Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Curtis from Taang!

XHonusWagnerX - 8-20-2012 at 07:38 AM

Slapshot played in Quincy on Saturday and I was there selling merch as usual. The show was okay, but Curits from Taang! was there with a small set up of mostly Slapshot merch and a few other Boston things.

He gave me a few things for free which was awesome, but we had a great conversation. I think at first he thought I was the usual 'fan boy' when I asked him about getting test presses of the new press of Olde Tyme Hardcore and the new 7". I said I had a bunch of test presses already and he said "do you have Step on It" and I said, "yeah I have two" and he looked shocked. He said "whats on the lables", I said "Discmakers" and he was more shocked. He said, "how did you get two, I have two and there are only four".

that cemented it and he knew that I actually knew my shit and wasnt just bugging him for records.

Not sure why I'm posting this because I dont know why anyone would care, but it was a cool night.

Mickey - 8-20-2012 at 07:46 AM

It was good to see a few old faces at that show. Sucked death threat cancelled. Should've just put Springa on the stage amd let him ramble for 20 minutes

XHonusWagnerX - 8-20-2012 at 09:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mickey  
It was good to see a few old faces at that show. Sucked death threat cancelled. Should've just put Springa on the stage amd let him ramble for 20 minutes

that would have been awesome! I was hoping maybe Slapshot would play 'Get It Away' and have him sing.

clevohardcore - 8-20-2012 at 09:34 AM

I think that's cool. As for the DT issue that sucks.

BDx13 - 8-20-2012 at 10:02 AM

so, you think you made any headway on picking up more test presses?

XHonusWagnerX - 8-20-2012 at 10:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
so, you think you made any headway on picking up more test presses?

very possible, but we'll have to see. I posted a pic of my 2 Step on It test presses on his FB page, but havent heard anything yet.

I did find out that at least 1 test I needed doesnt exist because there was only 1 and it was broken in shipping from the pressing plant and never replaced. So thats 1 I can cross off the list!

XHonusWagnerX - 8-20-2012 at 10:05 AM

For the Slapshot fans here Taang! just pressed OLDE TYME HARDCORE for the first time on vinyl (it was previously on vinyl, but it was by Century Media, which I also need a test press of!). They did 500 copies on 180gram Black vinyl and 500 on regular Green vinyl.

Discipline - 8-20-2012 at 12:00 PM

Did you ask him about the Slapshot dvd?

XHonusWagnerX - 8-20-2012 at 12:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
Did you ask him about the Slapshot dvd?

he said it is coming out hopefully soo and said there was a very long story which there wasnt time to tell. maybe I can find out if he talks to me on fb.

ChadBeantown - 8-20-2012 at 03:23 PM

I couldn't make the show because of prior commitments. How was the turnout? I didn't see much promotion for it. And who else played?

MattyA - 8-20-2012 at 04:41 PM

Pretty good turnout, Slapshot, COA, Hostage, Raw Sex, and another band that was really good but I can't remember there name. Mickey missed you again! Maybe next time. Josh it was a good seeing you as always.

Mickey - 8-20-2012 at 08:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MattyA  
Pretty good turnout, Slapshot, COA, Hostage, Raw Sex, and another band that was really good but I can't remember there name. Mickey missed you again! Maybe next time. Josh it was a good seeing you as always.
the other band was called certain rare birds. Death threat cancelled an hour before doors. In a way we kinda met. I was working the door, and that's why there were mickey mouse heads on everyone's hands.

MattyA - 8-20-2012 at 10:40 PM

Okay, now I know who you are. My daughter love the Mickey Mouse head on my hand the next day.

MikeFromInhuman - 8-21-2012 at 12:22 AM

Glad that damn DVD is finally coming out!

Also - what new 7"????

XHonusWagnerX - 8-21-2012 at 07:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeFromInhuman  
Glad that damn DVD is finally coming out!

Also - what new 7"????

3 songs...
I Believe
Rejected
Gates of Steel (Devo)

XHonusWagnerX - 8-21-2012 at 07:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mickey  
Quote: Originally posted by MattyA  
the other band was called certain rare birds. Death threat cancelled an hour before doors. In a way we kinda met. I was working the door, and that's why there were mickey mouse heads on everyone's hands.

I thought that was you at the door, but wasnt positive. I was wondering about the mickey mouse too!

3rdDistrict - 8-21-2012 at 07:58 AM

pretty sure DT cancelled cause Jaimie the drummer got two pins put in his hand

MattyA - 8-21-2012 at 09:58 AM

Was really looking forward to seeing DT again, haven't seen them in years. Any info on Certain Rare Birds those guys were really good.