Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Shamrock N Roll Festival, Bangor, ME

Johnny_Whistle - 8-5-2011 at 02:51 PM

Anyone going to this? It's on 9/10, with Dropkick Murphy's, Stiff Little Fingers, Mahones, Chuck Ragan, and another band of dipshits called the Gobshites! I know there are other bands on the bill (Beantown Boozehounds, I think I'm looking at you...), and this wil be our second time in three months playing with SLF. I'm going to the Fenway show the night before, so this will be a DKM-filled weekend for me. Psyched!

Discipline - 8-5-2011 at 03:47 PM

Sounds like a great show. Have fun.

ChadBeantown - 8-5-2011 at 06:06 PM

We are indeed playing this show!!! Should be a great time.

BDx13 - 8-6-2011 at 10:48 AM

chad, send my your Boozehounds dates so I can spread em around!

ChadBeantown - 8-10-2011 at 05:00 PM

random - 8-10-2011 at 06:00 PM

So... they still have tickets for this? I'm still thinking about the 2000 Tons of TNT fest and would probably fly into NYC or Boston and take a bus from there. Boston seems like the better option since there's a show, I think, the next day (Monday) in Boston. I could probably be convinced to stick around a few more days to catch this if that's a possibility.

random - 8-10-2011 at 06:07 PM

Answered my own question. Tickets here for $37.51 (including service charges): https://ticketing.thecolisee.com/Online/default.asp

ChadBeantown - 8-11-2011 at 08:57 AM

We have tickets for $29 with no service fees. We also may be taking a party bus up from Boston.

bombidol - 8-11-2011 at 09:12 AM

Love to play this so they would have some actual Irish bands!

Johnny_Whistle - 8-11-2011 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bombidol  

Stiff Little Fingers isn't Irish?

BDx13 - 8-11-2011 at 11:49 AM

is it just me, or is this flyer missing some key information...like when and where?

ChadBeantown - 8-11-2011 at 01:19 PM

The flyer is just a generic flyer for the festival. There are like 10 or so shows all over the place.

Discipline - 8-11-2011 at 01:54 PM

It would suck if SLF and Street Dogs were playing at the same time.

Johnny_Whistle - 8-11-2011 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
It would suck if Beantown Boozehounds and The Gobshites were playing at the same time.

Fixed that for ya :P

ChadBeantown - 8-11-2011 at 03:53 PM

NICE!! We are actually playing back to back!! The Gobshites are on right after us. I will appoligize now for all the empty beers on stage!!:baddevil:

random - 8-11-2011 at 07:18 PM

Seems like I understood almost nothing when posting last night.

Dates:

Quote:

Dropkick Murphys Shamrock-N-Roll Festival 2011

September 8 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
September 9 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
September 10 - Bangor, ME - Bangor Waterfront
September 11 - Altamont, NY - Altamont Fairgrounds
September 12 - Pittsburgh, PA - Trib Total Media Amphitheatre
September 13 - Columbus, OH - LC Pavilion
September 15 - Portsmouth, VA - nTelos Wireless Pavilion
September 17 - Rochester, NY - Main Street Armory
September 18 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory Lot

Looks like only the two Boston shows are sold out. Think I was confused and thought that Bangor was in MA and not ME.

GavBE - 8-12-2011 at 06:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle  
Quote: Originally posted by bombidol  

Stiff Little Fingers isn't Irish?

SLF are from NI, but yeah. Would be great to play a festival like this. We've always been welcomed warmly whenever we've played in the states.

GavBE - 8-12-2011 at 06:07 AM

Also saw Street Dogs play here last week. Great live band, and their latest album is really fucking good.

BDx13 - 8-12-2011 at 10:37 AM

electric factory lot?
so outdoors, i assume?
any chance boozehounds or gobshites are playing philly?

JawnDiablo - 8-12-2011 at 10:39 AM

my birthday weekend no less.

ChadBeantown - 8-12-2011 at 11:12 AM

It's a possibility!!

Johnny_Whistle - 8-12-2011 at 12:46 PM

No idea about anything besides Bangor. I'll be at the Fenway show on the 9th, however.

ChadBeantown - 9-7-2011 at 10:52 AM

The Bangor show is this Saturday!!! They have also added another show on September 16th. It is at Whiskey Republic in RI. This one will be really good since it is very small. Also, the Street Dogs are playing at McGreevy's tonight. If you are not familiar with it, McGreevy's is a really small bar in Boston (owned by Ken Casey). Here is a link: http://www.mcgreevysboston.com/

Johnny_Whistle - 9-7-2011 at 11:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ChadBeantown  
The Bangor show is this Saturday!!!

clevohardcore - 9-7-2011 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by GavBE  
Also saw Street Dogs play here last week. Great live band, and their latest album is really fucking good.

^^^^^ Ya the album is great.

Johnny_Whistle - 9-13-2011 at 12:42 AM

I have to say, this fest was a blast. We didn't have the best set, but hanging out in the field with Chad and the other Boozehounds, as well as the O'Toole's and the Pubcrawlers was a ton of fun (And I think a bill with the four of us would be pretty damn great. We need to start working on that). And seeing Stiff Little Fingers was one of my highlights of the year so far.

I don't know if anyone here is going to any of the other shows, but I was totally strapped for cash and couldn't get an SLF shirt, so if someone wants to pick up a size large for me, I'd be happy to Paypal you the money for it.

Good seeing you Chad!

ChadBeantown - 9-13-2011 at 07:41 AM

I had a great time!! We should definitely work on that show (Gobshites, Boozehounds, Pubcrawlers, O'Tooles). There are a lot of great pictures getting put up on Facebook. I think my highlight was when we finished our set and this guy from California (who was loaded) came over to talk to us. He was very excited to meet us and then said " You guys are so awesome, you sound just like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers". Nothing against them but I don't see ANY comparison at all. It was a really good time over all and we sold a ton of merch!! The ride all the way back to Boston on Sunday, Not so fun!!

Johnny_Whistle - 9-13-2011 at 10:49 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers? Huh, alright then. I tried once to get Pete to use the tagline "If you cover your ears and squint, it's almost like watching Celtic Thunder."

We didn't even bring merch for the show. The whole 70/30 thing kind of stuck in our craw a bit. There were one or two other behind the scenes things that bothered us about the fest, but as an event it was great.

ChadBeantown - 9-13-2011 at 11:05 AM

We are kind of lucky as far as merch goes. I make all of our shirts so we sell them at our shows for $7. So for the fest we made them $10 and still got the $7!! I was pretty happy with how everything ran (except maby our set time getting switch from the time sent out the night before).