Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Kirk Cameron

Pages:  1  2

Discipline - 4-13-2012 at 10:21 AM

Apparently he made a bunch of anti-gay statements. Here's a brilliant response.

CCOKC - Child Celebrities Opposing Kirk Cameron - watch more funny videos

clevohardcore - 4-13-2012 at 10:35 AM

Na dude, I saw the interview and he was not saying anything your assuming. Dude was stating his opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. Just as you and I have opinions, so does he. You may not agree with it, but dude has that right.

Watch the whole thing, its not as bad as people assume. You can't fault a guy for his intentions on raising his kids in a positive environment. He is entitled to that.

SS76 - 4-13-2012 at 10:50 AM

Odd that his best friend's name was Boner.....

clevohardcore - 4-13-2012 at 12:37 PM

On a tv show, in real life Boner became a junkie and committed suicide.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/boner_found_dead_in...

BKT - 4-13-2012 at 01:09 PM

Fuck him. People who think marriage was defined by their imaginary friend in a magic garden don't deserve to have opinions.

BKT.

SS76 - 4-13-2012 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BKT  
Fuck him. People who think marriage was defined by their imaginary friend in a magic garden don't deserve to SHARE opinions.

BKT.

Discipline - 4-13-2012 at 01:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SS76  
Fuck him. People who think marriage was defined by their imaginary friend in a magic garden don't deserve to SHARE opinions.

BKT.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-13-2012 at 02:56 PM

Damn, Clevo is like a Kirk-Cameron-ologist.

One time I saw a video of that dude and some crazy preacher guy talking about how you can prove how god exists by the shape of bananas...because they're shaped to fit the hand, have a "handy" peel, point towards the mouth etc etc..

Too bad no one was there to ask what happened with the apple.

DaveMoral - 4-13-2012 at 05:28 PM

Fuck him. People who think marriage was defined by their imaginary friend in a magic garden don't deserve to have opinions.

BKT.

:rolleyes:

clevohardcore - 4-13-2012 at 06:30 PM

Not a Kirk Cameron expert, but some one who understands that today it is acceptable and cool to dislike someone because of a religious belief. Even more super cool to follow someone who claims an anti-religion stance. Not a single one of us are 100% that religion real of fantasy. You may think, but you are not 100% confident. Ya, Slayer is cool, but they don't have your back when your knee deep in guilt and you need.

So ya, I feel the need to defend this dude on his religious freedom because it annoys the piss out of me that you must bend over backwards to accommodate the anti-religious persons, or someone worshiping Buddha or Allah. Fuck you for not respecting someone else point of view.

SS76 - 4-13-2012 at 07:16 PM

Fuck his point of view. Guaranteed he wouldn't respect the views of a skin or a hardcore fan.

moron - 4-13-2012 at 07:20 PM

Dude said homosexuality is destructive to society. He might have said it in an even tone and he wasn't slamming his fist on the table, but he still said it and we can criticize him for saying it. I think everyone is giving him shit not because he's a Christian, but that he's essentially calling a whole group of people evil. Yes, his opinion was shaped by an interpretation of something written in the Bible, but not all Christians believe homosexuality is a sin. This is something he chose to believe.

He can believe anything he wants to, but when you put an opinion out there like that then you're bound to piss some people off. I just wish that Piers had stopped interrupting him so maybe we could get some insight into how he thinks homosexuals will ruin our society.

SS76 - 4-13-2012 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by moron  
Dude said homosexuality is destructive to society.

Fuck him. We're about Revenge On Society.:lol: Wild Turkey 101 in effect.

clevohardcore - 4-13-2012 at 08:49 PM

Piers asked him about how he chooses to raise his kids and if he would be alright with homosexuality being an issue. Dude said he doesn't agree with it. Said its wrong. It's his moral ideal and he is entitled to it.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-13-2012 at 09:58 PM

I wish I had a magic garden.

JawnDiablo - 4-14-2012 at 08:26 AM

by even talking about this dope, people give him more attention than he ever deserved.
I mean who cares what Kirk Cameron, has been has to say

JawnDiablo - 4-14-2012 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Na dude, I saw the interview and he was not saying anything your assuming. Dude was stating his opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. Just as you and I have opinions, so does he. You may not agree with it, but dude has that right.

