Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Making a Scene (NYHC) book

XHonusWagnerX - 8-24-2011 at 12:07 PM

PRE-ORDERS ARE UP NOW
www.makingascenebook.com

Originally released in 1989 with a scant 79 photos and under 100 pages; this expanded edition brings over 200 photographs as well as reflections from key characters documenting a special time period in one of the most notorious hardcore music scene in the country.

Making a Scene - New York Hardcore in Photos, Lyrics and Commentary Revisited 1985-1988 captures the energy of the New York hardcore music scene in photographs, lyrics, and comments from those involved in their music, their attitudes, and their lifestyle.

Hardcore is a way of life for thousands of band members and fans all over the world. Here, New York City's hardcore movement is represented in all of its outspoken, opinionated, and often contradictory variety. Participants are shown with friends, spouses, even children, performing, dancing, and hanging out. They also explain in their own words and lyrics to songs what they think hardcore is all about.

From moments of quiet intimacy to the controlled mayhem of live shows, Making a Scene documents in a unique way this flourishing and often misunderstood underground style.

Bri Hurley's photographs have appeared in the Village Voice, Jersey Beat, Teen Punk, and Maximum Rock 'n' Roll. She has also shot album covers and promotional photos for many of New York's hardcore bands.

Forward by Freddy Madball

Jason the Magnificent - 8-24-2011 at 12:37 PM

that was a great little book. glad to see it's getting souped up.

JawnDiablo - 8-24-2011 at 12:43 PM

sounds cool.

Johnny_Whistle - 8-24-2011 at 01:48 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the original somewhere in my spare room. I'll be interested to see the contrast between the two.

tireironsaint - 8-27-2011 at 09:12 PM

Still got the original, I'm curious to see what they do with this edition.