Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

What band have you been loving as of late.

BKT - 5-19-2011 at 05:31 PM

I have been rocking to The Sword and Chrome Division non stop for the last few months. Always loved Chrome Division, but never got into The Sword until recently. Both amazing bands.

BKT.

MattyA - 5-19-2011 at 05:47 PM

Booze & Glory, been on repeat on my Ipod for weeks

Six66Mike - 5-19-2011 at 06:32 PM

Backhand has made a comeback in my playlist.
Propagandhi again in preparation for their show on the 29th.

mattybar - 5-19-2011 at 06:37 PM

Cinematic Orchestra
Incendiary
Activator
Red Fang (awesome new video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8NFrmQ_S0)

JawnDiablo - 5-19-2011 at 07:15 PM

in the car:
Clutch
Queens Of The Stone Age
High On Fire

at the gym:
Sheer Terror
Bad Vibes
Wisdom In Chains
NSK
Black Flag

at home:
Motorhead
Ramones
Joe Coffee
Jesus Lizard

Discipline - 5-19-2011 at 07:32 PM

Had the new AF going in the car for the past couple of weeks. Fucking love it. Best thing they've put out since Riot Riot Upstart.

JawnDiablo - 5-19-2011 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Had the new AF going in the car for the past couple of weeks. Fucking love it. Best thing they've put out since Riot Riot Upstart.

I thought the same.

Six66Mike - 5-19-2011 at 08:27 PM

I forgot the ones I've been uploading to YouTube, some I've been listening on repeat and keep bumping the view count.

Fahrenheit 451
Twinfold
Inhuman

Discipline - 5-19-2011 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike

Twinfold

Why??? They were fucking terrible.

Six66Mike - 5-19-2011 at 09:15 PM

New Plush Interior is an awesome song :P It's on my YouTube channel.

joey - 5-20-2011 at 12:27 AM

Noi!se
Marching Orders

Spoiler - 5-20-2011 at 07:43 AM

Tim Barry
Curtis Mayfield
William Elliot Whitmore
The Cranberries

Hardcore,I am.

clevohardcore - 5-20-2011 at 07:58 AM

CIV - thirteen day getaway

CLUTCH, DANZIG, new FOO FIGHTERS

Jason the Magnificent - 5-20-2011 at 08:10 AM

Hour of 13...goin to see em in a week w/ Kylesa in Grand Rapids.

panzerkreuzer - 5-20-2011 at 09:23 AM

at the moment my favorites are
Ruckus (most complex hc i heard for a long time, their songs have everything, accoustic bast, blast, mosh...)
www.myspace.com/ruckushc

dead manīs chest ( hard uk band on seventh dagger)
www.myspace.com/thedeadmanschesth

stagger and fall (sound like rancid at "letīs go" times, if you like the harrington saints and stuff)
http://www.myspace.com/staggerandfall

rotting out (la straight edge)
www.myspace.com/rottingouthc

ChadBeantown - 5-20-2011 at 09:31 AM

This is great. Gives me a lot of new bands to check out!! I have been listening to a lot of Bad Brains and Blood For Blood lately!!

Six66Mike - 5-20-2011 at 09:44 AM

I was just browsing and came across Stretch Arm Strong - Rituals of Life. This album is awesome. This band is awesome.

Colin - 5-20-2011 at 10:44 AM

I can't even begin to list anything, my ipod shuffle's full of all my favorites, everything from Poison Idea to Wesley Willis to Jimmie Rodgers to Desmond Dekker to Gravediggaz to Siouxie, & everything in between I could fit on it....
Quote:
Originally posted by MattyA
Booze & Glory, been on repeat on my Ipod for weeks
but I have that Booze & Glory/Harrington Saints split coming today, & I've been pretty stoked on the Booze & Glory side I've heard on the Pirate Press website, Swinging Fuckin' Hammers is a great song, while I found The Harrington Saints song a bit, well, like redundantly boring & predictible oi, but I haven't heard much else from them, so I'll still give them a chance

SS76 - 5-20-2011 at 10:52 AM

Necrophagia- Deathtrip 69
Almost as good as Harvest Ritual....ALMOST.