Watch the whole thing, its not as bad as people assume. You can't fault a guy for his intentions on raising his kids in a positive environment. He is entitled to that.

looked like he was getting a little angry that the talk show guy was even questioning him, typical.

Johnny_Whistle - 4-14-2012 at 11:41 AM

But freedom of speech goes both ways. No one in that video said he shouldn't have the right to speak. He can believe it all he wants, but believing it doesn't make it true and they called him out on it and challenged him to back up his claims.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-14-2012 at 11:57 AM

Can't wait for Webster to come out in an interview and say he hates dogs so everyone in the media can get upset and act like his opinions are relevant. Maybe even The daughter from Wonder Years can have an opinion on foreign oil.

JawnDiablo - 4-14-2012 at 12:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
Can't wait for Webster to come out in an interview and say he hates dogs so everyone in the media can get upset and act like his opinions are relevant. Maybe even The daughter from Wonder Years can have an opinion on foreign oil.

:thumbup:

DaveMoral - 4-14-2012 at 02:51 PM

I'd be inclined to listen to some opinions that Winny had... she's like a math genius or something.

DaveMoral - 4-14-2012 at 02:55 PM

Not a Kirk Cameron expert, but some one who understands that today it is acceptable and cool to dislike someone because of a religious belief. Even more super cool to follow someone who claims an anti-religion stance. Not a single one of us are 100% that religion real of fantasy. You may think, but you are not 100% confident. Ya, Slayer is cool, but they don't have your back when your knee deep in guilt and you need.

So ya, I feel the need to defend this dude on his religious freedom because it annoys the piss out of me that you must bend over backwards to accommodate the anti-religious persons, or someone worshiping Buddha or Allah. Fuck you for not respecting someone else point of view.

Since when do people bend over backwards to accommodate my religion dude? Last I checked we are the most maligned religious community in this country. Daily, all over the news. We are the last group it's kosher to use hate speech towards. We are getting the same kind of shit said about us that anti-Semitic Europeans have been saying about Jews for a 1500 years or more.

FYI, "Allah" means "the God" in Arabic. Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use it and have for centuries before the emergence of Islam.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-14-2012 at 03:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  

I'd be inclined to listen to some opinions that Winny had... she's like a math genius or something.

lol...actually...I meant Fred Savages sister...Winny was a daughter I suppose...but did we ever see her parents? And yeah she has a book on some kind of math that makes my head explode.

clevohardcore - 4-14-2012 at 07:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle  
But freedom of speech goes both ways. No one in that video said he shouldn't have the right to speak. He can believe it all he wants, but believing it doesn't make it true and they called him out on it and challenged him to back up his claims.

^^^^ Which is exactly what he did and everyone is up in arms about his personal beliefs. It's pathetic.

clevohardcore - 4-14-2012 at 07:23 PM

Since when do people bend over backwards to accommodate my religion dude? Last I checked we are the most maligned religious community in this country. Daily, all over the news. We are the last group it's kosher to use hate speech towards. We are getting the same kind of shit said about us that anti-Semitic Europeans have been saying about Jews for a 1500 years or more.

FYI, "Allah" means "the God" in Arabic. Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use it and have for centuries before the emergence of Islam.

^^^^^^^ FYI, I quite aware of this, but far be it for me to start referring to God as Allah in the Catholic Church I worship in. Pretty sure things wouldn't be so "kosher". Besides, I have never condemned you for your choice of worship and I see in a previous post your dissing someone else for theirs. Kind of hypocritical bro.

I think Emmanuel Lewis is a Kung Fu expert or something like that. Not sure of his religious faith though.

clevohardcore - 4-14-2012 at 07:34 PM

Dude was asked to interview. He accepted. He didn't dance around the issues and answered them with his opinion. If you don't like it, fine, that's yours. Let the man be entitled to his. Can't fault the dude for not wavering to be on television. He didn't condemn anyone to death and his stance on homosexuality is not accepting it. Ask Dave Moral if Muslim faith is accepting of homosexuality? I have a very close friend who's father was a pastor at a United Church of Christ church in our area. In fact he married my wife and I. His congregation is very open to anyone gay and they even have allow clergy that may be gay. Is it right? I have no idea. I wont pass judgement. I think God would be accepting anyone who is truly faithful, but I do personally see the moral ideals of homosexuality as being wrong.

