Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

death by stereo

clevohardcore - 1-24-2012 at 12:23 AM

Yep, digging them. I am turning the coin on what I disliked as a 20 something. I never would have imagined I'd be into AFI, CLUTCH, death by stereo, rise against. Weird.

MattyA - 1-24-2012 at 12:31 AM

Wish AFI would go back to their punk ways instead of the emo stuff they have been doing their last few albums. Death by Stereo are pretty good, haven't listened to them in a long time though. Never could get into Clutch or Rise Against.

clevohardcore - 1-24-2012 at 01:55 AM

Early AFI is where its at with that band.

Colin - 1-24-2012 at 11:44 AM

saw DBS with Kill Your Idols & Good Riddance in '02, good show, singer was a nice guy. One of the roommates (I believe he was at the show too) has been jamming them again recently. I always liked the Lost Boys reference

clevohardcore - 1-24-2012 at 02:21 PM

Never saw The Lost Boys. When it was big all the chicks liked it so I dissed it. To this day I still haven't watched it.

MattyA - 1-24-2012 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Never saw The Lost Boys. When it was big all the chicks liked it so I dissed it. To this day I still haven't watched it.
Great movie, your missing out.

MattyA - 1-24-2012 at 02:28 PM

Saw dbs with afi back in the early 2000's, really good show.

clevohardcore - 1-24-2012 at 02:51 PM

Maybe I'll Netflix it this weekend.

moron - 2-4-2012 at 12:54 AM

I love the first Death by Stereo album alot. I bought their next 2, but never got into them as much as the first. I saw them a few times. The last time was when they opened for Mastodon of all bands in 2005. Nobody watched them.

clevohardcore - 2-4-2012 at 02:34 AM

Fletcher from Pennywise is releasing the new DBS cd. I guess in a couple months. Supposedly he started a label. The statement was in so many words that the new cd will be more like the first one. More punk/hardcore and less metal. In my opinion they got a style all there own and it is combining metal and hardcore and tinge of punk. The entire catalog is like that so whatever. I'll check it out.

clevohardcore - 2-5-2012 at 02:10 AM

Finally saw it. I'll chalk this up to another thing I ignored out of ignorance. Ya, this flick is really good and I see what everyone already knew. Good movie. I'm still not going to watch Titanic.