Cars- Move Like This
1986 called....they want their sound back.

Chrome Division- 3rd Round
Goes great with beers.

clevohardcore - 5-20-2011 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
I was just browsing and came across Stretch Arm Strong - Rituals of Life. This album is awesome. This band is awesome.

About 2 montsh ago I was rocking there entire cataloge and thinking the same thing. Even the last release FREE AT LAST is pretty good. I didn't think that when it came out though.

Colin - 5-20-2011 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:

About 2 montsh ago I was rocking there entire cataloge and thinking the same thing. Even the last release FREE AT LAST is pretty good. I didn't think that when it came out though.
that's a band I haven't heard in a while....one of my roommates has some of their stuff I know

clevohardcore - 5-20-2011 at 02:45 PM

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^ If you like that check out "A revolution transmission" and "engage" both very good releases from that band. I think SAS best releases.

Spoiler - 5-20-2011 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^ If you like that check out "A revolution transmission" and "engage" both very good releases from that band. I think SAS best releases.

I never cared much for just listening to this bands albums..... but Live,they are fantastic. Until you've seen them live,you have no idea how great they are.

Spoiler - 5-20-2011 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
at the moment my favorites are
Ruckus (most complex hc i heard for a long time, their songs have everything, accoustic bast, blast, mosh...)
www.myspace.com/ruckushc

dead manīs chest ( hard uk band on seventh dagger)
www.myspace.com/thedeadmanschesth

stagger and fall (sound like rancid at "letīs go" times, if you like the harrington saints and stuff)
http://www.myspace.com/staggerandfall

rotting out (la straight edge)
www.myspace.com/rottingouthc

I like Stagger and fall pretty good from the couple of songs I listened too.

Discipline - 5-20-2011 at 09:14 PM

Today has been all about Prong. Been quite some time since I listened to them. Forgot how damn good they are.

SS76 - 5-21-2011 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Today has been all about Prong. Been quite some time since I listened to them. Forgot how damn good they are.

Prong is fucking awesome.

clevohardcore - 5-21-2011 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
Quote:
Quote:

I never cared much for just listening to this bands albums..... but Live,they are fantastic. Until you've seen them live,you have no idea how great they are.

clevohardcore - 5-21-2011 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SS76
Quote:

^^^^ rate the releases. I've been meaning to pick some up because I was never into them back in the day. I saw them live in 1991 and wasn't digging it. All I remember was a song that repeated the line "I BEG TO DIFFER"

clevohardcore - 5-21-2011 at 01:56 PM

Yesterday and now today DRI lp. It makes the nice weather even better.

SS76 - 5-21-2011 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SS76
Quote:

^^^^ rate the releases. I've been meaning to pick some up because I was never into them back in the day. I saw them live in 1991 and wasn't digging it. All I remember was a song that repeated the line "I BEG TO DIFFER"

Power of The Damager has been on top for awhile, along with the remix album Power of The Damn Mixxxer. Devastating.
Cleansing is a great album. Worth the listen.
Scorpio Rising wasn't very memorable. Prove You Wrong and Beg To Differ sound like the same album to me, comparable to early Helmet. Badass. Whose Fist Is It Anyway has some killer remixes. I haven't heard the first couple albums. Yet.

Discipline - 5-21-2011 at 08:58 PM

I'd say start with Cleansing. It's easily their best known album.

Vanilla Gorilla - 5-22-2011 at 02:04 AM

the fucking Bruisers this month, last month, next year...they rule

i'm drunk too, but it doesn't change anything

panzerkreuzer - 5-22-2011 at 09:36 AM

saw lifeless yesterday. hard stuff, a little too slow for my taste, but it grows on me. should be something for bkt.
http://www.pahardcore.com/lifeless

M.Alki - 5-24-2011 at 12:18 PM

Steel Nation, Face To Face and Good Riddance have been constant plays for me lately

Duffy - 5-24-2011 at 02:16 PM

Early Boston hardcore worship (Last Rights, Death Wish, etc) by dudes from NY

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?v4ue166gcq2jkg5

7"

http://www.mediafire.com/?o92eh0674qgdstl

Same idea as Creem except these dudes are actually from Boston

The Boston Strangler demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?nb1c5odaam1uv1x

panzerkreuzer - 5-24-2011 at 05:29 PM

thanks duffy. really cool stuff.