DaveMoral - 4-14-2012 at 09:04 PM

^^^^^^^ FYI, I quite aware of this, but far be it for me to start referring to God as Allah in the Catholic Church I worship in. Pretty sure things wouldn't be so "kosher". Besides, I have never condemned you for your choice of worship and I see in a previous post your dissing someone else for theirs. Kind of hypocritical bro.

I think Emmanuel Lewis is a Kung Fu expert or something like that. Not sure of his religious faith though.

Who did I diss for their choice of religion?

Discipline - 4-14-2012 at 11:32 PM

I think God would be accepting anyone who is truly faithful, but I do personally see the moral ideals of homosexuality as being wrong.

Please explain this for me.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-15-2012 at 09:51 AM

Most often you'll hear the you can't procreate excuse for that logic. In my opinion we need a whole lot less of that, you white people breed bratty kids like rabbits. Can't wait till the recession is over and people can afford condoms again.

I can see someone saying they think it's "gross" or something and having a personal gut opinion, but applying ones own morality to other situations kind of just adds to the already overwhelming hypocrisy and sheep mentality of group worship and organized religion. That whole judge not lest ye be judged thing has always been a tool of convenience.

moron - 4-15-2012 at 10:15 AM

I was waiting for Clevo to say he agreed with Kirk. I was wondering why he was defending him so adamantly.

clevohardcore - 4-15-2012 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
I think God would be accepting anyone who is truly faithful, but I do personally see the moral ideals of homosexuality as being wrong.

^^^^^ I personally do not see being gay as a good idea. Last I checked bumping someone in the ass doesn't allow for procreation. I see it as a perversion. I don't understand it. I am not gay. Do I fault others for it? No. I am not in the position and never will be to tell another what to do with there lives. I feel God will forgive this. Being gay and I mean really feeling gay and not some fly by night perverted fling must be tough. It must be difficult and complicated as a child to wrestle with the confusion and resentment some may have with it. As an adult it may bring challenges a straight person will never face.
Who am I to judge others? I'm just a douche bag who lives in Ohio.

clevohardcore - 4-15-2012 at 10:59 AM

BKT.

^^^^ I took this as a diss. It was more of a instigation I guess. Not a direct diss. My bad if it wasn't.

clevohardcore - 4-15-2012 at 11:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by moron  
I was waiting for Clevo to say he agreed with Kirk. I was wondering why he was defending him so adamantly.

^^^^ What I agree with is his right to decide how raise his family. It's amazing how many are telling him he is in the wrong. He doesn't feel being gay is good or whatever. So be it. Let Dude be himself.

clevohardcore - 4-15-2012 at 11:14 AM

Look this world is a mess on so many levels. Let someone choose how to worship if it brings them peace. If people start killing in the name of it then they need to stopped. If those in attendance are following a path to enlightenment and not harming one another, go ahead. Holding a prejudice of some form is in every facet of life. One religion disagrees with the other. Anti religious dissagree with them all. Communist dictators try to eliminate it from countries to gain strength. Other countries use it to empower them.

Look, I am not saying you or I are absolutely right. What I am stating is let this person decide how to live. To fault Let him for having faith in God is just wrong.

JawnDiablo - 4-15-2012 at 12:58 PM

I am going to choose to opt out of this here conversation as it is only going to make an ass of each other on an otherwise chill message board.......

DaveMoral - 4-15-2012 at 01:22 PM

BKT.

^^^^ I took this as a diss. It was more of a instigation I guess. Not a direct diss. My bad if it wasn't.

I was eye-rolling the notion that anyone who believes in God and takes their definition for marriage from the Holy Book don't deserve to have opinions on the matter. So, apparently, I don't deserve to have an opinion.

