Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Would you eat a bacon sundae?

BDx13 - 6-12-2012 at 05:05 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/burger-king-bacon...

The world's second biggest hamburger chain on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae - vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon - that started in Nashville, Tenn. earlier this year.

The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

The limited-time items are Burger King's latest push to win back customers with a revived menu and reverse sliding market share, an effort that started soon after the company was taken private by the private equity firm 3G Capital in late 2010.

JawnDiablo - 6-12-2012 at 05:27 PM

hell yeah dude, you best beleive I would!
but not from friggin BK!

in fact, BD, there is a milkshake at the Front Street Fountain in Media PA that My girl's brother invented called the Elvis consisting of Vanilla Ice Cream, Bananas, Peanut Butter and BACON

http://www.frontstreetfountain.com/menu.asp

not to mention burgers with scrapple on them

DAK - 6-12-2012 at 05:28 PM

yes

clevohardcore - 6-12-2012 at 06:14 PM

This bacon bullshit is getting dumb. I know several people that are posting about bacon all the fucking time on FB. Then when you run into them its all about bacon when you talk to them. It's fucking pork, a pig, its food. Chill the fuck out. I'm not impressed that you like bacon or that your idea of heaven is a bacon flavored cloud that seats 998 billion people. Of course this is not directed at you BD. Finding a new recipe? Cool, but those douche bags who act like bacon is the be all end all is for the birds. O and I would try it.

JawnDiablo - 6-12-2012 at 07:11 PM

dude, bacon is pretty great, always has been

Dennis Mc - 6-12-2012 at 07:32 PM

Jack in the box had a bacon milkshake available a few months ago. I got one at 3 in the morning once and felt like I was having a heart attack. I think I'll pass on this one.

Six66Mike - 6-12-2012 at 07:48 PM

fuck bacon

:thumbdown:

MattyA - 6-12-2012 at 08:58 PM

Yes! Then have a heart attack afterwards!

sentrand - 6-12-2012 at 09:43 PM

Yes I would!!!!!!! Mmmmmmm . Even though I DONT need it!!!!

Jason the Magnificent - 6-12-2012 at 09:44 PM

Wait there's a "bacon crowd" now? I've never heard of these bacon talking people.

I would try a real sundae w/ bacon...but I'll pass on the corn syrup ice cream, with corn syrup fudge and factory processed bacon version of that potentially delicious combination.

Six66Mike - 6-12-2012 at 10:40 PM

the internet is obsessed with bacon and bacon humour.

Discipline - 6-12-2012 at 11:58 PM

I love bacon with every fiber of my being, but I have no interest in trying bacon sundaes, chocolate-covered bacon, or any of the other ridiculous "bacon-enhanced" foods I've heard about.

barc0debaby - 6-13-2012 at 10:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
fuck bacon

:thumbdown:

clevohardcore - 6-13-2012 at 10:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
the internet is obsessed with bacon and bacon humour.

morgan - 6-13-2012 at 01:16 PM

If somebody I knew made one I would try a bite of it but I don't think I could ever bring myself to order something like that. Especially not from burger king.

Mickey - 6-13-2012 at 02:20 PM

I'm a big fan of bacon. This sounds good in theory, but I don't think I could put one down.

sentrand - 6-13-2012 at 03:52 PM

might just have to make one myself

BDx13 - 6-13-2012 at 08:40 PM

i'm not down with hipster bacon fans, but i do love me some bacon.
i'd try it, but i'd rather try my own.
i can't imagine the real thing looking particularly appetizing.

JawnDiablo - 6-14-2012 at 10:50 AM

Lately I have been enjoying Beef Jerky.
The Amish in Reading Terminal have a killer peppered Jerky.

Colin - 6-14-2012 at 09:03 PM

fuck yeah....a friend of mine worked at some fancy bistro & hooked me up with some dessert special that was vanilla ice cream topped with crispy bacon, it was amazing

moron - 6-16-2012 at 10:25 AM

I'd try it. I'm not obsessed with bacon, but I did make some bacon infused vodka because I saw it on tv and wanted to try it. It came out ok. Nothing spectacular.

sentrand - 6-16-2012 at 12:13 PM

I saw bacon vodka, have not tried it tho. I did try peanut butter vodka. Nasty!!!

JawnDiablo - 6-16-2012 at 01:07 PM

there is also bacon beer, but i refused it

Jason the Magnificent - 6-16-2012 at 08:59 PM

An actual bacon beer or just a smoked beer?

JawnDiablo - 6-17-2012 at 09:43 AM

well he referred to it as bacon beer, but he has mentioned rausch beer.
I'll have to ask him, then I will share a link

Johnny_Whistle - 6-17-2012 at 10:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
chocolate-covered bacon

Chocolate-covered bacon is actually pretty awesome. I understand the reluctance, but just try it. Trust me.

BDx13 - 6-17-2012 at 11:12 AM

i don't think of rausch beer as bacon beer. it's smokey (and delicious), but far off from bacon in my book. unlike some scotches which are SO smokey the are almost like drinking bacon!

the bacon infused vodka might be good for bloody marys.

Colin - 6-17-2012 at 02:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
Rogue did the Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale last month

JawnDiablo - 6-17-2012 at 02:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
i don't think of rausch beer as bacon beer. it's smokey (and delicious), but far off from bacon in my book. unlike some scotches which are SO smokey the are almost like drinking bacon!

the bacon infused vodka might be good for bloody marys.

left hand makes a great smoked porter.

bacon vodka bloody mary? a genius you are!

Jason the Magnificent - 6-17-2012 at 03:57 PM

Yeah I love me some smoked beer. New Holland has a killer smoked rye called Charkoota. The German place by me gets all kinds of rate smoked stuff around lent.

random - 6-17-2012 at 05:58 PM

I don't know if it ever happened, but I found this short article about plans for a real bacon beer: http://gothamist.com/2009/08/12/bacon_beer_will_rule_them_al...

From the linked NYTimes article:

Quote:

It turns out that as well equipped as Mr. Oliver’s brewery is, it doesn’t have an actual stove, something he needed to cook up a batch of malt mash. It’s a special malt that was smoked in the same room with some of the bacon made by the legendary Allan Benton. “It’s almost terrifying how much the malt smells like bacon,” Mr. Oliver said.

He plans to brew about 15 gallons of barleywine with that malt. In the meantime, he’s been infusing a brown ale with the flavor of Benton’s bacon fat through a technique known as “fat washing.” (Nick Fauchald described the process in this profile of the bartender Eben Freeman.) Oh, and the bacon-fat-infused ale was also aged in bourbon barrels, because bourbon and bacon go together like, um, beer and bacon.

Eventually, the barleywine with the bacon-smoked malt and the bourbon-aged, bacon-fat-infused ale would be blended to create one monstrously bizarre beer.

“One of two things will happen,” Mr. Oliver predicted. “Either this will be the most amazingly disgusting thing you’ve ever tasted in your life. Or I shall rule the earth.”

I'm guessing most "bacon beer" is just a rauchbier smoked similarly to bacon (eg. maple).

For the bacon-infused vodka bloody mary, I swear I saw that on an episode of Drinking Made Easy, a show that a lot of you would dig.

morgan - 6-17-2012 at 08:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Colin  
Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
Rogue did the Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale last month

Don't think I would drink it all the time but I thought it was pretty good.

morgan - 6-17-2012 at 08:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle  
Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
chocolate-covered bacon

Chocolate-covered bacon is actually pretty awesome. I understand the reluctance, but just try it. Trust me.

Indeed.