Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

I thought this chart was pretty great

BDx13 - 3-11-2011 at 12:20 PM

We often hear these numbers thrown around on the news individually and they can be hard to put into perspective by themselves. I saw this a few days back and thought it did a great job putting some of these billions into perspective:

XHonusWagnerX - 3-11-2011 at 12:24 PM

thats amazing & sad

BDx13 - 3-11-2011 at 12:24 PM

Then I saw THIS chart and it REALLY put things into perspective.

I'm not the type to suggest that all defense spending needs to be cut and that all poor people entitled to this or that or even that the rich need to be taxed into the poor house, but maybe there's a slightly better balance we could be aiming for?

Six66Mike - 3-11-2011 at 09:46 PM

Where are those charts and numbers from?

CR83 - 3-12-2011 at 01:52 AM

I am speechless. I don't have the answers but man, it sure seems like priorities are upside down.

clevohardcore - 3-12-2011 at 10:53 AM

"ANGER INSIDE......MAKES MY MIND............BBBBUUURRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

spyderdog - 3-12-2011 at 06:31 PM

until people learn that voting republican is blatantly a vote against their own interests (which wont happen....due to the billions of dollars in propaganda fodder the GOP has mixed with the general dumbness possessed by the middle of this country) or the democrats learn to find their balls and stand up to the republicans (which is even less likely to happen) this will never change

lifeisabitch - 3-12-2011 at 09:55 PM

the problem is most democrats are just as corrupt as the republicans...
I would never support a republican but god damn it's getting harder to call myself a democrat

spyderdog - 3-13-2011 at 09:18 AM

i think its more the democrats are just giant pussies

wesxedge - 3-14-2011 at 12:05 AM

I think our government has completely lost sight of our well being, and view society as a statistic and nothing more. They have lost touch with what is actually hurting our nation. Seems most politicians would rather "play" in the government than actually do anything to help.

Colin - 3-14-2011 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spyderdog

that's why I lost interest in them after they let Dubya ruin everything.

Six66Mike - 3-14-2011 at 09:25 PM

How does this make ya feel? - http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/15/3164202.htm

Quote:
US millionaires want more cash

Posted 1 hour 44 minutes ago

Almost half of America's millionaires do not feel rich enough despite their out-sized savings, while almost two-thirds fret over the chance that rising taxes might further erode their enviable nest eggs, according to a new survey.

Fidelity Investments, a Boston-based financial services company, polled US households with assets to invest - excluding workplace retirement accounts and real estate - of at least $US1 million.

Of the more than 1,000 millionaires who responded, 42 per cent said they do not feel all that well off.

Fidelity then asked the unsatisfied cohort of millionaires what it would take to make them feel better about their net worth. The answer: assets to invest of at least $US7.5 million.

For comparison's sake, the average US household has a net worth - including retirement assets and real estate holdings - of $US86,000, according to the Federal Reserve.

Sixty-four per cent of the millionaires who participated in the Fidelity survey said they were "extremely or very concerned" about the impact of potential tax changes on their investments, and were talking with investment advisers to minimise the impact.

- Reuters

spyderdog - 3-15-2011 at 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Quote:
Originally posted by spyderdog

that's why I lost interest in them after they let Dubya ruin everything.

and now they hold all the cards and they are STILL letting republicans run em around