Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

The Road

clevohardcore - 10-23-2012 at 04:00 PM

We have discussed this book in the past. I can't finish it without tears. Pussy, I know, but I'm just being honest.

random - 10-23-2012 at 04:11 PM

Is that by Cormac McCarthy? I feel like I looked it up once when someone mentioned the movie. I've heard that he has some fantastic novels. The only one I tried was Blood Meridian, but it didn't capture my attention and I didn't get far. Every few pages was a fight where someone was trying to pluck out someone other guy's eyeball. The Border Trilogy is supposed to be really good.

clevohardcore - 10-23-2012 at 07:17 PM

Get the road. I've had it for a while and reread it. It's that good. It's cleansing and helps me focus on what is most important in my life.

BDx13 - 10-23-2012 at 08:55 PM

i'm not watching this!

clevohardcore - 10-23-2012 at 10:31 PM

I never heard of Cormac McCarthy until THORP BOARD. I forgot who, but someone made a thread about it becoming a movie. I was intrigued. The movie was supposedly held back because it wasn't "dark" enough. I think it had more to do with the state of the economy at the time then anything else. Then again, the movie is good, but doesn't hit like the book does. It still hits you though so get it if your not a reader.

I've only read NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN and THE ROAD from McCarthy. I heard All the pretty Horses and Blood Meridian were really good from my Professor.

Seriously, don't blow it off as a normal book. The Road is an amazing piece of literature. Not kidding, three areas of the book, My eyes well up every time. Words man, words.

morgan - 10-24-2012 at 01:31 PM

I loved The Road and No Country for Old Men. I need to read some more of his stuff.

Vanilla Gorilla - 10-24-2012 at 10:31 PM

I've read most of his stuff Blood Meridien is great