NYC put the word out...

ShawnRefuse - 8-1-2012 at 11:09 AM

Singer, looking for a band.

:)

XHonusWagnerX - 8-1-2012 at 08:01 PM

lost to the darkside!

stateofdisgrace - 8-10-2012 at 07:47 AM

Shawn, you are in NYC now?

I will keep my eyes and ears out. What kind of band you trying to do? Influences? Sounds like?

ShawnRefuse - 8-10-2012 at 11:58 AM

I am looking to do something more on the punk side but obviously some HC influences.

Think KYI, Virus, Cheap Sex, GBH, Blanks 77, kind of stuff. Something more on the fun side than the chugga chugga angry side.

ChadBeantown - 8-10-2012 at 01:37 PM

Like the serious side of Boys 2 Men mixed with the fun side of the Backstreet Boys?

ShawnRefuse - 8-10-2012 at 02:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ChadBeantown  
Like the serious side of Boys 2 Men mixed with the fun side of the Backstreet Boys?

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

panzerkreuzer - 8-10-2012 at 03:16 PM

i want you to have a band sounding like SFA or yuppicide. you´re in new york now!

ShawnRefuse - 8-10-2012 at 03:36 PM

How about I start a band with our own sound? :-)

panzerkreuzer - 8-10-2012 at 03:51 PM

hmmm...., no! ;);)

stateofdisgrace - 8-14-2012 at 02:38 PM

Any luck yet Shawn?

ShawnRefuse - 8-15-2012 at 10:55 AM

I have a few people interested. Guitarist from Razors in the Night moved to Brooklyn a year ago and we may start something. Also a drummer he knows. So bass and 2nd guitar are really all I need. Then a practice space, etc. All the fun stuff.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-15-2012 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ShawnRefuse  
I have a few people interested. Guitarist from Razors in the Night moved to Brooklyn a year ago and we may start something. Also a drummer he knows. So bass and 2nd guitar are really all I need. Then a practice space, etc. All the fun stuff.

and van... and merch... and shows.... endless possibilities!

XHonusWagnerX - 8-15-2012 at 11:06 AM

ShawnRefuse - 8-22-2012 at 10:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX  

Sold the van before I moved to NYC. No room.

BDx13 - 8-22-2012 at 10:17 AM

too bad. mighta been cheaper to get monthly parking and live in the van. more space, too! :D

ShawnRefuse - 8-22-2012 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
too bad. mighta been cheaper to get monthly parking and live in the van. more space, too! :D

I am paying less than when I lived in Somerville, MA. And it's a 30 minute commute (same as in MA) granted there were helicopters flying around shining lights at the apt last night.