IMO, BKT is essentially saying anyone that has an opinion different than his doesn't deserve to have one. That's bullshit to me.

That said, I have yet to figure out just what I will say to my kids when this comes up... but as a Muslim I'm going to be clear that acting on homosexual urges is considered a sin in Islam. A sin as serious as fornication(sex outside marriage) or adultery. Kirk Cameron's religious morals give him that same conviction, and why the hell should he have to defend that to anyone? That said, I doubt Kirk takes it upon himself to treat people as subhuman if he believes their lifestyle or actions are immoral... but if he does, well, fuck him.

Personally, I think government should get the hell out of the business of marriage any way you define it. Marriage has been a religious institution for the better part of 2,000 years in the Western world, agreed upon and done under the auspices of the Church for the length of that time. As a civil union it flows out of that long tradition. As far as I'm concerned let the religious institutions concern themselves with marriage, and as individual bodies they can decide what marriages are and are not acceptable to them. Meanwhile, government can bother themselves with civil unions open to anyone that wants them and all the legal rights currently associated marriage are covered there-in.

Discipline - 4-15-2012 at 02:01 PM

Differing opinions aside, that response video still rules.

clevohardcore - 4-15-2012 at 02:18 PM

BKT.

I was eye-rolling the notion that anyone who believes in God and takes their definition for marriage from the Holy Book don't deserve to have opinions on the matter. So, apparently, I don't deserve to have an opinion.

IMO, BKT is essentially saying anyone that has an opinion different than his doesn't deserve to have one. That's bullshit to me.

That said, I have yet to figure out just what I will say to my kids when this comes up... but as a Muslim I'm going to be clear that acting on homosexual urges is considered a sin in Islam. A sin as serious as fornication(sex outside marriage) or adultery. Kirk Cameron's religious morals give him that same conviction, and why the hell should he have to defend that to anyone? That said, I doubt Kirk takes it upon himself to treat people as subhuman if he believes their lifestyle or actions are immoral... but if he does, well, fuck him.

Personally, I think government should get the hell out of the business of marriage any way you define it. Marriage has been a religious institution for the better part of 2,000 years in the Western world, agreed upon and done under the auspices of the Church for the length of that time. As a civil union it flows out of that long tradition. As far as I'm concerned let the religious institutions concern themselves with marriage, and as individual bodies they can decide what marriages are and are not acceptable to them. Meanwhile, government can bother themselves with civil unions open to anyone that wants them and all the legal rights currently associated marriage are covered there-in.

^^^^ I'm the jackass that thought you were siding with him on this with that emoticon. My bad.

JawnDiablo - 4-15-2012 at 03:17 PM

I blame it on the Jews......

DaveMoral - 4-15-2012 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

Blame what?

I suppose that follows... I mean, it's the Old Testament, the Tanakh, that is the root of Kirk Cameron's beliefs so you could do that, I suppose.

For real though, this thread is the sort of thing that in mixed company is usually a tinderbox. Kudos to us Thorp Warriors that refuse to let it be one here.

Six66Mike - 4-15-2012 at 08:40 PM

Amazing what controvery a guy who's done nothing in the public for something like 20 years can stir up haha.

I support everything clevo said though, who gives a shit. He was asked, he answered his opinion. Everyone has one, our own opinions on a lot of things are just as dumb as his on this one, but really who bloody cares.

DaveMoral - 4-15-2012 at 08:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
Amazing what controvery a guy who's done nothing in the public for something like 20 years can stir up haha.

I support everything clevo said though, who gives a shit. He was asked, he answered his opinion. Everyone has one, our own opinions on a lot of things are just as dumb as his on this one, but really who bloody cares.

Right, I mean... it take the same view on that as I do on anything I disagree with. So long as he's not hurting anyone, who cares?

Six66Mike - 4-16-2012 at 01:36 AM

You can disagree with some ancient child tv star but arguing about it on a forum ain't gonna do anything to change it.

