Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

First mini attempt at "extreme couponing"...

XnMeX - 4-12-2011 at 09:10 PM

I know someone made a post about that show and we watched it this weekend and thought "How the fuck do they do that???" so I looked into it and me and the wife tried a mini run...

$50 worth of stuff...

4 Jars of Peter Pan PB, 4 Boxes of Kix, 10 Philly Cooking Cremes, and 8 Yoplait Yogurts all for $11.99!

Not bad for a first attempt!

BDx13 - 4-12-2011 at 09:31 PM

so...break the deal down for us!

nice thing is that it's all stuff you'll use within a reasonable timeframe. might be eating a lot of peanut butter, though.

XnMeX - 4-12-2011 at 09:45 PM

"Sadly", the Peanut Butter will be the first thing gone. We are both PB junkies. We had Thai Peanut chicken (withc extra PB) for dinner and then a slice of PB chocolate cake for desert.

As for the breakdown, the trick is combining sales and coupons (or double coupons). One store in the area doubles coupons and their is a site that lists items on sale and if they have any coupons for the items (most you can print right off of websites).

I can't remember the yogurts but the Cooking Cremes are usually $2.99, on sale for $1.49 and we had a $1.00 coupon (the store only doubles coupons below $1.00 though, but still got them for $0.49). Kix were on sale for $1.99 a box, printed $0.50 coups and doubled them.

We will make use of all the stuff and are giving a few of the cooking cremes to some friends.

clevohardcore - 4-12-2011 at 10:31 PM

I'll get you photos of some of our scores. We just landed over $80 in stuff for just over $8 and i am not bullshitting. We have a tally since the beginning of the year and our estimated total is for things is huge. I have all the receipts and we are going to spreadsheet them soon. MY WIFE IS COUPON CHAMPION!

My suggestions
Shop at STAPLES, get emails from em and buy all stuff from STAPLES. We get all computer paper, tape, pens, ink, batteries etc for nearly free. So far I have a full box of paper= 10 reams and i spent maybe $8 for.

Shop where places double or triple. Look for adds and print out coupon that end in #5. You can use them on any product said company offers. Also, It take s some time, but it pays off. It really does.

Shop at RITE AID or CVS Pharmacy's. They are coupon friendly. DO NOT shop at WALGREENS they are not coupon friendly. Coupon Pharmacy shopping has amazing deals. Even on soap, hand soap, body wash and anything else you can think of that a pharmacy sells.

TARGET- fucking rules as well. We get some awesome deals on cleaning products, detergents, soaps, toothpastes. I'll take some pics of our scores and show ya.

If you work somewhere where you can print online coupons use it. You will be printing a lot of them.

Off top of my head I will guess we would have spent maybe $683.00 total on everything since the beginning of year and would have spent well over $3,000. We get a lot for free. Just because of doubling coupons.

Keep in mind a lot of this is stuff we don't need and we have stocked up. We are planning at the end of the year donating some stuff near expiration dates and I have chosen a local woman and children shelter. They don't know it, but that is where I will take some of this stuff.

XnMeX - 4-12-2011 at 11:02 PM

Nice! Deffinetly post up your haul! What stores do you go to that double? Target, Staples, Rite Aid and CVS don't, right?

clevohardcore - 4-12-2011 at 11:38 PM

GIANT EAGLE- they double and sometimes triple. Never tripled yet though. They will not give you money back so if your coupons owe you money your out of luck. WALMART however, they will give you money back. Today I would my 5 year old a nice Rawlings t-ball stand for Easter that was $20.00 and only paid $8.63 because we used coupons on other items that ended up being free and owed us money. So WALMART gave us $11.37 just to shop.

Do want you can and go online to read up on websites. I'll get a list of sites my wife uses tomorrow. Also, check out ebay. People will compile a shit ton of coupons of single items and you buy them from them. We have over 60 tubes of toothpaste and 60 toothbrushes. I know what your going to say. Same with soap. We got soap bars, body wash, lotions, toilet paper and all kinds of shit. It is amazing what you an save and acquire with using coupons.

Side note:
I was going to hit up CRREED about his GROUPON thing in another thread, but I'll do it here. What is that? I read you used it for your lasik.

