Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Really cool time lapse video of Toronto.

BKT - 10-10-2012 at 09:37 PM

Toronto. Born and raised, it's the place that shaped me. I have memories dating back over 30 years in that city. I have seen it grow first hand, I have spent many, may, many nights in its streets calling it my play ground. I have met my best friends in that city, I have lost friends in that city. People move there from other places and call it home, but you can never have that true connection like you have to a place where you were born and raised. I love Toronto and have been homesick for it since the day I left. This video is amazing and I can name every spot in it and drop a mind blowing story that went down on almost every corner. I love you Toronto.

City Rising from Tom Ryaboi on Vimeo.

BKT.

Six66Mike - 10-11-2012 at 12:56 AM

Kinda bummed there was no image of Sam's and I couldn't pick up anything of Queen St West. Some of it made me wish I was back there working again but then seeing the time lapse of the traffic and the truck taking like 4 lights to go anywhere, screw that haha.

I worked in the Scotia tower for a summer and made it up to the 50 something floor in the BMO building, shit is insanely high up.

clevohardcore - 10-11-2012 at 05:18 AM

Looks like a really nice place. Is it the most populated City of Canada? Seems like traffic is intense.

BKT - 10-11-2012 at 09:10 AM

It's a great place and yes it's the largest city in Canada.

Traffic is a nightmare though. It actually now rivals LA for commute times.

BKT.

BKT - 10-11-2012 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
Kinda bummed there was no image of Sam's and I couldn't pick up anything of Queen St West. Some of it made me wish I was back there working again but then seeing the time lapse of the traffic and the truck taking like 4 lights to go anywhere, screw that haha.

I worked in the Scotia tower for a summer and made it up to the 50 something floor in the BMO building, shit is insanely high up.

Queen West is a great neighbour hood and growing like crazy.

BKT.

Six66Mike - 10-11-2012 at 07:05 PM

I remember living in Long Branch and I had my dad's truck one week when he was fishing. I was doing a placement at Branksome Hall, it took 45-60 minutes to drive there. Fucking nuts. Commuting St Catharines to Havergal College was a bitch too, I did that for 9 months before I went on my first Australia trip.

Queen West change is kinda sad, seeing the fire there a few years ago and finding out Big Bop was closing sucks. That whole area isn't gonna be remotely familiar to me next time I'm around (probably December/January for a brief visit).

JawnDiablo - 10-11-2012 at 08:24 PM

very cool.

I spent a little time up in Canada many years ago when a friend who moved here (Philly area) from there (Windsor) passed away.
One of the things that I really remember is pretty much everyone being nice, and doing rather well for only having what I would call modest jobs / careers. it seemed easier to get ahead I guess.
I ate well and drank like a sailor.
had some Moose in fact.
The mammal, not a chubby broad.
And they were drinking this disgusting assed clamoto juice mixed with their beers ha-ha.
I wish I had time when I was there to see more.
Aside from the unexpected tragedy in their lives, most of them seemed happier than the people I lived around.