Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Not being edge appreciation post

RomanticViolence - 10-5-2004 at 09:52 AM

haha... sounds cool. I could never really drink Liquor though, i've always been more of a beer drinker.

Except when i was younger and a few kids in the neighborhood would put our money together to buy nasty cheap shit like Mad dog 20/20 or thunderbird, Wild Irish rose...but thats not liquor thats more like cheap wine.

GabeTexasGAMC - 10-5-2004 at 10:06 AM

damn fond memories of MD20/20 and pissing on the nieghbor.
Like actually pissing on him while hes passed out.
I'm not much of a drinker or drug user. I really dont like doing drugs at all...
But jesus... The awesome taste of a beer..a guinness, or a miller high life (when I'm broke) with a couple of friends... SHEET YO!
I just watched two french dudes on tv talk to each other in english. That shit was FUNNY!
Thorp should release a THORP BAND DVD.
Random 9am bullshit kickas ass.
Why does the board seem different somehow? The kids arent posting as much i think.

moron - 10-5-2004 at 11:09 AM

I dont drink as much as I did in college, but I do enjoy drinking from time to time. Not drinking to get fucked up, but drinking to either just get a buzz going and feel loose, or to actually enjoy the taste of whatever Im drinking.

I love Tequila for instance, and I had a bottle of Cuervo I had won at a stag. So when I got home I'd mix it with some V8 splash juice I bought and it was so fucking tasty. I ended up finishing the bottle that week and I had a nice buzz going after work each night. I felt like and alcoholic, but once the bottle was gone I sorta went dry again. I didnt want to buy another one. I'd rather win it!

Anyway, I couldnt enjoy the fine taste of tequila if I were edge, so I appreciate my non-edge ways.

DAN SMASH - 10-5-2004 at 12:09 PM

not edge myself, i enjoy a few beers with friends,
shooting pool or watching bands.
i respect edge people for what they choose to do,
some of my friends have been abstaining for years.
got no problem with it at all.

Big Ugly - 10-5-2004 at 12:18 PM

I could never be edge cause I just love booze too much. No smoking or drugs but I love a drink now and then. I used to drink to excess when I was younger but now I just enjoy sipping on a couple of beers or having a bit of whiskey. Edge is cool if people do it for the right reason, it's just not for me.

DAN SMASH - 10-5-2004 at 12:26 PM

i seem to remember a band in the 80/early 90's who classified themselves as "bent edge", they advocated all the opposites of being edge.
dont remember what they were called though, anyone know?

guess there are a few around today who fit the category.

BDx13 - 10-5-2004 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN SMASH
i seem to remember a band in the 80/early 90's who classified themselves as "bent edge", they advocated all the opposites of being edge.
dont remember what they were called though, anyone know?

guess there are a few around today who fit the category.

GRUDGE had some funny spoof songs on their 7" back in the day.

BDx13 - 10-5-2004 at 04:38 PM

i'm with bchc. especially the part about the scotch.

at the terror show last week, the singer from remembering never dedicated a song to "all the nonbelievers". moron and i, standing at the bar drinking newcastles, raised our glasses in a sign of appreciation and, in a way... solidarity!

Big Ugly - 10-5-2004 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
i'm with bchc. especially the part about the scotch.

at the terror show last week, the singer from remembering never dedicated a song to "all the nonbelievers". moron and i, standing at the bar drinking newcastles, raised our glasses in a sign of appreciation and, in a way... solidarity!

Makes me laugh. Reminds me of one of the times I saw Earth Crisis years ago and while they were playing Gemorrahs Season Ends they got to the part where he screams "I am Straight edge" over and over. I realized that I, like numerous others, was screaming along with my fist raised in the air. The fist in the air was holding a beer. Just got caught up in a great song.

Dave - 10-6-2004 at 09:30 AM

i rarely get drunk anymore, i'm more content to have a couple get the buzz and enjoy the taste.

like a cold boddingtons after work......yummy:P

Lilith - 10-8-2004 at 11:38 AM

i drink a bottle or two of wine a few days every week. i actually enjoy it with food now, and rarely drink to get drunk. new medical studies in my favor say that moderate wine intake is good for your health. who knew?