Colin - 5-25-2011 at 12:22 PM

I finally gave a listen to Tim Armstrong's solo album yesterday at work, a coworker had it on their ipod, I liked it myself.

Johnny_Whistle - 5-25-2011 at 12:38 PM

Not exactly in line with the rest of you, but I've been listening to a lot of Great Big Sea and Scythian.

Just sayin'

Voodoobillyman - 5-25-2011 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
I finally gave a listen to Tim Armstrong's solo album yesterday at work, a coworker had it on their ipod, I liked it myself.

That album is awesome, the Aggrolites play back up for him on it and those dudes are on point!

Voodoobillyman - 5-25-2011 at 02:01 PM

I've been digging:

galactic
Quantic
Trombone Shorty
Amos Lee
Stanton Moore

a bunch of groove and instrumental really. Good stuff, very chill

Voodoobillyman - 5-25-2011 at 02:01 PM

Oh and it's warm weather time so now alot of Jack Johnson is in rotation

Colin - 5-25-2011 at 02:09 PM

I'm giving the new Social D it's 3rd listen right now, I like it allright. I found the last several albums to be 90% boring, with a few great songs in between. I'm glad they changed it up a bit on this one.

CR83 - 5-25-2011 at 10:09 PM

Harm's Way
Hope Con
Lionheart
Sam Hain Live Album

sentrand - 5-25-2011 at 10:18 PM

gaslight anthem

mattybar - 6-2-2011 at 07:00 AM

^
sounds great
can you recommend some albums?

panzerkreuzer - 6-2-2011 at 08:21 AM

i think thereīs only a very very limited demo ;)

Jason the Magnificent - 6-2-2011 at 08:49 AM

I think that's the list of songs on the last Insect Warfare 7"

Voodoobillyman - 6-2-2011 at 10:56 AM

Nick 13 (Tiger Army frontman) is releasing a solo country styled album on the 7th I believe. I really like TA and am looking foward to this as the "country" styled stuff they do as a group is always really good.

JawnDiablo - 6-2-2011 at 10:10 PM

High on Fire...still

sentrand - 6-2-2011 at 11:05 PM

volbeat last few days.

MattyA - 6-3-2011 at 08:53 AM

Rancid yesterday, mainly because of the weather. Rancid goes well with nice weather.

Colin - 6-3-2011 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Rancid yesterday, mainly because of the weather. Rancid goes well with nice weather.
Life Won't Wait has been frequented a lot on my headphones as well, due to the weather....that & listening to the Slackers every morning when I wake up

Colin - 6-3-2011 at 11:24 AM

& Rancid always goes well with riding busses......

wez138 - 6-4-2011 at 08:15 PM

Naked raygun-jettison/understand
The Bomb-Speed is everything
Skrewdriver-All skrewed up
The lovely lads-The best you've got

Six66Mike - 6-4-2011 at 10:23 PM

Still playing lots of Propagandhi and Stretch Arm Strong along with:

The Killjoys
Twinfold
Kim Mitchell
Fahrenheit 451
By The Grace of God
David Wilcox
Tripping Daisy
The Doughboys
Screeching Weasel
Make Ones Way
Bloodjinn

clevohardcore - 6-5-2011 at 03:08 PM

DRI
CLUTCH
DANZIG

joey - 6-5-2011 at 06:24 PM

Darkside NYC
Dayglo Abortions

Mark Lind - 6-5-2011 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
Quote:
Life Won't Wait has been frequented a lot on my headphones as well, due to the weather....that & listening to the Slackers every morning when I wake up

That album is nearly perfect in every way.

morgan - 6-5-2011 at 11:22 PM

The Gaslight Anthem
Lucero
The Specials
Pulling Teeth

clevohardcore - 6-11-2011 at 06:07 PM

Hall and Oates

sentrand - 6-13-2011 at 01:22 AM

the brave ones

mattybar - 6-13-2011 at 05:17 AM

Eagle Twin

Discipline - 6-13-2011 at 12:36 PM

The past couple of days have been all about TMF. Been a little while since I played any of their albums. Every release they have is awesome.

