Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Google+

XnMeX - 7-8-2011 at 08:53 PM

A fellow internet nerd that shall not be mentioned sent me in invite. Anyone else on it?

If anyone wants an invite, let me know.

lifeisabitch - 7-8-2011 at 09:00 PM

sure hit me up

DAK - 7-8-2011 at 09:34 PM

yes

XHonusWagnerX - 7-8-2011 at 11:07 PM

ok... so I got the invite (Thanks Monty!!) and I set up a profile I guess, but what now?!?

lifeisabitch - 7-8-2011 at 11:23 PM

so send us bums some invites so we can play too

Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle - 7-9-2011 at 01:38 AM

What exactly is Google+? I guess I could "google" it :D

morgan - 7-9-2011 at 04:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle  
What exactly is Google+? I guess I could "google" it :D

Six66Mike - 7-9-2011 at 05:34 AM

I already posted this on facebook but i post a ton of shit so I'll share it here too.

Someone mentioned today it was just like facebook but without ads... Well, they have made it invite only to drive up activity on the site, as it works a treat on torrent sites. And it's Google... of course there will be ads once the initial hype wears off. That's their primary income, advertising revenue. Like the picture above, now they'll be able to make even more money as they develop a far more personal profile about each person.

Fuck it, I'm not touching this one at all. I don't use my Gmail for anything either, I just got it for GTalk to chat with a couple dudes.

XnMeX - 7-9-2011 at 07:26 AM

I don't get the paranoia... What Facebook odes and I am sure Google+ will do is gears ads towards you based off of what you post. Like, when I changed my status to "Engaged" all of a sudden my ads on facebook were "Got a honeymoon to plan?, click here" "Need tuxs?" "Limo services" etc. I still didn't click them so...

XnMeX - 7-9-2011 at 07:32 AM

I THINK I sent the invites right... For some reason the option I had last night that I used to send Honus one is gone but I think I found a way.

lifeisabitch - 7-9-2011 at 09:39 AM

I got mine
but I have little time to play with it
seems fast as fuck right now but once everyone in the world is on it will start to suck

DAK - 7-9-2011 at 11:49 AM

thanks

XnMeX - 7-9-2011 at 02:43 PM

No problem! If anyone elsewants in let me know! I don't know if there is any limit on invites.

Spoiler - 7-9-2011 at 03:52 PM

I'll take an invite please. nchellbilly@aol.com

Six66Mike - 7-10-2011 at 04:19 AM

This story made me laugh :D

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/07/10/google-runs-out-o...

XnMeX - 7-10-2011 at 07:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
This story made me laugh :D

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/07/10/google-runs-out-o...

That is pretty funny, but one of the comments on that site says it best... "you're risking bugs like this when you register up for a service in beta/trial. if you don't want to, then you can just wait till it's done and ready for public release rather than complaining like a little kid."

They warn you right when you sign up that bugs can / will occurr since it is in trials phase.

Six66Mike - 7-10-2011 at 08:32 AM

How they ran out of space in the first place is a bit of a mystery, every place I've worked at has low disk alerts that go off at like 75, 85, 90, 95 and 100% lol. Unless it shot from like 75-100 in a short period that's something that should have got picked up.

And I think Sony's SOE/PSN prove live sites in official release suffer failures too, as Facebook also continues to prove. It'll continue to be plagued with internal and external failures for years to come.