Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

had my Gallbladder removed yesterday

XHonusWagnerX - 1-23-2013 at 01:15 PM

I had my gallbladder taken out yesterday. Everything is going well so far. Its a little sore where the actual surgery was, but the worst pain is up in my shoulders.

They inflate your abdomen with gas to do the surgery and some of it ends up staying in the muscle and rises up. It causes a lot of pain, but they said it will be absorbed by my body in the next day or two.

As of now I've got a heating pad on my shoulders, an ice pack on my stomach and a bottle of 120 vicodin to help me get through!

I will say that even though I've never even had a drink, I'm not impressed at all by the effects of the vicodin. I figured it would knock me on my ass. I assume its helping pain that I would be feeling without it, but thast about it.

Discipline - 1-23-2013 at 03:13 PM

Vicodin aren't overly strong. Need something a bit stronger for a real buzz to kick in.

JawnDiablo - 1-23-2013 at 04:21 PM

careful, those things made me constipated.
like pooping concrete.

hope you feel better and recover quick hombre.

Jason the Magnificent - 1-23-2013 at 06:42 PM

Yeah you're not going to get rocked off Vicodin. Unless you way 110 maybe. Now mix it with a couple beers and you'll get a lift...

clevohardcore - 1-23-2013 at 10:38 PM

Your going through a lot lately. Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

BDx13 - 1-24-2013 at 01:35 AM

good for you. now you can eat cheeseburgers with reckless abandon.

XHonusWagnerX - 1-24-2013 at 09:25 AM

I guess the pills are actually Percocet, I was wrong. The doctor mentioned both but I wasnt sure which he actually gave me.

Surprisingly my abdomen still feels fine, but my shoulder is still killing me from the gas used to inflate stuff during the operation.

XnMeX - 1-24-2013 at 10:55 AM

Had mine taken a few years ago. Almost ruptured before they got to it. I had the shoulder pain as well and yeah it does suck. Best of luck to a speedy recovery!

XHonusWagnerX - 1-24-2013 at 11:51 AM

Im gonna take as much time out of work as they will give me cause I'll get a % of my pay from the insurance company, but I really want this shoulder pain to go away. It seems silly... I have 4 bandages from cuts and I'm missing an organ, but my shoulder hurts from gas pain!?

lifeisabitch - 1-24-2013 at 12:35 PM

Man get better soon
Had no idea this was going on

Spoiler - 1-24-2013 at 02:58 PM

my girlfriend had this done.... crazy how they only have to make 4 small incisions to remove your gall bladder.
Take care dude and I hope you get to feeling better real soon.