Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Sheer Terror kicked my ass

Discipline - 4-9-2011 at 01:29 PM

Great fucking show last night. They played most, if not all, of the songs I really wanted to hear. Paulie was hilarious as always, got to meet him and BKT and toss back some drinks. I had a blast. I usually drive to shows, but last night I wanted to do some drinking so I cabbed it. Cost me $60 each way, but I never go out so I'm okay with blowing some cash for ST. My pics turned out shitty, but BKT has a bunch.

A couple of highlights I found funny:

When Rhinoceros were going into their last song the singer called out for a circle pit. There was one kid running around in a circle while everybody else stood there watching.

When I went to Rhino's table to grab some stuff for Roland, I asked if they had any hoodies, the singer looked at me and said "man, we don't have anything that big!." Cracked me up.

During another band I started laughing at all the spin kicking ninjas and started laughing. Some chick beside me asked what was so funny, I told her I didn't know they were doing auditions for the next Karate Kid movie. She had no idea what I meant.

One of the bartenders was quick to serve me all night because she said I was one of the only people leaving a tip.

BDx13 - 4-9-2011 at 02:05 PM

outstanding!

MattyA - 4-9-2011 at 02:13 PM

Nice!

newbreedbrian - 4-9-2011 at 03:29 PM

Awesome you finally got to see ST Mike, glad you had a good time!

DAK - 4-9-2011 at 04:23 PM

:thumbup::thumbup:

JawnDiablo - 4-9-2011 at 05:03 PM

glad ya got to see them dude

Discipline - 4-9-2011 at 06:04 PM

Years of watching tapes was fun, but nothing beats the real thing. Was also cool to meet BKT.

Murk - 4-9-2011 at 11:06 PM

great post.

where's BKT?

BKT - 4-11-2011 at 03:05 PM

Sheer Terror was sick. Mike it was a pleasure meeting you man and Paulie could not have been more entertaining or down to earth. I have some killer pics from the show. Mike PM me your e-mail and I will send the originals over to you.

There will be an interview on Action Recon with Paulie this week. I will post it here when it is done.

Great night!!!

BKT.

tireironsaint - 4-11-2011 at 03:09 PM

So jealous. Hopefully they make it somewhere where I'll have a chance to see 'em so I can bump my total times of seeing one of my favorite bands up from once to twice.

Colin - 4-11-2011 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
So jealous. Hopefully they make it somewhere where I'll have a chance to see 'em so I can bump my total times of seeing one of my favorite bands up from once to twice.
I'd drop some serious travelling money down just to see Sheer Terror

BDx13 - 4-11-2011 at 10:19 PM

photos!

JawnDiablo - 4-15-2011 at 11:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XICYZ0hANn4&feature=related

BDx13 - 4-18-2011 at 10:23 AM

where are we with the photos??

Discipline - 4-18-2011 at 11:07 AM

I've got a few that turned out decently. Just need to brighten them up a bit.