Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

The Olympics. Does anyone care?

CR83 - 6-30-2012 at 10:52 PM

I have an 8 year old and she's into the Olympics. To me I have zero interest. Even with the winter games as I am a huge hockey fan, I can't even watch Olympic hockey since it is an NHL All Star game without hitting or fighting.

Does anyone dig the Olympics? If so, I would be curious what draws you in. Not to judge but just to understand.

Discipline - 6-30-2012 at 10:54 PM

Couldn't care less.

Six66Mike - 7-1-2012 at 12:46 AM

Discipline's avatar sums up my thoughts of the Olympics. Same with Commonwealth Games etc.

Queensland is nearly bankrupt, billions in debt, but the last government fought for and won the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

Fuck em, idiots.

BDx13 - 7-1-2012 at 06:05 AM

i'm more interested in winter olympics - skiing, snowboarding, bobsled and shit like that.

not even sure what all they do in the summer olympics. track and field...what else?

all that said, we'll probably watch at least some this year as we've seen many of the venues in person this summer.

MattyA - 7-1-2012 at 09:28 AM

I watch, but I am not glued to the TV the whole time. Watch events here and there.

Vanilla Gorilla - 7-1-2012 at 10:25 AM

I watch it but i feel like i always miss the stuff i want to see like the field events and the weight lifting. The sprinting is fun to watch, it's amazing to me how fast they are.

JawnDiablo - 7-1-2012 at 10:43 AM

whats that sport where they push the hockey puck thing and some dope gets in front of it with a spray bottle and squeegee and tries to make it go further?
that is pure gold........no I'm kidding.....

DaveMoral - 7-1-2012 at 11:46 AM

I think I'll have a greater appreciation for some things this year than I ever have before.

I'll be trying to watched fencing, judo, boxing, wrestling, swimming and diving(I was on my high school diving team) and probably men's gymnastics. Yep. Men's gymnastics. The strength and control it takes to do that shit, especially the rings, is amazing. And those guys get jacked like that just by body weight. They don't, for the most part, lift at all.

MattyA - 7-1-2012 at 12:13 PM

I was watching curling during the last Winter Olympics, and my wife couldn't figure out why I was watching it. If it is competitive I will watch anything.

barc0debaby - 7-1-2012 at 12:29 PM

I'm always interested in judo, boxing, wrasslin, and weightlifting competition.

Don't put any real effort into catching the games, but I think its good for humanity that they exist.

clevohardcore - 7-1-2012 at 02:11 PM

Not really into it, but I'll watch it if nothing else is on. The diving stuff kicks ass and ski'ing but thats really it.

morgan - 7-1-2012 at 03:42 PM

Don't really care. If I'm at somebody else's place and it's on I'll watch it but I wouldn't make an effort to watch it.

lifeisabitch - 7-1-2012 at 07:33 PM

my 8 year old is into this year so we might watch the swimming and diving, but not into it at all myself

sentrand - 7-1-2012 at 07:36 PM

i think '84 was the last time i watched any!

CR83 - 7-1-2012 at 11:09 PM

Thanks G's. All good info. I don't socialize with anyone who watches. My in-laws I'm sure all over it but no one I run around with.