He may however read it and open some form of dialogue if you try to talk to him directly.

https://www.facebook.com/therealkirkcameron
http://kirkcameron.com/#/contact-bio/contact

I've never seen much point bitching about the actions of individuals unless they were in a position to read and respond. I'll bitch about politics and government til I'm dead but this, meh.

clevohardcore - 4-16-2012 at 01:54 AM

That interview was from a while ago. Maybe a month or so. I forget, but it was all over talk radio like it was newsworthy. CNN used it to publicize/hype Piers Morgans show. It came and went because it was BS. Then it was brought up on here. I don't hate on anyone from THORP. I look to all you originals as a form of kinship. No matter you ideals.

JawnDiablo - 4-16-2012 at 06:14 AM

Blame what?

I suppose that follows... I mean, it's the Old Testament, the Tanakh, that is the root of Kirk Cameron's beliefs so you could do that, I suppose.

For real though, this thread is the sort of thing that in mixed company is usually a tinderbox. Kudos to us Thorp Warriors that refuse to let it be one here.

that's an old joke bud.....

JawnDiablo - 4-16-2012 at 06:15 AM

you guys never heard the sarcastic blame it on the jews line?
come on

XnMeX - 4-16-2012 at 11:26 AM

I have to jump in on this point because this idea does not get enough attention...

I have been saying this for too long. This is the ONLY thing that makes sense and I would like to hear anyone say why it doesn't.

Under government, have Civil Unions for ALL. Marriage would be defined as a religious-only ceremony / label and hold the same weight as baptism, christening, and what have you. Religions get to keep their marriage "clean" and EVERYONE gets the exact same rights under the eyes of the law.

How does this not work for everyone involved?

JawnDiablo - 4-16-2012 at 11:33 AM

it is fine with me being i have no religious hang ups.
Me and my fiance are getting married in a ceremony without any religious stuff, and I think I might be the first in my family history to do it this way.
My parents / her dad could care less.

hey to each their own right?
veryone has the right (in USA) to think and do what they want, and as long as they are not fucking witht he rights of others in doing so, then have a nice life.

As long as people don't go having sex with their pets, it's all fair game to me.......

clevohardcore - 4-17-2012 at 01:14 AM

*NOT BEING A DICK*

Just simply asking this question. Isn't marriage supposed to be a union between a man and woman before God? Just saying. If you don't believe in God, then why get married? I am not speaking about anyone on this board. In fact I got married in 2003, I wasn't sure of my beliefs at that point of my life. So I am one of those I am speaking about.
Thing is, if you really are that serious about not believing, then why get married? To appease the lady? To appease the man? To appease your image?

DaveMoral - 4-17-2012 at 07:20 AM

^Marriage preceded Christianity and the rest of the Abrahamic traditiins... and while for the most part it has been done under ceremonial conditions including(or revolving around really) God or gods or Heaven... it has become a civil institution in secular states. That said, the religious definitiin of marriage I think Civil Unions open to all should be the governemental component open to all. Church, mosque, synagogue, coven whatever can deal with marriage.

On that note, so long as government is getting its nose out of the business of marriage, that should decriminalize polygamy if that is the choice of the men and women involved.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-17-2012 at 12:21 PM

*NOT BEING A DICK*

Just simply asking this question. Isn't marriage supposed to be a union between a man and woman before God? Just saying. If you don't believe in God, then why get married? I am not speaking about anyone on this board. In fact I got married in 2003, I wasn't sure of my beliefs at that point of my life. So I am one of those I am speaking about.
Thing is, if you really are that serious about not believing, then why get married? To appease the lady? To appease the man? To appease your image?

how can something be solely about a union in gods eyes when it requires a license?

JawnDiablo - 4-17-2012 at 01:13 PM

different strokes for different folks and the only time you will hear the words 'jesus Christ" mentioned at my wedding is when I get the catering bill....

JawnDiablo - 4-17-2012 at 01:13 PM

but I am not looking to insult you guys, as I like you both a lot.

XnMeX - 4-17-2012 at 02:14 PM

*NOT BEING A DICK*

Tax breaks, joint medical insurance, and all the other benefits.

That is why I think everyone should just get civil unions in the eyes of the government and religious institutions can have "marriage" but it holds as much weight as baptism or a christening.

