Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

What would you do?

Discipline - 2-24-2011 at 12:51 PM

Here's the deal. At the of of this past November I ordered a couple of things from a site called workingclassstreetwear.com. Since that time I've received no communication from them. By the time I thought of reporting it to paypal, I was two days past the 45-day deadline. I've sent a number of emails to the addresses they have listed on their site, as well as leaving a few messages at the phone number they listed. I haven't gotten a single reply. I want my money or the shit I ordered, but I'm out of ideas. At what point do you give up and call it a loss?

BDx13 - 2-24-2011 at 02:07 PM

i looked up the registration info for the domain name and there was nothing listed there that wasn't on their site...which is unusual.

registration for WorkingClassfortheWorkingClass.org was done through a privacy company, so you can't see who actually registered the domain.

personally, i'd write like every other week until i got a response. level headed and fair. guilt 'em! i don;t think screaming is gonna convince anyone to respond.

Mark Lind - 2-24-2011 at 02:27 PM

If you want to get hard line then there are consumer protection agencies you can report them to. It's not really a matter of them just not delivering the material; it's actually wire and mail fraud. You really could stick it to them if you wanted to. On the one hand, they're probably a small business and it will hurt them but, on the other hand, they're ripping you off.

Mark Lind - 2-24-2011 at 02:30 PM

This is the agency you would go through

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

BKT - 2-24-2011 at 02:50 PM

Hurt them and hurt them bad. Those fucking cunts are stealing your money that you work hard for. Fuck em anyway you can.

BKT.

XnMeX - 2-24-2011 at 03:10 PM

I think the most annoying fact is that it is a site with product geared towards the working class and what do they do? Fuck over the working class people that order from them!

I was gonna do a "whois" but BD beat me to it.

BDx13 - 2-24-2011 at 03:29 PM

sounds like mark suggestion comes from experience.
don;t let em get away with yer loonies!

XnMeX - 2-24-2011 at 03:30 PM

Nevermind, decided to WhoIs search anyways...

Here is what I found and how I know this is them:

http://austin.citysearch.com/profile/35674765/austin_tx/this...

Thistleboy Streetwear
Seamus McDonald
(512) 452-2923
2525 W Anderson Ln Ste 455
Austin, TX 78757

My steps:

Did a domain WhoIs search at godaddy.com

Org name: Thistleboy

I searched the listed phone number in google and found the Thistleboy CitySearch.com listing.

:wink2::thumbup:

Mark Lind - 2-24-2011 at 03:37 PM

Busted.

Discipline - 2-24-2011 at 05:16 PM

Thanks Monty! I thought they were in Arizona, just because they say they're opening a place there. :puzzled: The phone number you have there is the same one listed on the site, but it's good to have the guys full name. On the sight they list Seamus, but no last name. Might have to look into that site Mark posted.

Thanks guys!:thumbup:

REV.PAULIE - 2-24-2011 at 05:26 PM

Me & my guitarist were talking about the whole Skinhead/Working Class ethic of wearing "designer" labels,that aint cheap,and then crying about being downtrodden. Then,it dawned on me. Pissing away your money on crap you really don't need is probably the most Working Class ethos there is.

Discipline - 2-24-2011 at 07:30 PM

They had a good price on Harrington jackets.:P

Mark Lind - 2-24-2011 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
Me & my guitarist were talking about the whole Skinhead/Working Class ethic of wearing "designer" labels,that aint cheap,and then crying about being downtrodden. Then,it dawned on me. Pissing away your money on crap you really don't need is probably the most Working Class ethos there is.

Gotta buy it on credit too.

Mickey - 2-24-2011 at 08:32 PM

Do you know anyone in Austin that could stop by the address? Any thorp warriors live there?

tireironsaint - 2-25-2011 at 03:06 AM

I don't think they have an actual storefront anymore. I used to stop by that shop pretty regularly when I was still in Austin and the guy was always cool with me, but I've heard over the years that a lot of folks have had trouble with his mail order. I seem to remember a big mess on skinheads.net a few years back about it. Damn, haven't been on there in forever. Anyway, he always had top quality stuff in his shop and the best prices too, it's a shame if he's not taking the mail order side seriously or something.

Mark Lind - 2-25-2011 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey
Do you know anyone in Austin that could stop by the address? Any thorp warriors live there?

:lol:

Colin - 2-25-2011 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
very true

Discipline - 3-8-2011 at 01:27 AM

Decided to go with Mark's suggestion. Fuck them if they don't like it.

Thanks again Monty, as I needed most of that info to file my claim.

BDx13 - 3-8-2011 at 11:17 AM

well done!
let us know what happens.

XnMeX - 3-8-2011 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Decided to go with Mark's suggestion. Fuck them if they don't like it.

Thanks again Monty, as I needed most of that info to file my claim.

No problem!

And yes, FUCK THEM! It's not like you filed claim without trying to contact them. You tried, they hide. Fuck that.