Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Anyone use prepaid Credit Cards ever?

Jason the Magnificent - 12-1-2011 at 04:50 PM

Got an AmEx one as a gift at work and curious if there's a way to withdraw the full amount w/o losing anything to fees.

XHonusWagnerX - 12-1-2011 at 09:12 PM

I had a couple that were from rebates on stuff and there were some odd fees with it. Like once you charged one thing there was a $3 a month fee until you used the rest of it. Somehow I ended up with one that had a negative balance on it so I just trashed it.

They can be great, but just be careful of stuff like that.

Vanilla Gorilla - 12-1-2011 at 09:21 PM

I have a couple but I never really use them. the one i do use is through my bank and if I use one thats the one becuse i can just transfer the funds from bank account and pay it off before they get an interest payments.

Jason the Magnificent - 12-2-2011 at 06:49 PM

Yeah I got one for a gift at work (15 years service...christ I'm getting old) and while it's nice...and better than a bonus check with taxes taken out...I also would rather just take the money off and pay a bill. I suppose using it for groceries or something serves the same purpose to a degree...just seems dragged out.

and Honus I also heard about the fees.

Mickey - 12-2-2011 at 09:20 PM

Could you use it at a redbox for movies or video games and just not bring them back?