 2-15-2011 at 12:29 PM

I haven't been to the metal fest in maybe 10 years. I don't care who is playing it is not worth it to sit thru so many shitty bands just to see a few you like. Plus the fact that if you not a headliner you only get like 20-25 minutes per set if your lucky. I think the headliners only play for an hour to. This fest hasn't been good for years, minus a few good bands here and there it's usually a pretty bad lineup, friday being a good example.

BKT - 2-15-2011 at 12:37 PM

Funny fest really. Day 1 = Emo, Day 2= Hardcore and Day 3 = Metal.

BKT.

SS76 - 2-15-2011 at 01:17 PM

Fuck yeah I'll pay the 35 bucks for BFB!!!! Glad this was posted; I don't even bother checking the line ups anymore. Always wanted to see Biohazard and Terror also.

ChadBeantown - 2-15-2011 at 01:59 PM

Lionheart on day 2 is a PLUS!! Never heard of any bands on day 1 and not really into any bands on day 3. I think for 90% of the bands playing it is a pay to play deal. But I am not sure. They usually get new bands sucked into selling 100 tickets at $35 a piece. So you give them the $3500 and they give you a 20 minute set at 1 in the afternoon!! What a DEAL!!!

ShawnRefuse - 2-15-2011 at 02:06 PM

yeah If it was Biohazard, B4B, Terror, Lionheart I would pay $35, but all day fests with 20 minute sets ugh. I am probably gonna go, but definitely show up very late.

SS76 - 2-15-2011 at 02:31 PM

Alright, I've never heard Lionheart before so I just checked them out. Awesome. I'll pick up one of their albums this week so I'm more familiar. I was all for showing up late also, but now I may have to go earlier to see Lionheart. Any set times anywhere? I get out of work at 4, could be there by 5. I'll take the day off if I have to either way.

Discipline - 2-15-2011 at 06:33 PM

I'm too damn old and beat up for an all-day fest. The only way I'd consider it is if it was all bands I like, and that'll probably never happen.

necrobutcher - 2-15-2011 at 09:11 PM

Word around the campfire is that they will be playing multiple shows this summer.

You all are right, day one of this looks like a fucking abortion.

BDx13 - 2-15-2011 at 10:02 PM

i know no details, but it absolutely stands to reason they will be playing more than this one show.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-15-2011 at 10:22 PM

Thy Will Be Done is on day 2 also. They are metal, but they are good at what they do. The singer J is an awesome guy and a good friend of mine.

Colin - 2-16-2011 at 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Isn't Attack Attack the screamo band that patented the crabwalk thing?
yep......so desperately horrible. A fat emo singer....at least packing as much gut as I do but with tight clothing....who wants that?

REV.PAULIE - 2-16-2011 at 07:47 AM

The all-day fest things are a trip,for me...I did a good deal of the TIH fest,when we played...Walked around,heard a lot of stuff that I'd never listen to,but the "kids" liked...Saw a bunch of pussy that I wouldn't be taking back to my hotel room...Posed for a bunch of pictures with excited people...It could've been a LOT worse..

Thank God for Cocaine & Bourbon.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-16-2011 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
The all-day fest things are a trip,for me...I did a good deal of the TIH fest,when we played...Walked around,heard a lot of stuff that I'd never listen to,but the "kids" liked...Saw a bunch of pussy that I wouldn't be taking back to my hotel room...Posed for a bunch of pictures with excited people...It could've been a LOT worse..

Thank God for Cocaine & Bourbon.

thats awesome because a lot of 'hardcore celebrities' just hide out back stage and as a fan it is really cool to get to talk to someone in a band you like.

From the other side of it, most 'festivals' dont have enough bands that I care about at all and I get bored so I dont really like them for the most part.

BDx13 - 2-16-2011 at 06:34 PM

Does anyone know if Rob is playing this show? I know it was said that he wouldn't TOUR, but as this is a local show, it's a little unclear.

Brit - 2-16-2011 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Does anyone know if Rob is playing this show? I know it was said that he wouldn't TOUR, but as this is a local show, it's a little unclear.

No.

morgan - 2-16-2011 at 10:11 PM

Even if I was anywhere near that, didn't see enough bands I'm into for it to be worth the price or effort.

REV.PAULIE - 2-17-2011 at 07:26 AM

I'm curious to see if Vanna White has brought enough vowels...As well as who buys the brass duck fireplace log holder with their last $250...

REV.PAULIE - 2-17-2011 at 07:29 AM

I mean..Wouldn't that be a total anti-climax,after thrashing your limbs about all willy-nilly? Now,we have to try to SPELL??? I'm TOTALLY out of the loop with today's generation...

Six66Mike - 2-17-2011 at 07:40 AM

I love the little blurb under Bury Your Dead's name. Basically "we're playing all the shit from when we were good". Not that I think they were ever good, but they sucked a lot more after those albums.

Mark Lind - 2-17-2011 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
I love the little blurb under Bury Your Dead's name. Basically "we're playing all the shit from when we were good". Not that I think they were ever good, but they sucked a lot more after those albums.

I never heard their recordings but I saw them live twice on festivals we played with them. They were really.... not my thing. Did they ever get popular?

XHonusWagnerX - 2-17-2011 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
I'm curious to see if Vanna White has brought enough vowels...As well as who buys the brass duck fireplace log holder with their last $250...

man I miss when Wheel of Fortune prizes were set up like that. I loved when they would have just a little money left and Pat would make them buy the ceramic dalmation statue!

Remember the show Sale of the Century? That was a good one too!

Six66Mike - 2-17-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike

I never heard their recordings but I saw them live twice on festivals we played with them. They were really.... not my thing. Did they ever get popular?

Yeah they seemed to be pretty big for a while. I just always avoided them. Saw them once live open for... some other forgetable band apparently. Was bored stiff.