Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Workplace is making you fat?

CR83 - 5-26-2011 at 10:50 PM

Because BD sent me a picture of his standing office at home.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43180259/ns/health-diet_and_nutr...

JawnDiablo - 5-27-2011 at 06:10 AM

my workplace makes me fat.
always providing delicious sammiches I can not resist.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-27-2011 at 06:48 AM

mine does out of depression for the most part.

Dave - 5-27-2011 at 07:31 AM

yeah i sit all day at work, and i'm fat.......

BDx13 - 5-27-2011 at 10:37 AM

my stand up work station is a little ghetto, but it works pretty well. i put some random storage box (maybe 10" high) on top of an ironing board, then i put my laptop on top of that. it's the perfect height for typing, but the display is a little low. depending on what i'm doing, i probably stand for about two to three hours a day. the change of scenery helps keep me focused on work and my ass appreciates the break.

Furly - 5-27-2011 at 10:44 AM

I pretty much only work weekends, but I'm a receptionist at a nursing home so yeah, not a lot of activity there. Work on the property's I manage keep me moving somewhat... But defiantly not enough.

Dave - 5-27-2011 at 12:53 PM

I stand all day at my weekend job. on some nice hard tile floors.....great on the knees and back.

JawnDiablo - 5-28-2011 at 09:12 AM

I have a full on desk job now in a cube.
It is a hard adjustment being I always had jobs where I was either on my feet or on the move a lot of the time.
It's a step up financially, and a learning experience, but I am having to hit the gym harder now because I feel myself rotting.
Plus there is always food.
the owner is a big dude who loves to eat and buy us sammiches.
Hoagies, Zeps, damn.

Colin - 5-29-2011 at 11:56 AM

I cook shit like bacon wrapped jalepenos in a brewery where I get free beer....I'm not getting any bigger, but it definitely ain't helping me lose the 30 pounds I could do without....

jonnynewbreed - 5-30-2011 at 06:51 AM

I certainly weigh more now than when I was 21 but I've also got pretty sever Thyroid disease.

My workplace is pretty healthy as we're a small team of about 5 and we don't really eat junk food in the office. Last summer we played basketball on Friday afternoons. I also would like to implement staff block walks instead of staff meetings but haven't yet.

morgan - 6-5-2011 at 05:40 AM

I work one job where I have an office and work another job where I'm in a cubicle. First two jobs I've ever had that don't involve me being on my feet unless I was driving a tractor. I'm not going to lie, I miss changing 18-wheeler tires.

BDx13 - 9-22-2011 at 12:20 AM

another article from around the same time, but with much better info graphics!
http://lifehacker.com/5800720/the-sitting-is-killing-you-inf...

XHonusWagnerX - 9-22-2011 at 05:27 AM

I wanna print that graphic but it keeps coming out real small all on one page. How can I print it on seperate pages?

XnMeX - 9-22-2011 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX  
I wanna print that graphic but it keeps coming out real small all on one page. How can I print it on seperate pages?

Open it in Paint to print it and it will print on multiple pages.

XHonusWagnerX - 9-22-2011 at 10:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by XnMeX  
Quote: Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX  

Open it in Paint to print it and it will print on multiple pages.

thanks Monty... that kinda worked. I decided to use that PIXLR online photoshop thing and just make it all seperate pages.

Thorp Board comes through again!!

lifeisabitch - 9-22-2011 at 10:40 AM

Man I stand for 8+ hours a day, printing, and I am still not slender(fatter than I would like)

sippers - 9-23-2011 at 08:42 PM

Workplace is killing my back sitting in a cubicle for 60 hrs a week drafting.Thank god for the cooler weather so I can get out and skate again..