Colin - 6-17-2011 at 05:55 PM

the new Fucked Up album

clevohardcore - 6-17-2011 at 06:00 PM

DAVID LEE ROTH - EAT 'EM AND SMILE

SS76 - 6-17-2011 at 08:17 PM

The new Morbid Angel. Fuck what the rest of the world thinks.

tireironsaint - 6-18-2011 at 09:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Blackout Colin  
the new Fucked Up album
Amazing record. I don't think I've ever actually owned a "rock opera" record before, but this thing is brilliant.

Colin - 6-19-2011 at 12:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tireironsaint  
the new Fucked Up album
Amazing record. I don't think I've ever actually owned a "rock opera" record before, but this thing is brilliant.
I gotta get a copy so I can really sit down & listen to the whole thing over & over & read the acts, but we've been listening to it on the internet for now. My friend Mike's a big fan, he called me up just to make sure I knew about it, he was so amazed

panzerkreuzer - 6-19-2011 at 12:55 PM

the new Fucked Up album

try their "hidden world" record too. i think itīs even better.

@topic, iīm listening to the new knucklehead record a lot the last days. brilliant streetpunk from canada.

Colin - 6-19-2011 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by panzerkreuzer  
the new Fucked Up album

try their "hidden world" record too. i think itīs even better.

@topic, iīm listening to the new knucklehead record a lot the last days. brilliant streetpunk from canada.
that's a great one.....I've got that, Chemistry Of Common Life, & Epics in Minutes. One of the best bands to come out of hardcore/hardcore influence in a long time in my opinion. They cut through the redundant boring shit that was being recycled & actually progressed the music in a positive way, unlike a lot of the "post hardcore" crap

tireironsaint - 6-19-2011 at 02:17 PM

Yeah, aside from a couple of super obscure, mega limited collector fiend releases I've got all of the stuff from Fucked Up, including most of the super obscure, mega limited collector fiend releases. They definitely cater to my collector mentality and feed my addiction. Like Colin said, they take the Hardcore influence in a worthwhile direction. They make me think of the direction Poison Idea was going in before Pig Champion died, but taken a LOT further down that road. Even the vocal style is reminiscent of Poison Idea, as are the well thought out, intelligent lyrics.

tireironsaint - 6-19-2011 at 02:19 PM

Oh, and I meant to mention that I think Hidden World is still my favorite album from Fucked Up, it definitely has most of my favorite songs of theirs all in one place.

panzerkreuzer - 6-23-2011 at 12:41 PM

noi!se, the whole day today. awesome streetpunk

vince - 6-23-2011 at 01:12 PM

Agitator - http://stereokiller.com/agitator
Heavy, negative straight edge from the Philly area.

Glad to see Lifeless listed on here. I put out their LP a few months ago.

MikeFromInhuman - 6-24-2011 at 12:48 AM

DANZIG
ELVIS
DARKTHRONE
YOUTH OF TODAY
STRAIGHT AHEAD
ANGELCORPSE
IMPALED NAZARENE
LEONARD COHEN

Six66Mike - 6-24-2011 at 03:29 AM

Been listening to Handsome and In Time (Toronto hardcore band) lately.

Plus some killer guitar stuff. Ewan Dobson, Antoine Dufour & Steffen Schackinger. Fucking great players.

Colin - 6-24-2011 at 03:48 AM

Easy Action, Tex & The Horseheads, Iggy pop & James Williamson, Adolescents, & Curtis Mayfield tonight

Mark Lind - 6-24-2011 at 07:46 AM

I pretty listen to Alice in Chains all the time. Or Guns N' Roses. I know that makes me uncool but I am what I am.

Except right now..... right now I'm listening to Pantera.

