Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Country Guys

BKT - 6-1-2011 at 05:07 PM

Some of you might know that Nick 13 from Tiger Army has a solo album coming out on June 7th and its fucking killer. Fans of Tiger Army should love it and country fans I am sure will love it.

I did a review on Action Recon so check it out and get excited.

http://www.actionrecon.com/2011/06/nick-13-solo-album-the-re...

BKT.

Discipline - 6-1-2011 at 05:46 PM

Looking forward to checking it out.

tireironsaint - 6-1-2011 at 10:45 PM

He's got a great voice for sure, but I think I've sat out the last couple of Tiger Army records (if not more) because they just started sounding a bit too polished and radio friendly and lost my interest. Can't actually remember the last time I listened to the stuff I do have from them, now that I think of it. Actually, are they still going? I can't remember when I last heard a word about 'em.

I'm listening to the track posted in the review and it's pretty decent, but not blowing me away yet. I'll give the record a chance, but I'm not sold yet. It kinda reminds me of some of the records Chip Hanna has put out, and those are fucking GREAT. If you aren't familiar, Chip used to play drums for The U.S. Bombs and a few other Punk bands. He's released a few things both on his own and with the Berlin Three which includes members of Mad Sin. VERY authentic Country sounds in the Hank Senior and Louisiana Hayride style.

BDx13 - 6-1-2011 at 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
It kinda reminds me of some of the records Chip Hanna has put out, and those are fucking GREAT. If you aren't familiar, Chip used to play drums for The U.S. Bombs and a few other Punk bands. He's released a few things both on his own and with the Berlin Three which includes members of Mad Sin. VERY authentic Country sounds in the Hank Senior and Louisiana Hayride style.

http://www.chiphanna.com/
this is pretty great

Colin - 6-2-2011 at 10:56 AM

Chip Hanna is fuckin' great.....I'll definitely check out the Nick 13 album, at least a listen, Tiger Army is definitely pretty polished, but kind of always has been, & I still say I'd take them over the hordes of boring redundant prettyboy psycho/teeniebop groups that have sprung up in the last 5-10 years. I really hope that shit dies off....bands like Demented Are Go were supposed to scare people, not appeal to 13 year old chicks who jerk off to Mike Ness fantasies....uhhhhhhh......fuckin' Hot Topic

Voodoobillyman - 6-2-2011 at 11:09 AM

Really looking foward to hearing this

Discipline - 6-2-2011 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
He's got a great voice for sure, but I think I've sat out the last couple of Tiger Army records (if not more) because they just started sounding a bit too polished and radio friendly and lost my interest.

I agree that the last couple of albums were more polished sounding, but I loved them. I usually hate when a bands starts to sound more radio friendly, but in Tiger Army's case I don't really mind.

Voodoobillyman - 6-3-2011 at 10:03 AM

I just pre-ordered this on Itunes for 7.99. Very good deal for those who are interested in getting it.

BKT - 6-3-2011 at 11:39 AM

The album is so good and Nick has so much talent and dedication as a song writer. I will be doing an interview with him on Action Recon in a week or so. Will post it here when done.

BKT.