XnMeX - 4-12-2011 at 11:45 PM

Walmart doubles coupons???

clevohardcore - 4-12-2011 at 11:48 PM

Photobucket
Each one is full of something. One is toothpaste and toothbrushes, another is feminie products for the lady, another is just handsoap/dispensers, another is batteries and various items like tape, pens etc, another is laundry detergent.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

clevohardcore - 4-12-2011 at 11:50 PM

We have over 15 boxes of cereal right now that we paid like .30 each for. Its amazing. Also, granola and fiber bars out the ass. Pun intended.:cool:

jonnynewbreed - 4-13-2011 at 06:37 AM

these deals don't happen in Canada.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-13-2011 at 06:37 AM

my biggest question is what the fuck is a cooking creme??

Jason the Magnificent - 4-13-2011 at 06:43 AM

Yeah I've never even heard of cooking creme, sounds like it's health food? lol...

Glad I'm hearing donate...we watched an episode of that show...those people are sick...hoarding all that food just for the thrill of getting it almost free? Waste.

Johnny_Whistle - 4-13-2011 at 07:21 AM

I think I'm gonna need to stat looking into this myself. My rent just doubled, and I need to save every penny I can and probably get a second job. I need to stop throwing those circulars away...

XnMeX - 4-13-2011 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
my biggest question is what the fuck is a cooking creme??

It is a new item put out by Philly. It is used in recipies and the wife can make some amazing stuff with it. Pasta dishes, quesadillas, and a bunch of other stuff. Pretty much loike cooking with cream cheese.

And speaking of donating, I fuckin HATE mustard but have some coupons to pick up 2 bottles for free just to donate. Those people on the show are indeed sick! I am all set on giving up a room in my house for this but I wouldn't mind keeping the pantry fully stocked, hook up some friends, and donate some food all for less than it would cost me normally.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-13-2011 at 08:07 AM

ok... post up the sites

Murk - 4-13-2011 at 09:54 AM

somebody should tell homeless shelters how to do this.

XnMeX - 4-13-2011 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
ok... post up the sites

The one I use is http://www.mavenofsavin.com since they list up Shaws (which is in my area) and they also list up Rite Aid and CVS which I need to "learn" how to do.

Furly - 4-13-2011 at 12:36 PM

Awesome! The stuff I wind up with way to much of I donate to my friends. I typically have people over at least once a week to have dinner, it's not unlikely that they leave with a bag of stuff like cleaning supplies, toothpaste ect.

Furly - 4-13-2011 at 12:38 PM

That's the only reason my man doesn't get mad if I come home with to much stuff. He fears I'll become a hoarder.

Discipline - 4-13-2011 at 12:41 PM

I didn't know Peter Pan Peanut Butter was still around. I haven't heard about that stuff in years.

Colin - 4-13-2011 at 12:58 PM

Clevo, seeing those toothpaste deals makes me wonder what difference it makes when toothpaste expires....I looked at a bunch of my half used tubes a few months back & noticed they all expired over a year ago

XnMeX - 4-13-2011 at 01:59 PM

I am almost out of toothpaste so I plan on finding a way thru Rite Aid or CVS to get it for free.

clevohardcore - 4-13-2011 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Walmart doubles coupons???

^^^^^^^^ No they don't. That is why I listed them separate. What they do that GInat Eagle doesn't is Walmart will give you back money if they owe you because a coupon was more value. I used the exta to get a tball stand for my boy.

clevohardcore - 4-13-2011 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Clevo, seeing those toothpaste deals makes me wonder what difference it makes when toothpaste expires....I looked at a bunch of my half used tubes a few months back & noticed they all expired over a year ago

^^^^^I looked it up and toothpaste can expire and not go bad. However when you donate most places will not take expired items so I will donate some b4 they are done. Sunday the wife picked up 12 more colgate for free. We could have gotten .10 back for each but The Eagle doesnt refund money.

clevohardcore - 4-13-2011 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I didn't know Peter Pan Peanut Butter was still around. I haven't heard about that stuff in years.

^^^ Ya its always on sale with coupons. Smuckers natural is tough to find though.

clevohardcore - 4-13-2011 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
ok... post up the sites

The one I use is http://www.mavenofsavin.com since they list up Shaws (which is in my area) and they also list up Rite Aid and CVS which I need to "learn" how to do.

^^^^ The wife will link em up tonight. DO go to RITE AID and CVS. Sign up for there prefered shoppers cards. Get emials and they send you deals. Add the coupons from papers and weekly mail and you score big. The wife went during lunch and landed Gillette excel razors and laundry detergent and spent $1.24 total.

REDPLUM mailers every tuesday.

