Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Record Store Day is Tomorrow!

XHonusWagnerX - 4-15-2011 at 09:52 PM

anyone going out shopping??

Some pretty cool stuff this year...

Poison Idea - Darby Crash Rides Again reissue 7" limited to 500
Meatmen - Happy Easter 7" limited to 500
Hank III - 5 different color vinyl LPs limited to 340 each
Bad Brains - Pay to Cum reissue 7" (red, Yellow, green & black vinyl)
Bad Brains - God of Love reissue LP limited to 2000
Deftones - Covers LP limited to 3000
Nirvana - Hormoaning 12" limited to 4000
Ramones/Chili Peppers split 7"
Husker Du/Green Day split 7"
Mastadon/ZZ Top split 7"
OFF! - Live 7" limited to 2000
Neurosis - Neurisis LP limited to 600
Rancid - Dominoes Fall CD box set limited to 600
Kill Rock Stars - comp LP reissue

sippers - 4-15-2011 at 10:26 PM

I want the Rev 7"S , but I don't think any stores in houston ordered any of them..

JawnDiablo - 4-15-2011 at 10:37 PM

I don't even know of a record store worth shopping at around here.

Geoff is there anywhere down there that is still around?
I used to go in Noise Pollution and Phila record Exchange to do my damage but I have been off the grid and don't know if they're even still there
not that i'm a shopping
I have the boys baseball all damn dayhttp://thorprecords.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1

Colin - 4-16-2011 at 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
anyone going out shopping??

Some pretty cool stuff this year...

Poison Idea - Darby Crash Rides Again reissue 7" limited to 500

came across a copy (not sure what pressing or whatever...I don't know dick about this stuff) for $20 in Portland last week....I was broke. A signed (by Jerry, Pig, Hippy, & maybe Myrtle & Mondo, can't remember besides the first 3, autographed to some couple or something) copy of Pajama Party on picture disk going for $30 too...pissed I didn't have more $$$

Colin - 4-16-2011 at 04:58 AM

at our local store we'll be EXTREMELY lucky to get a copy of that OFF! 7"....I seriously doubt it though.

XnMeX - 4-16-2011 at 08:03 AM

A new record store is actually opening in my towon today... Coincidence?

XHonusWagnerX - 4-16-2011 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sippers
I want the Rev 7"S , but I don't think any stores in houston ordered any of them..

What rev 7"s??

Murk - 4-16-2011 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:

What rev 7"s??

REV:17 Youth Of Today "S/T" 7" (Red Vinyl) edition of 1,000
REV:18 Quicksand "S/T" (Blue Vinyl) edition of 1,000
REV:22 Burn "S/T" 7" (Yellow Vinyl) edition of 1,000
REV:68 Elliot "U.S. Songs" LP (Grey Vinyl) edition of 500

gavin - 4-16-2011 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MQ74
I don't even know of a record store worth shopping at around here.

Geoff is there anywhere down there that is still around?
I used to go in Noise Pollution and Phila record Exchange to do my damage but I have been off the grid and don't know if they're even still there
not that i'm a shopping
I have the boys baseball all damn dayhttp://thorprecords.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1

Yeah..noise is still there...repo is still there as well...I haven't been in either one in years....I had enough repo for a lifetime...Fuck that place

sentrand - 4-16-2011 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Murk
Quote:
Quote:

What rev 7"s??

REV:17 Youth Of Today "S/T" 7" (Red Vinyl) edition of 1,000
REV:18 Quicksand "S/T" (Blue Vinyl) edition of 1,000
REV:22 Burn "S/T" 7" (Yellow Vinyl) edition of 1,000
REV:68 Elliot "U.S. Songs" LP (Grey Vinyl) edition of 500
i got 3 out of 4. not bad for getting there and hour and half late. i really didn't want elliot anyway.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-16-2011 at 03:32 PM

I got YOT, BURN and QUICKSAND too and had no interest in Elliot. I've never even heard of Elliot to be honest.

I got some other cool stuff too, great day overall!

Discipline - 4-16-2011 at 06:00 PM

TKO were kind enough to stock the Meatmen and Poison Idea 7"s in their online store so I grabbed them there.

sippers - 4-16-2011 at 06:14 PM

found a total score today an old houston band SNOT(slime from the nose of texas) Slaughterhouse 7" on blue with the sticker and the test press as well came with it.Totally stoked a TX hardcore classic..Did'nt but anything RSD releated but it was a helluva day..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn2goQxeK-s

Colin - 4-16-2011 at 07:13 PM

I'm gonna go check the local store right now....they aren't in the least bit impressive. As far as their 3-foot vinyl section, I imagine the best I'll come across is Hank III, maybe Clash I already have on CD, or the OFF! 7" I already have.....not their fault, there's just not enough people into much less anything I listen to in this town. Every once in a while they surprise me, but it's all brand new

Colin - 4-16-2011 at 08:10 PM

so our local store tripled it's vinyl section since last time I was there....some better stuff than I expected. They sold out all the live OFF 7"s, but they get the new one in a few Tuesdays. I had limited funds, but I got The Immortal Mississippi John Hurt & FEAR The Record, plus a live pic Minor Threat sticker & a nice record carrying bag & some Record Store Day stuff for free. I remember last year was when they gave me a free Tesco Vee bobblehead because it wouldn't sell