Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Down and Solace

Mark Lind - 9-18-2012 at 05:21 PM

Did anyone get the new Down ep today?

I also had someone tip me off on a band from NJ called Solace. They're fuckin awesome if you like bands like Sabbath and Kyuss. Here's their FB link where you can hear some songs:

http://www.facebook.com/SolaceBand

BDx13 - 9-18-2012 at 07:36 PM

listening to solace now

clevohardcore - 9-18-2012 at 09:12 PM

I'm really liking Solace. WOW!

Jason the Magnificent - 9-18-2012 at 09:24 PM

Yeah Solace is solid. There's so many stellar doom/stoner bands right now it doesn't even make sense.

mattybar - 9-19-2012 at 07:13 AM

I saw a great band in Japan called Spiritual Garden who had a bit of a Down/southern boogie type thing going on.

Saw a band called Fuchu who were pretty huge sounding too. Kinda like Sleep but with almost black metal vocals.

Both bands blew me away but Spiritual Garden deserve a special mention as their live show was just so damn rowdy. It was more like a punk band playing southern rock but super fucking tight and the singer spent most of the set getting wild in the crowd. At the end of the set he dived off the stage only to hit the floor hard. So what does he do? Just starts repeatedly diving into the floor.

Jason the Magnificent - 9-19-2012 at 08:06 AM

I just saw Pallbearer this last weekend and was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Easily my album of the year and the couple of videos I saw dudes voice sounded like shit live, which made me nervous, so it was a huge surprise when he nailed the vocals AND the sound was so tight.