XnMeX - 4-13-2011 at 03:26 PM

Seems like a lot of the Rite Aid and CVS deals are centered around Mail In Rebates and / or in store "money". True?

clevohardcore - 4-13-2011 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Seems like a lot of the Rite Aid and CVS deals are centered around Mail In Rebates and / or in store "money". True?

^^^^ Ya, somewhat. Rebates can either be mailed to you or paypal. That is what I do with STAPLES. The CVS and RITE AID stuff my wife does and every time she goes she is spending hardly any cash for a lot of stuff. Last week she had a bill of over $40 and spent around $5 or $6.

I revised our total spend to be estimated around $532.00 for the year. And items around $3,000 worth.

BDx13 - 4-14-2011 at 09:38 AM

this one's gonna be on Hoarders next:
http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-112514-9255-...

XHonusWagnerX - 4-14-2011 at 10:12 AM

this is all amazing to me, but sounds like a full time job

clevohardcore - 4-14-2011 at 03:09 PM

couponmoms.com

ebates

XnMeX - 4-14-2011 at 03:44 PM

My wife just got into Ebates. Got a $12.00 check already for stuff we were going to buy anyway.

Dave - 4-15-2011 at 08:53 AM

i dont think i've ever had peter pan PB, i dont think we get it up here. (but i'm a Kraft extra smooth PB, lover anyways)

And it's true, we dont have that kind of couponing up here.

Coupons got this for $9. estimate

clevohardcore - 4-26-2011 at 01:58 PM

On other side of the FUSE drinks are 8 BRUTE deodorants. The Deodorant, Honest Tea and FUSE were all free. The Nivea body wash was all free, but I had to pay tax and the Edge shave gel were .30 each.

BDx13 - 4-26-2011 at 01:58 PM

HA!
i could use a new shaving cream, hook a brother up!

clevohardcore - 4-26-2011 at 02:02 PM

The THORP Warriors will be getting toiletries from me this Christmas!

BDx13 - 4-26-2011 at 02:04 PM

:D

XnMeX - 4-26-2011 at 02:06 PM

What is the breakdown of the deal? Where? What coups? Sales? Rebate programs? Etc...

One thing that is awesome about New Hampshire is no sales tax. ;)

clevohardcore - 4-26-2011 at 03:14 PM

I got the Nivea $3.00 coupons on ebay and they expire in 20 days. Bought 20 of them for $7 including shipping. Go to Walmart as they are $3.00 at Walmart. Making them free. Or $7(ebay) for 20 body washes. We also have 8 of the coupons from us that my wife collected from various places. We used those a couple weeks ago. I bought all Walmart had and I still have 13 coupons left that I will get in the coming week.

The Edge coupons we collected over time. The were .55 off that double in our local Giant Eagle. We waited till they went on sale and used them. They were like 1.50 on sale. Normally they only go to $2.00 which would have made them only .90. Still a bargain for as much as my hairy ass goes through them.

The Honest Tea and FUSE I have no idea how my wife got those. I think she saved them up from getting 6 newspapers every week and collecting them over the past weeks. We get the Sunday papers on Monday for only only .99 at our local drugstore.

The BRUTE deodorant was coupons saved up as well from newspapers. They were on sale this week and my wife used them. The coupons came out to the same price as the deodorant on sale and that made them free.

SIDE NOTE: I just realized that I should have not made this thread and put it in the past COUPON threads we have. Any chance we can combine all our coupon threads into one? It would help all of us keep track of what is going on. For all those interested of course.

BDx13 - 4-26-2011 at 03:32 PM

Merge complete!

XnMeX - 4-26-2011 at 03:34 PM

Awesome, thanks for the breakdown!

clevohardcore - 4-26-2011 at 03:43 PM

Here is a ebay link to someone selling 10 of them. They expire on 5/14 but they are BIN for $6. So you get 10 body washes for $6.45 total. Freaking nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-3-00-Nivea-Men-Body-Wash-MAY-14-225-F...

