Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Founders Breakfast Stout

ChadBeantown - 2-11-2013 at 11:19 AM

I was drinking this while cleaning up the snow over the weekend!! GOOD STUFF!!!!

Vanilla Gorilla - 2-11-2013 at 12:17 PM

excellent choice one of my favorites.

if you like that stuff make sure to Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout. its KBS aged in bourbon barrels. Its hard to find so if you see it buy some and then get extra for me, ha.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-11-2013 at 12:18 PM

Yep, just about one of the best stouts you can have.

The barrel aged version of that is amazing. Kentucky breakfast Stout....but good luck getting it anywhere outside the midwest...there's waiting lists even here for it.

even more rare and elusive is the Canadian Breakfast Stout...which is the BFS aged in bourbon barrels that also aged maple syrup. just about the best thing ever and only available at the brew pub.

ChadBeantown - 2-11-2013 at 12:44 PM

I will have to look for these other ones you guys mentioned. I was actually surprised they had this at my local liquor store. Someone on here suggested I go to the brew pub last time I was on the road and I loved it there. Hopefully they start carrying different ones here!! Right now this is the only one they have.

BDx13 - 2-11-2013 at 12:57 PM

the breakfast stout rules, but these variations sound amazing.

i had their porter on tap in NYC last week. also very good.
http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/porter/?av-submitted=tru...

Jason the Magnificent - 2-11-2013 at 01:35 PM

Founders does not make a bad beer. They don't even make an average one...every style excels at what it's supposed to be. And the sandwiches at their brew pub kick ass too.

mattybar - 2-11-2013 at 01:37 PM

i'm a big fan of this stuff..

JawnDiablo - 2-11-2013 at 06:25 PM

I'm a fan of Founders.

That is all.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-11-2013 at 06:52 PM

just saw this on facebook

http://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2013/doom-is-our-next...

had this in their tap room when they were calling it "hand of doom"...other worldly.

JawnDiablo - 2-11-2013 at 07:15 PM

gonna check my local single bottle mix 6 pack establishment for this.

www.pinbeer.com