Six66Mike - 6-24-2011 at 08:18 AM

I had Alice in Chains in my playlist for ages then haven't bothered adding them in the latest.

Canadian rock in the 90's was awesome, got a bunch of that going.

Mark Lind - 6-24-2011 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  

Canadian rock in the 90's was awesome, got a bunch of that going.

Any recommendations?

Six66Mike - 6-24-2011 at 10:19 AM

Headstones (Picture of Health is a great album)
The Killjoys (Rave & Drool, Today I Hate Everyone two top songs)
Northern Pikes (Snow In June is a great album. She Ain't Pretty was their big hit)
Kim Mitchell (Go For A Soda, I Am A Wild Party, Patio Lanterns are all good tracks)
Doughboys (Shine was their best song)
Ashley MacIsaac (has a lot of cool tracks, Devil In The Kitchen and Sleepy Maggie were his big singles, Brenda Stubbert is my favourite, it has a wicked beat)
Jar. (Knott-Skull is a solid album, they opened for SNFU on tour and I bought the CD, they went on to be Flybanger for a while)
The Tea Party (Save Me & River are my favourite, both off Splendor Solis. They played at my high school when I was in grade 10 I think, I skipped it)

Others:

Treble Charger
Limblifter
Moxy Fruvous
Moist
Sloan
The Gandharvas (The First Day of Spring was a good song, there's a mellow version and a rockier version)
Odds
I Mother Earth (Rain Will Fall)
Our Lady Peace (Naveed and Starseed kicked this band off)

I had a ton of links one night on my facebook but I went back to April and couldn't find them all.

Mark Lind - 6-24-2011 at 10:45 AM

I saw Sloan live once and I really didn't like them. But I'll check out some of those others. Thanks!

joey - 6-24-2011 at 10:19 PM

Chosen Ones
Bulldog Courage - broken heroes..
Hammer and The Nails

MattyA - 6-24-2011 at 11:42 PM

Got the new Booze & Glory CD the other day, great stuff. Also been listening to the Have Nots, Pug Uglies, Evil Conduct, and the Yellow Stitches a lot.

Six66Mike - 6-25-2011 at 05:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
I saw Sloan live once and I really didn't like them. But I'll check out some of those others. Thanks!

David Wilcox is older but he has some rad songs too. Bad Apple, Riverboat Fantasy, Hypnotizin' Boogie.

Discipline - 6-26-2011 at 12:34 PM

MDC and Bonecrusher have been getting a lot of playtime the last few days.

clevohardcore - 6-26-2011 at 04:09 PM

terror- one with the underdogs.

Six66Mike - 6-27-2011 at 12:25 AM

Steffen Shackinger. Check out this dude on YouTube if you like guitar.

JawnDiablo - 6-27-2011 at 01:56 AM

Murder. By death

I listened to all their stuff on the plane last week.

Colin - 6-27-2011 at 12:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MQ74  
Murder. By death

I listened to all their stuff on the plane last week.
saw them put on a pretty good show in my town last year.....

panzerkreuzer - 7-24-2011 at 08:42 AM

found out about hammerhead today. donīt know much about them, but the music is hard.
http://stereokiller.com/HammerheadNJ

MattyA - 7-24-2011 at 10:12 AM

Frank Turner's new album, guys music is great.

JawnDiablo - 7-24-2011 at 11:14 AM

Clutch
Monster Magnet
Rose Tattoo

joey - 7-24-2011 at 12:29 PM

10XWorse

Discipline - 7-24-2011 at 02:03 PM

Since posting that Fucked Up video I've been listening to them non-stop.

Vanilla Gorilla - 7-24-2011 at 08:06 PM

Brassknuckle Boys

clevohardcore - 7-24-2011 at 08:31 PM

10,000 maniacs- in my tribe
the smiths- hatful of hollow
municipal waste- art of partying
clutch- strange cousins from the west

panzerkreuzer - 8-9-2011 at 09:39 AM

donīt know why, but i love that jasta album. the song with zakk wylde is outstanding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqySH2Lb7Eo
zakkīs guitar is that heavy.