My wife said go tho this website to get points to get coupons This is how we got the HONEST TEA for free. We also got coupons for free coffee. Also they have coupons for COKE and PEPSI products.

http://www.recyclebank.com/

Furly - 4-26-2011 at 09:46 PM

Last week was really good for me! I got 20 mens Nivea bodywashes, there were on sale at rite aid, and was able to by 4 at a time for a total of 4.38 far the 4, but then get a $5 up back (like cash to use there), then I'd turn around and get 4 more and also some Gain dish liquid, the little bottles were on sale for (I think) 69 cents, then I used a $1.00 off that was in the paper last week, got 20 of them so made some more cash...... Then with all my overdraw I got some fruity pebbles that were $1 a box, buy 2, get a $1 off, so 50cents each.

clevohardcore - 4-26-2011 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Furly
Last week was really good for me! I got 20 mens Nivea bodywashes, there were on sale at rite aid, and was able to by 4 at a time for a total of 4.38 far the 4, but then get a $5 up back (like cash to use there), then I'd turn around and get 4 more and also some Gain dish liquid, the little bottles were on sale for (I think) 69 cents, then I used a $1.00 off that was in the paper last week, got 20 of them so made some more cash...... Then with all my overdraw I got some fruity pebbles that were $1 a box, buy 2, get a $1 off, so 50cents each.

^^^^ RITE AID is were its at. Getting store credit is pretty sweet. It just keeps rolling over and building if ya let it.

Furly - 4-27-2011 at 08:15 AM

Same! I'm actually at a loss right now since I still got $5 that needs to be used by next week and there arn't many great deals that I want in on.... I can't just go spend the money without planning. :-/

XnMeX - 5-6-2011 at 08:22 PM

I still need to figure out Rite Aid but did some Shaws action tonight with the wifes first eBay purchased coups for Uncle Bens rice.

$7.73 for 18 boxes of rice, 4 boxes of pasta, 3 boxes of cereal, 3 bottles of mustard, and 3 packages of dog treats!

clevohardcore - 5-7-2011 at 01:30 AM

NICE SCORE!

XnMeX - 5-7-2011 at 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
NICE SCORE!

Kinda got a little "tricky" with the uncle bens... We had 20 coups for one certain type that was not on sale and then right next to it they had ones 10/$10 so we used the $0.75 coup and made $0.50 on each box towards our other stuff since the coup doubled.

clevohardcore - 5-7-2011 at 08:55 AM

That was real smart. It may not be the exact item you want, but go with the one where you get it free or you get some money back towards other purchases.

One thing that sucked recently was that I needed to make several trips out to 2 WALMART stores because I had 20 coupons for that NIVEA body wash but they were always out. I had 12 remaining coupons from the first trip. I went at 1 am and they got a truck in and they gave me a full box of the body wash unopened as it contained a total of 12. I only paid like $2.00 in tax for them because the coupon made them free. That was the cool part of the not so cool moment. The manager was totally cool and got em for me. However the cashier was mad that I got them for the price and kept on trying to find out how I got the coupons. She asked if I worked for the local paper and how did I get them? And several other jackass questions. She would have been even more of a bitch had I not had the manager being so cool. I call that coupon blocking. Ya seriously want to be a bitch because I found a way to save my money and you didn't? Fuck you! That shit is annoying. You will get that a lot at WALGREENS by the way. They are anti coupon.

XnMeX - 5-7-2011 at 01:08 PM

I am trying to remain REALLY friendly to the managers and cashiers at Shaws in the area because it sounds like in the area that couponing and coupon-ers are kinda "clique" like wich I find kinda funny. I would just tell her that you buy a lot of newspapers. The wife bought 10 or 20 of the Nivea coups on eBay like you said and we are leaving now to check out Walmart. Wish us luck.

Furly - 5-7-2011 at 04:55 PM

I really should start taking pictures. This week I got 2 (12 packs) of TP, 2 toothpastes, 6 deodorants, 8 (3 packs) of ivory soap, 10 packs of bikini shavers, 8 small bottles of dish soap, 2 things of cat liter 3 packs of sunflower seeds..... I think thats it, maybe there was more. It was over $100 before sales and coupons, got it down to just under $20....

Now I really need to stop getting toothpaste, but when you get paid a buck a piece how can you pass it up?!

XnMeX - 5-7-2011 at 06:00 PM

Just give some to friends or donate, that's what I plan on doing when the stockpile gets too big.

clevohardcore - 5-7-2011 at 07:55 PM

Ya I know, the wife keeps picking up 4 toothpastes or so each visit and we got a full container already of it. Gave some to family, but it was fucked up how some of them they really didn't give a shit. Last fucking time I give them anything free again. Trying to help them out.

clevohardcore - 5-7-2011 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
I am trying to remain REALLY friendly to the managers and cashiers at Shaws in the area because it sounds like in the area that couponing and coupon-ers are kinda "clique" like wich I find kinda funny. I would just tell her that you buy a lot of newspapers. The wife bought 10 or 20 of the Nivea coups on eBay like you said and we are leaving now to check out Walmart. Wish us luck.

