Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Volbeat

Discipline - 3-19-2013 at 03:32 PM

Anybody into these guys? My sister told me about them and I/m digging their stuff. They blend rock/punk/metal/everything else. I checked out their "Beyond Hell/Above Heaven" album and really like it. It's got Barney from Napalm Death and Mille from Kreator doing guest spots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volbeat

panzerkreuzer - 3-19-2013 at 05:04 PM

check out their early stuff. the first two records are killers. the last one ( the one you listened to) was nice, but nothing special anymore.
i heard the single for the album sucks. mediocre radio stuff like nickelback. sorry, but i am disappointed.
you have to see them live, thatīs the real deal. i saw them about six or seven times and they always kill it. they sound harder live.
http://www.muzu.tv/volbeat/cape-of-our-hero-musikvideo/17857...
the new video.

BDx13 - 3-19-2013 at 06:59 PM

their name has been coming up in conversation a lot recently, but i still haven;t taken the time to check them out.

lifeisabitch - 3-19-2013 at 07:16 PM

I have only heard the stuff on the radio and it sucks I will try the older stuff, but man the radio stuff makes me want to kill someone and not in a good way

BDx13 - 3-19-2013 at 07:37 PM

hahahahhahahahahaaaa!! that does NOT make me want to check them out!

MikeFromInhuman - 3-19-2013 at 07:57 PM

On the fence 100% haha.

One minute I think I like it a lot, the next I am thinking this guy's voice is annoying.

JawnDiablo - 3-20-2013 at 05:58 AM

some of the singing reminds me of Danzig era Misfits.
I like some of what I heard, but not the other stuff.
Their show sold out in Philly in minutes...

Discipline - 3-20-2013 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by panzerkreuzer  
check out their early stuff. the first two records are killers. the last one ( the one you listened to) was nice, but nothing special anymore.
i heard the single for the album sucks. mediocre radio stuff like nickelback. sorry, but i am disappointed.

I will agree with that. There's a few songs that are terrible radio-friendly types. I really liked the album overall. I'll definitely check out the older stuff.

REV.PAULIE - 4-1-2013 at 05:24 AM

THAT'S WHAT THESE GUY'S SOUND LIKE????

WHAT ARE PEOPLE SHITTING A BRICK OVER????

CHRIST....GIMME OINGO BOINGO,ANY FUCKING DAY....