JawnDiablo - 4-17-2012 at 03:37 PM

would the church recognise the marriage of a Priest who wanted to marry an altar boy he sodomised?

clevohardcore - 4-17-2012 at 03:43 PM

different strokes for different folks and the only time you will hear the words 'jesus Christ" mentioned at my wedding is when I get the catering bill....

^^^^^^ *drum snare to hi-hat* :P

JawnDiablo - 4-17-2012 at 03:44 PM

And this is not a jab at you Clevo, as I was raised in an Irish Catholic household, but want nothing to do with it ever again, but how do the Catholic Church have the stones to publicly denounce and condemn the actions of consenting gay adults, yet defend, cover up and ignore it when their priests are raping alter boys? Shit here in Philly it just came out that they were high fiving each other in the seminary about how many preteen conquests they had and comparing which boys were better than the others.....

JawnDiablo - 4-17-2012 at 03:45 PM

I just looked at what I just typed and it disgusts me even more now

clevohardcore - 4-17-2012 at 03:47 PM

would the church recognise the marriage of a Priest who wanted to marry an altar boy he sodomised?

^^^^^^ Now come on bro. How many anti religious hilljack pieces of shit rape kids? It happens way more often. Never think for a second that I would defend a child rapist. Every single one of them should be shot dead. No matter what they do for an occupation.

clevohardcore - 4-17-2012 at 03:53 PM

Dude I fully agree that it is completely wrong. Everywhere you look are in every single group are bad people. That is what you call evil. Its everywhere. This is why some fight it with faith. Sometimes people get broken down by this evil to the point of no return, others persevere and fight it.

I get it Jawn. I know where your coming from and I hate that as much as the next guy, but I won't let some perverted piece of shit take away my faith.

BKT - 4-17-2012 at 04:00 PM

Good answer Clevo. I was wondering where you would go with the one. I am an atheist to the core, but I don't see all the horrible shit that has happened with children in the Catholic church as a reflection on Catholics. I do however see it as a reflection on the Church because there have been a great deal of cover ups and even the Pope himself has made serious light of the situation.

It is something that needs to be taken a lot more seriously and will remain a huge black eye on the Catholic church until it is.

All that being said, I agree that if you do have faith that it's not the type of thing that should take away from your faith.

BKT.

DaveMoral - 4-17-2012 at 04:16 PM

Good answer Clevo. I was wondering where you would go with the one. I am an atheist to the core, but I don't see all the horrible shit that has happened with children in the Catholic church as a reflection on Catholics. I do however see it as a reflection on the Church because there have been a great deal of cover ups and even the Pope himself has made serious light of the situation.

It is something that needs to be taken a lot more seriously and will remain a huge black eye on the Catholic church until it is.

All that being said, I agree that if you do have faith that it's not the type of thing that should take away from your faith.

BKT.

The sad truth of that shit is that it's obviously not limited to the Catholic Church and it happens anywhere that there's an exchange of power. Authority figures of any stripe, and in some cases it can seem kind of mundane by comparison. Yoga teachers that use their position to hook up with students disgusts me, though it's obviously not on the same level as boy toucher priests.

I've heard plenty of stories of martial arts instructors taking advantage of students of a range of ages. Boy touchers and little girl touchers and rapists included.

That shit needs a severe penalty, severe. Our penal system isn't nearly hard enough on those people... and often they are protected by the prison system because it is well known that if those guys go into General Population, it's over.

BKT - 4-17-2012 at 04:20 PM

BKT.

The sad truth of that shit is that it's obviously not limited to the Catholic Church and it happens anywhere that there's an exchange of power. Authority figures of any stripe, and in some cases it can seem kind of mundane by comparison. Yoga teachers that use their position to hook up with students disgusts me, though it's obviously not on the same level as boy toucher priests.

I've heard plenty of stories of martial arts instructors taking advantage of students of a range of ages. Boy touchers and little girl touchers and rapists included.

That shit needs a severe penalty, severe. Our penal system isn't nearly hard enough on those people... and often they are protected by the prison system because it is well known that if those guys go into General Population, it's over.

Agree with you 100%

BKT.

