Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Bruce Springsteen with the Dropkick Murphys, 3/18/11

BDx13 - 3-22-2011 at 01:53 PM

Peg O' My Heart - Badlands - I'm Shipping Up To Boston

MattyA - 3-22-2011 at 02:22 PM

That's pretty cool.

Discipline - 3-22-2011 at 03:07 PM

I don't care what anybody says, that's fucking cool.

ShawnRefuse - 3-22-2011 at 03:27 PM

that is pretty awesome.

BKT - 3-22-2011 at 03:28 PM

Amazing.

BKT.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 3-22-2011 at 03:40 PM

Springsteen watched Death Before Dishonor that night as well

Mickey - 3-22-2011 at 03:44 PM

I was there for this, it was awesome. I went with death before dishonor who were playing. I caught then soundchecking with Bruce Springsteen and there were only about 30 people in the whole building. After that I was catching up with Al, and Bruce Springsteen walks up. Al introduced me to him and told him I'm a good guy to know. Hahaha he's Bruce Springsteen and I'm the good guy to know. I was beemin. When DKM went on I couldn't see shit because of all the people in one designated area. So me and my boy spied an open spot overlooking the stage, and made our way. When we got there there were 3 kids already there so we posted up along the wall. Then Bruce Springsteen comes along and posts up next to me. I ended up watching the whole set shoulder to shoulder with him, and the 3 kids were his and their friend. Totally surreal moment. We made a bit of small talk and he was pretty down to earth. His kid ended up a DBD fan by the end of the night. I also met Max Weinberg, his son is drumming for against me, and Mickey Ward. That and Sheer Terror the nnext night made for an incredible weekend.

BKT - 3-22-2011 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey
I was there for this, it was awesome. I went with death before dishonor who were playing. I caught then soundchecking with Bruce Springsteen and there were only about 30 people in the whole building. After that I was catching up with Al, and Bruce Springsteen walks up. Al introduced me to him and told him I'm a good guy to know. Hahaha he's Bruce Springsteen and I'm the good guy to know. I was beemin. When DKM went on I couldn't see shit because of all the people in one designated area. So me and my boy spied an open spot overlooking the stage, and made our way. When we got there there were 3 kids already there so we posted up along the wall. Then Bruce Springsteen comes along and posts up next to me. I ended up watching the whole set shoulder to shoulder with him, and the 3 kids were his and their friend. Totally surreal moment. We made a bit of small talk and he was pretty down to earth. His kid ended up a DBD fan by the end of the night. I also met Max Weinberg, his son is drumming for against me, and Mickey Ward. That and Sheer Terror the nnext night made for an incredible weekend.

Damn bro, that sounds like one hell of a weekend. Well done.

BKT.

newbreedbrian - 3-22-2011 at 04:03 PM

Awesome, I'm a huge Springsteen fan. New Breed used to cover No Surrender years ago. We actually recorded a version of it during some recording sessions that ended up getting lost due to a hard drive crash.

Mark Lind - 3-22-2011 at 05:27 PM

Quote:

that's pretty fuckin' awesome.

BDx13 - 3-22-2011 at 05:40 PM

that is one hell of a weekend!

Jason the Magnificent - 3-22-2011 at 05:40 PM

Very cool vid.

CR83 - 3-22-2011 at 11:25 PM

Not a fan of Bruce's music but he just seems like a real nice dude. Nice job Mickey. That is awesome.

Dave - 3-23-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Awesome, I'm a huge Springsteen fan. New Breed used to cover No Surrender years ago. We actually recorded a version of it during some recording sessions that ended up getting lost due to a hard drive crash.

Wicked Vid.

i have a practice version of us doing the song, that's all that remains. The studio version is pretty much lost forever.

necrobutcher - 3-23-2011 at 10:58 PM

Quote:

That is one of the best things I have heard in some time. Awesome.

Voodoobillyman - 3-24-2011 at 06:35 AM

I think this is really neat, especially since they share and express alot of the same values in their music.

MyOwnWay - 4-11-2011 at 11:23 PM

I was at the philly show a couple days earlier, and I was hoping this would have happened. Very cool.

SuchADangerous - 4-13-2011 at 04:16 PM

I was at the show, but had nowhere near the experience that Mickey had. I was just up front and snapped a few pictures, haha.

DaveMoral - 4-13-2011 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:

that's pretty fuckin' awesome.

What he said. Sounds like a hell of a night.