Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Post a "D'oh!"

Ungodly - 7-20-2005 at 11:25 AM

What is something incredibly silly or absent-minded you have done that made you laugh at yourself?

I probably generate several a day, but here's a recent one: When trimming my bangs, I accidentally trimmed some eyelashes, and didn't notice until I put mascara on later the next day.

And a classic from my dad: After making a PBJ with the last of the jelly, he approached the trash with the jelly jar in one hand and sandwich in the other, and threw out the sandwich.

XHonusWagnerX - 7-20-2005 at 11:50 AM

I find often that I walk out of the house to leave get in the car and realize that Ive forgotten something. I get out of the car unlock the door go back in get what I forgot then go back to the car and realize that I grabbed something else but forgot what I actually went back in for.

Thats Life - 7-20-2005 at 12:52 PM

i got on the bus yesterday to go home and realized i left my keys at work so i had to get off at the next stop and walk back.

serenity - 7-20-2005 at 01:39 PM

this happend to me a couple years back. i was home, and was going to bed, but had to close the balconydoor first. after a couple of steps, i feel something under my foot. apparently, my cat had thrown-up. so, back to the bathroom, take off my socks and start over. start walking, and as my memory is so fucking bad, i stepped in the small pile of puke once again, only this time, without socks. back to the bathroom, once again, and clean my feet. this time though, i managed to get through to the door without stepping in anything. why i was going to close the door is a fucking mystery. it was summer and 21 degrees celsius outside and hard to fall asleep, even with the door and windows open.

clevohardcore - 7-20-2005 at 01:40 PM

It is freaking my out but lately I have been walking into walls with my shoulder. Like a fucking idiot and I have no idea why. Not sure if I'm just stressed out and walking to quickly and not paying attention or I'm losing my equalibrium or some shit. God I hope not. Dman what i jsut typed sounds funny when I read it. :D

moron - 7-20-2005 at 02:10 PM

I was in my buddy's wedding last month and we took a limo to the church and then to the reception hall. I had left my car at the reception hall earlier in the day so I would have something to drive home in. Anyway... I put my tux on at my friend's parent's house, but my keys made a stupid looking bulge in my pocket, so I took off my car key and put that in my pocket since it was the only key I figured I'd need for the night. The rest I left with my clothes at my friend's parents house. Well, I left the reception and drove home only to realize that I didnt have keys to get into my house. I was just gonna pick my clothes up the next day. So I had to drive to my friend's parents house to get my keys, but they were still out... probably still drinking at the reception hall. I sat in my car in their driveway until about 3am until they finally came home and I could get my keys and go home.

No wonder I call myself moron. I actually fell asleep in my car in their driveway. I have no idea how long I was waiting there.

thedog - 7-21-2005 at 04:44 AM

i have a remote for my car to unlock the doors and now i always catch myself trying to use it to unlock my bedroom door.

Ungodly - 7-21-2005 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog
i have a remote for my car to unlock the doors and now i always catch myself trying to use it to unlock my bedroom door.

When I attempt to open my house with my car key, I see it as an indicator I've been driving too much.

Also when I moved here (to a city for the first time) and began walking a lot, I am a fast walker, so if I saw a cop I would have this instinct to slow down lest he pull me over.

bystanderfanzine.com - 7-21-2005 at 10:48 AM

I locked every in my library once... went out and just locked 2 of my assistance and about 10 patrons inside. They didn't ahve keys yet so they were trapped. I was gone for 20 minutes, and left my phone on my desk.