Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Slapshot in DC

XHonusWagnerX - 2-24-2011 at 08:02 PM

SLAPSHOT (legendary Boston HC, only area show!)

THE RIVAL MOB (raging HC from Boston)

COKE BUST (DC’s premier 2011 HC band)

NO VALUES (RVA, members of Brace War/Iron Boots, FFO Warzone)

Saturday May 7th 2011
5pm (yes 5pm, show has to end before their night show)
$15

at
U Street Music Hall
1115 U St NW
Washington DC 20001

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE at http://www.ustreetmusichall.com

MikeFromInhuman - 2-24-2011 at 08:53 PM

Would love to see Slapshot for the first time since 1990 :(

3rdDistrict - 2-25-2011 at 07:29 AM

awfully close to baltimore... curious why that never panned out.

BDx13 - 3-4-2011 at 12:23 PM

we got a flyer of facebook event page for this yet?

danny, could just be that they're friends with whoever is booking the show.

XHonusWagnerX - 3-5-2011 at 01:05 PM

BDx13 - 3-5-2011 at 02:13 PM

thanks, honus.

ShawnRefuse - 3-7-2011 at 01:26 PM

DC was easily our best show, they are gonna have a blast. ours was 21+ and we played last, and there were people stage diving off of tables, face plants, and chicken fights. They know how to have a good time.

Six66Mike - 3-7-2011 at 08:33 PM

So is The Rival Mob any good? What do they sound like? Supporting Slapshot & Sheer Terror only a couple months apart, they gotta be doing something right.

Vanilla Gorilla - 3-7-2011 at 08:48 PM

they rule

http://www.myspace.com/therivalmob

ShawnRefuse - 3-8-2011 at 09:42 AM

I have yet to see them but have only heard good things.

moe - 3-8-2011 at 10:04 AM

Will be there. Can't wait

3rdDistrict - 3-9-2011 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
we got a flyer of facebook event page for this yet?

danny, could just be that they're friends with whoever is booking the show.

Meh. I don't care, only have time for bands who really want to play the best city for hardcore.

Sheer terror is gonna be off the charts!

BDx13 - 5-11-2011 at 10:23 AM

ShawnRefuse - 5-11-2011 at 10:30 AM

Thanks BD

XHonusWagnerX - 5-11-2011 at 10:58 AM

Coke Bust was amazing... Rival Mob was really good and I think the Slapshot set was good too.

Sold a bunch of merch & met Romantic Violence which was nice, but it seemed like a lot of the kids there were kind of assholes. They all walk around and talked like their shit didnt stink. The merch was set up in a booth (like at a resturaunt) and it covered the whole table and one bench and I was sitting on the other bench, but people kept sitting right in my way or standing and talking dirrectly in front of the table and giving me a dirty look when I asked them to move.

sentrand - 5-11-2011 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeFromInhuman
Would love to see Slapshot for the first time :(

Discipline - 5-11-2011 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sentrand
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeFromInhuman
Would love to see Slapshot for the first time :(

moe - 5-13-2011 at 08:17 AM

Show was great. First time I've been to U St. Music Hall. Liked that spot. I thought every band killed it. After Slapshot finished I think I had a smile the rest of the night I had such a good time. Back has been wrecked ever since but definately worth it.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-13-2011 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by moe
Show was great. First time I've been to U St. Music Hall. Liked that spot. I thought every band killed it. After Slapshot finished I think I had a smile the rest of the night I had such a good time. Back has been wrecked ever since but definately worth it.

I think they said that was one of the first hardcore shows there, but it went so smoothly that they are going to keep doing them and they already have a bunch more booked.

3rdDistrict - 5-13-2011 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Coke Bust was amazing... Rival Mob was really good and I think the Slapshot set was good too.

Sold a bunch of merch & met Romantic Violence which was nice, but it seemed like a lot of the kids there were kind of assholes. They all walk around and talked like their shit didnt stink. The merch was set up in a booth (like at a resturaunt) and it covered the whole table and one bench and I was sitting on the other bench, but people kept sitting right in my way or standing and talking dirrectly in front of the table and giving me a dirty look when I asked them to move.

ah, our nations capital for ya
you forgot overpriced and cramped

but this place is near bens chili bowl... 2 half smokes & fries!