Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Cockney Rejects/ Sick of it All

MattyA - 7-15-2012 at 09:54 PM

Did anyone else go to the shows this weekend? Went Saturday and had a great time, all the bands were good. Quick review.
Hostage- very good band had lots of energy, a lot of you will like them
Yellow Stitches- good as always, they get better everytime I see them
Hammer and the Nails- Very good, drummer from the Dropkick's other band.
SOIA- as always a great set lots of energy, best crowd reaction of the night.
Cockney Rejects- another older band with a lot of energy, great set. Played all their classics.

ShawnRefuse - 7-16-2012 at 11:19 AM

My review:

Same for the most part. Sound sucked for first two bands. Vocals were lost. But the bands played through.

SOIA was not as good as I usually see them but I think the venue had a lot to do with it. Most people were in the back drinking so Lou did a lot of the sing along parts and started to lose his voice a little towards the end. BUT still amazing as always.

CR were really good but I was exhausted by then and had to reserve energy for our hour + set the next day so I was one of the jerks in the bar part looking on.

Discipline - 7-16-2012 at 12:54 PM

I don't know Hostage, but that's a great lineup. SOIA are always great live, and I've never seen CR and would love to.

Mark Lind - 7-16-2012 at 05:38 PM

Sick of it All were incredible in Philly. It was my third time seeing them and they just became one of my favorite bands.

ShawnRefuse - 7-16-2012 at 06:16 PM

They are my favorite live band.

I saw them in Amsterdam, NYC, played with them in RI, I think it was just the way the club was set up that made it a little weird.

MattyA - 7-16-2012 at 06:41 PM

Yeah, I didn't get the whole barrier thing. They were serving glass bottle which was weird because they usually put it in plastic cups, just a weird setup.