Discipline - 4-17-2012 at 05:23 PM

According to a lot of stories, when it comes to child abuse the Krishna's/ISKCON are some of the top offenders.

JawnDiablo - 4-17-2012 at 05:39 PM

what I wrote was no way directed at Clevo, his faith, or devout Catholics.
More so the church, the people running it, and how it is run.
the situation is rampant in this area, not sure if it is elsewhere.
that's all.
Don't take it as anything different.
Peace.

moron - 4-17-2012 at 07:18 PM

I just have to say that this is fucking hilarious!

DaveMoral - 4-17-2012 at 08:25 PM

According to a lot of stories, when it comes to child abuse the Krishna's/ISKCON are some of the top offenders.

Believe me, I know a guy that went ISKCON in the last couple years and I couldn't believe it. I know he knows JJ's stories about those crooks and more to the point, he ought to know some of their child abuse stories.

Murk - 4-22-2012 at 05:54 PM

if you think being gay is evil, pervasive or wrong then women and blacks having rights is just down the corner and who knows what else, eeeesh....

DaveMoral - 4-22-2012 at 08:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Murk  
if you think being gay is evil, pervasive or wrong then women and blacks having rights is just down the corner and who knows what else, eeeesh....

That sounds like a rather long stretch to me.

barc0debaby - 5-1-2012 at 09:12 PM

I think the real lesson to be learned from this discussion is that having the nickname "Boner" is an insurmountable burden. As Henry David Thoreau stated in Walden, "The twelve labors of Hercules where trifling in comparison with those which people named Boner have undertaken."

clevohardcore - 5-1-2012 at 11:05 PM

I'm going to ponder that that one while drinking this Yuengling. So is Thoreau saying that any name that carries with it, a connotation, can be too much to bear?

I figured the name Richard would be the most bad ass, but every Richard I ever new was not so bad ass.

Johnny_Whistle - 5-3-2012 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Murk  

That sounds like a rather long stretch to me.

Not really. The same bible used to denounce homosexuality also allows for the ownership of slaves and states pretty clearly that women who wear clothes made from two different threads should be stoned to death (not to mention what it has to say about wives being submissive to their husbands), among other things.

I've always been of the opinion that, if your faith gives you comfort and inspires you to do good, then who am I to put you down about it? But if the only reason you profess your religion is to feel superior to the heathens, then go fuck yourself, you're doing it wrong. And the only thing more annoying than someone proselytizing about their religion is someone who proselytizes about not having one.

None of this is directed at anyone here, by the way. Those of you with faith seem to be pretty chill about it, and those of you without don't tend to lord it over anyone who does (no pun intended :))

barc0debaby - 5-4-2012 at 11:06 PM

I'm going to ponder that that one while drinking this Yuengling. So is Thoreau saying that any name that carries with it, a connotation, can be too much to bear?

I figured the name Richard would be the most bad ass, but every Richard I ever new was not so bad ass.

Only Boners. There were three things Thoreau hated: slavery, taxes, and being nicknamed Boner.

Lucabrasi - 5-10-2012 at 07:24 AM

^^^^^ I personally do not see being gay as a good idea. Last I checked bumping someone in the ass doesn't allow for procreation. I see it as a perversion. I don't understand it. I am not gay. Do I fault others for it? No. I am not in the position and never will be to tell another what to do with there lives. I feel God will forgive this. Being gay and I mean really feeling gay and not some fly by night perverted fling must be tough. It must be difficult and complicated as a child to wrestle with the confusion and resentment some may have with it. As an adult it may bring challenges a straight person will never face.
Who am I to judge others? I'm just a douche bag who lives in Ohio.

Really Clevo? You think I'm a pervert because by no choice of my own I happen to be sexually attracted to men? I guess I thought you were smarter than that.

BKT - 5-10-2012 at 10:52 AM

Anyone that has any problem with homosexuality no matter what the reason can fuck off. Learn to mind your own business. And the ones that hide their ignorance and reasons behind religion are even worse. Stop using your fables and archaic garbage to put down others and discriminate. You think its a sin? Piss off. I think what you follow is a joke.

BKT.

