Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Job offer

clevohardcore - 12-5-2012 at 08:49 PM

Officially got the call today for employment with the City of Cleveland. I will be an employee with the division of water. I'm pretty siked. I start on the 17th. Not posting this on FB because I really don't give a rats ass about people I don't associate with. You guys on the other hand, matter.

I want in on the Santa thing now that I will be working. :P

Dennis Mc - 12-5-2012 at 09:33 PM

I love hearing good news like this. Congratulations man!!!

CR83 - 12-5-2012 at 09:37 PM

Dude! Kick ass!

MattyA - 12-5-2012 at 09:42 PM

Good to hear, love it when good things happen to good people!

sentrand - 12-5-2012 at 09:45 PM

awesome, congrats!!!!

BDx13 - 12-5-2012 at 09:48 PM

big congratulations!

what have you been doing recently? i know you did the police academy thing, but couldn't get a position w/ the department, so you had a couple part time things, right? is law enforcement off the table entirely? how did you get hooked up with this?

DAK - 12-5-2012 at 10:22 PM

Nice!

JawnDiablo - 12-6-2012 at 07:24 AM

Clevo,
Great to hear this man. I know it's been a rough journey the last couple years for you on the job front. And just in time for the holidays too. Congrats.

clevohardcore - 12-6-2012 at 09:44 AM

Thanks everyone. I really like the fact I can share this with all you. It has been a tough go the past couple of years. I went back to school to work on my Bachelors in Education. In fact I got word yesterday( ya the same day) that I would finally be student teaching in the spring and next fall and then graduating. Something I have worked forever on. However, bills, priorities and family trump being able to finish school right now.

I finished my degree in Police Science and the Police Academy and at the time the best job I received was part time. I worked that for a while, but needed a full time gig. Went to work for a hospital for over a year. I was part of the 11% that got laid off last fall. Just before I was laid off I took the civil service test of the City of Cleveland division of water. I tested well enough for someone with no experience. After being laid off, I went full blast back to school and on the side wormed my way into/attended a couple water treatment seminars and classes. I literally walked in and sat down. I didn't pay for the classes, I just showed and interest and the instructors were ok with it. This was over the past summer. I finally received a call in September for a series of interviews with Cleveland. Yesterday, I received the call of the job off. I am so ready to be back at work. As we all know, things are nutty anymore. Stability is desperately needed and my situation has been less than stable for a long time. Finishing finals this week and grinning like a kid again. It's a strange feeling.

clevohardcore - 12-6-2012 at 09:51 AM

And seriously, thank you, all of you. This 36 year old has been stressing like a MF'er for a while. One thing that has been nice during these times is THORP BOARD.

ChadBeantown - 12-6-2012 at 09:54 AM

This is really great to read!! It is good to see that you kept yourself busy and kept pushing forward. Someday we will have to share a pint together!! Congratulations!!

XHonusWagnerX - 12-6-2012 at 10:16 AM

HUGE congratulations!!! Great christmas present for yourself!

RomanticViolence - 12-6-2012 at 10:29 AM

Thats awesome! congrats dahling!

clevohardcore - 12-6-2012 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ChadBeantown  
This is really great to read!! It is good to see that you kept yourself busy and kept pushing forward. Someday we will have to share a pint together!! Congratulations!!

^^^ I'm all about that.

Discipline - 12-6-2012 at 01:14 PM

Congrats man.

BDx13 - 12-6-2012 at 09:26 PM

wow, definitely doesn't sound like it's been an easy run. good for you for not getting discouraged and giving up - sounds like you were really pursuing every possible option. it's gotta feel great. cheers to you and rest of the clevo family!

necrobutcher - 12-7-2012 at 02:46 AM

Congratulations dude.

Rock that water's world.

What will you be doing?

clevohardcore - 12-7-2012 at 08:08 AM

Taking the water from Lake Erie and making it drinkable. Specifically I am not exactly sure how it works yet, but that is a simple explanation. Water treatment has two divisions. The first being Water treatment, which makes water drinkable for the public. The second being wastewater treatment. Making doo doo water clean enough to go back into the environment.

@BD. Ya, my trying everything is not the best plan for sure. If I would have just stayed focused on education and not let my pursuit of law enforcement get in the way I would have finished my degree in education and be working in the field long ago. I am thinking I need a therapist to deal with some deep seeded issues with commitment. :info:

lifeisabitch - 12-7-2012 at 10:16 AM

congrats man

morgan - 12-7-2012 at 01:34 PM

That's great to hear. Congrats.

REV.PAULIE - 12-10-2012 at 06:32 AM

Very cool...Riley from Murderer's Row works for the Water Dept. for Troy,NY...He's in charge of keeping all the Crazy White Trash element at the right pH...

Six66Mike - 12-10-2012 at 05:49 PM

My friend did the water treatment thing for a few years in Niagara, he said he's scared to drink water now lol.

Well done :D

BDx13 - 12-10-2012 at 10:50 PM

clevo, is this a 9-5 kinda thing or shift work?

clevohardcore - 12-11-2012 at 08:45 AM

Shift work.