^^^^^^^ The 2 closest walmarts to us do not order for you so we have to keep going back and checking there stock. PLus, very sneeky they only stock 6 NIVEA bodywash at a time because of the coupon. The other brands have like 3-4 rows of the same wash = an average of like 18 or so. Hope you avoid the issues we had with them.

XnMeX - 5-8-2011 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^ The 2 closest walmarts to us do not order for you so we have to keep going back and checking there stock. PLus, very sneeky they only stock 6 NIVEA bodywash at a time because of the coupon. The other brands have like 3-4 rows of the same wash = an average of like 18 or so. Hope you avoid the issues we had with them.

Didn't have a problem, we had 10 coupons and I got 6 meand and we even used 4 of them for womans Nivea body wash for the wife.

clevohardcore - 5-8-2011 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't have a problem, we had 10 coupons and I got 6 meand and we even used 4 of them for womans Nivea body wash for the wife.

^^^^^^^^^^ AHAHA I tried that and they refused me. Since it clearly stated MENS on the coupon. Thing is I've done that b4 and it scans no problem. Nice job landing those.

Jason the Magnificent - 5-9-2011 at 06:34 AM

So how much time a week on average are you guys spending collecting these coupons?

XnMeX - 5-9-2011 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^ AHAHA I tried that and they refused me. Since it clearly stated MENS on the coupon. Thing is I've done that b4 and it scans no problem. Nice job landing those.

The wife tried using Clean & Clear Body Wash coupons on face cleanser, that did NOT work. Never know unless you try because sometimes thye ring up and the cashier doesn't notice / care. I think the problem is BOGO because they need to write the ammount on the coupon and that is when it gets caught almost every time. Lessons learned!

As for the ammount of time, I don't spend too much time on it. I can also do some at work so that time does not count. ;)

XnMeX - 5-9-2011 at 08:46 PM

Ok, hit up Rite Aid for the first time and was well prepared!

Simple thing I learned that I am sure Clevo and Furly already know, if you use a BOGO coupon on an item that is on sale as bogo you get them for free.

Well, I knew Rite Aid was have a BOGO on most candybars. I had coups for the Hershey's from sunday papers and then Reese's coups were printed out but the best... I was at Market Basket (local store) that had a stack of BOGO Snickers Peanut Butter coups...

I got all the Snickers PB's from both Rite Aid stores in Dover, NH.

$14.92 for todays haul... 6 bottles of dish soap, 6 Speed Sticks, 2 body washes, 3 heat patches, 1 pain cream, 3 packs of panty liners, 10 Hershey bars, 4 packs of Reese's, and 22 Snickers peanut butter bars (ate one before the picture was taken ;) ) which retails for $108.54 (Well, at normal Rite Aid prices anyway...)

This was the first haul I did 100% on my own since my wife is a coupon master and I went this one alone as well and I felt PUMPED coming out of Rite Aid with all this shit! It is very odd to explain but it reminds me of the "high" I would get when I used to shoplift as a kid.

clevohardcore - 5-9-2011 at 08:53 PM

"This was the first haul I did 100% on my own since my wife is a coupon master and I went this one alone as well and I felt PUMPED coming out of Rite Aid with all this shit! It is very odd to explain but it reminds me of the "high" I would get when I used to shoplift as a kid."

Dude, I know exactly what your saying. The best thing about this is its all legal. Great job by the way. Especially on your own without the lady around.

XnMeX - 5-10-2011 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
"This was the first haul I did 100% on my own since my wife is a coupon master and I went this one alone as well and I felt PUMPED coming out of Rite Aid with all this shit! It is very odd to explain but it reminds me of the "high" I would get when I used to shoplift as a kid."

Dude, I know exactly what your saying. The best thing about this is its all legal. Great job by the way. Especially on your own without the lady around.