DaveMoral - 5-10-2012 at 11:16 AM

And as far as I'm concerned you can keep that opinion to yourself.

JawnDiablo - 5-10-2012 at 11:33 AM

what are you guys having for lunch today?

**derailed**

Jason the Magnificent - 5-10-2012 at 12:28 PM

Quinoa.

DaveMoral - 5-10-2012 at 12:30 PM

Raw spinach, toasted almonds, raw carrots and some tofu. Warrior Diet for the win!

BDx13 - 5-10-2012 at 12:31 PM

man, we fuck up some quinoa in this house once a week.

Jason the Magnificent - 5-10-2012 at 01:09 PM

Yeah this is actually quinoa, red lentils and carrot ginger soup now that I'm eating it.

Jason the Magnificent - 5-10-2012 at 01:10 PM

and a banana for dessert. you know who created bananas right?

SS76 - 5-10-2012 at 01:20 PM

Jason the Magnificent - 5-10-2012 at 01:58 PM

Too bad "he" dropped the ball on every other piece of fruit on earth...1/1000 ain't bad odds though, better than Dunn's batting average last year.

random - 5-10-2012 at 02:49 PM

Like so many other things, the "true believers" saw the inherent wisdom and got it backwards.

The natural way to peel a banana is to start at the other end, like monkeys. Once you try it, you'll wonder how you could have been so stupid your entire life.

Instructions first, and then a video of the monkey doing it.

Quote: Originally posted by SS76  

SS76 - 5-10-2012 at 03:25 PM

I've never opened a banana that way. I'll try it. Here's a link to some biblical quotes from several "holy" books. Batshit crazy.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

DaveMoral - 5-10-2012 at 04:14 PM

Why anyone would use that website as some kind of scholarly research is beyond me. Just at a glance for what their notations are for Qur'anic verses I can tell you flies in the face of my education on the Qur'an.

Jason the Magnificent - 5-10-2012 at 04:23 PM

Someone needs to make a Kirk Cameron thread derailment meme.

JawnDiablo - 5-10-2012 at 05:26 PM

we have also been on a Quinoa. kick at my house.
fresh veggies over it.
dig it

DaveMoral - 5-11-2012 at 08:56 AM

I get this quinoa bread at Trader Joe's. Best shit ever.

SS76 - 5-11-2012 at 09:37 AM

I've been on a kick with coconut milk chocolate ice cream that I add a couple handfuls of dark chocolate roasted almonds. THE BEST.

Colin - 5-11-2012 at 10:24 AM

I found some week old leftover Subway in my fridge last night...speaking of Kirk C & Subway....

Jason the Magnificent - 5-11-2012 at 10:27 AM

I'm addicted to the Ezekiel bread and English muffins.

DaveMoral - 5-11-2012 at 11:10 AM

I hated Ezekiel the first time I had it 12 years ago. The only way I can stand it is toasted. I'm trying to cut back my bread consumption anyway... tis truly the fattening.

Jason the Magnificent - 5-11-2012 at 11:32 AM

I maybe have one serving of bread a day...if I do, I don't want anything w/ any processed texture at all. The Ezekial has a nice hearty/grainy texture and I toast everything anyway so non toasting isn't an issue. Plus it doesn't get stale, even in the fridge, anywhere near as quick as any other bread. It stays moist for a while and if it takes me 2 weeks to get through one package of bread that's pretty crucial.

DaveMoral - 5-11-2012 at 01:06 PM

Ezekiel moist? I always considered it sandpaper going in and out.

Jason the Magnificent - 5-11-2012 at 01:11 PM

Hmm, this is from 12 years ago still? You must be scarred lol.

Never had any problems with it... flour-less bread is obviously going to be a bit "rougher"...but that's kind of the point.

JawnDiablo - 5-11-2012 at 02:34 PM

ha so do we!

Jason the Magnificent - 5-11-2012 at 02:41 PM

Bread talk. Shit is getting real.

Discipline - 5-11-2012 at 04:59 PM

I love bread too much to give it up, and I don't go for the healthy kind. Gimme some good old fashioned white bread.
 Pages:  1  2