Rite Aid had confused me a bit everytime I would look on the matchup websites and I did not have the Up rewards fully figured out so I said to the wife "That's it, I am going to figure out Rite Aid and do a haul!". The BOGO baffled me and I still had my doubts that it would work but it did. When I went to the 2nd Rite Aid for the rest of the Snickers (we have 2 Rite Aids litteraly 1/2 mile from eachother) I got 8 Snickers and my total due was $0.00. First time that has happened and it felt weird just going "Ok, See ya!" and walking out with a bag of stuff.

clevohardcore - 5-10-2011 at 10:11 PM

shelf price is $232.15
after coupons and store specials is $47.01
Photo does not include 2 gallons of milk 1 pound of turkey breast and 1/4 pound of muenster cheese. We needed to get them in the fridge.
The boy wanted to show you all his dinner. It was green beans sweet potatoes and chicken. :singing:

XnMeX - 5-11-2011 at 06:58 AM

Pretty damn good haul! I HATE that V8 Splash stuff with a passion!

clevohardcore - 5-11-2011 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Pretty damn good haul! I HATE that V8 Splash stuff with a passion!

^^^^^ I wont drink it as it has the high fructuse corn syrup. That is the wife. It's nto bad tasting just not my bag. Very sweet.

clevohardcore - 5-11-2011 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
So how much time a week on average are you guys spending collecting these coupons?

^^My wife is running this. She spends maybe a hour a day after work. Then again she is collecting stuff online throughout the day as well so its hard to gauge. She works full-time so she aint devoting as much as she'd like. Otherwise we'd have a bunker of inventory if she could spend more time on it. The days she shops has more time devoted to it as she is organizing and planning the list.

Just got a text from her. She picked up 7 GILLETTE shave gels for .11 each at RITE AID. 7 freaking containers for .77 total. The total is less than half of what one would cost. Time to start shaving the back hair. :singing:

clevohardcore - 5-12-2011 at 02:31 PM

shick hydro shave gel. The coupons are on ebay. .75 which should double in your stores. I got 10 on ebay for 1.45 including shipping. The coupon is good till 5/31/11. The store sale ends next week and witht he store sale it will make them .15 each. I'll link ebay tonight if any of you have the sale going on in your stores.

XnMeX - 5-12-2011 at 03:10 PM

Not on sale here, I just got 4 cans of Gillette Foam for free from SS coups from last week though. I prefer gel, but I REALLY prefer FREE!

clevohardcore - 5-12-2011 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Not on sale here, I just got 4 cans of Gillette Foam for free from SS coups from last week though. I prefer gel, but I REALLY prefer FREE!

FREeeeeeeee! awhaywhahwhhahwhaw

*Homer J Simpson*

XnMeX - 5-19-2011 at 10:08 PM

Got a question for Clevo or Furly since you 2 seem to know about Rite Aid...

They have toothpaste of sale this week. It is $2.99 with $2.00 back in UP+ plus I have a $1.00 coupon...

If I bought the toothpaste for $2.99
Use $1.00 coupon and get $2.00 back in UP+
Can I go and get another thing of toothpase with another $1.00 coupon and the $2.00 UP+ I got from the first purchase?

And if so, would I then get ANOTHER $2.00 in UP+?

clevohardcore - 5-19-2011 at 10:48 PM

Hi! This is Clevo's wife. If you look at the ad, RA allows a limit of 2 offers per household, (two UP+ rewards per address). So, to answer your question yes, you can do this and you will get (2) $2.00 up rewards- but you may have to buy another cheap item (like something for .50) with the second transactions to use the $2.00 up from the first transaction due to the tax (I am not sure if the tax is different for NH vs OH). Your second transaction total will need to be over 2.00 to use the $2.00 up from the first transaction. The RA I go to is very "coupon friendly" and the cashiers always let me run through two different transactions to roll the rewards. Hope this makes sense!

Furly - 5-20-2011 at 01:35 PM

I would get the 2 toothpastes, using my 2 coupons on the same trip. I typically do all my RA, CVS, and Wags shopping on Monday.

When the next week flyers are out, I make my lists, put together my coupons and Ups,RR, and Bucks, in separate piles, go to the store that Monday and do it all over again. It's called rolling your rewards. That's how I got 2 packs of zip loc tuperware, 9 things of detergent and some other crap for freeeeeee this week. All the rewards I got back I'll use again next Monday.

XnMeX - 5-21-2011 at 07:24 AM

Thanks to both of you for the info. How long are Up Rewards good for?

Furly - 5-21-2011 at 02:24 PM

2 weeks I think.

clevohardcore - 5-21-2011 at 11:43 PM

The wife says they differ and you find out from your receipts somehow most of the time. It may depend on the store though.

BDx13 - 6-27-2011 at 09:34 PM

Extreme Coupons: TV Show Draws Extreme Backlash
http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-113020-10125...