Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Fuck cancer

Discipline - 3-23-2013 at 08:13 PM

Had to put down one of my cats today. Had him since he was kitten, would have been ten in a few months. I knew he was sick when I took him to the vet today, but I had no idea he was full of tumors on his abdomen. Fuck this evil fucking world that lets evil scum live and takes away my best friend. One of those rare times I wish I believed in an afterlife, so I could see him again.

So long Diablo, I will miss you forever.

BDx13 - 3-23-2013 at 09:07 PM

sorry to hear the news, buddy.
fuck cancer, indeed.

Colin - 3-24-2013 at 11:45 AM

sorry to hear about your loss

morgan - 3-25-2013 at 05:28 PM

Sorry to hear.

JawnDiablo - 3-26-2013 at 06:12 AM

Sorry to hear this man.
This is something , while I try not to think about it, I know I won't be ready for when it happens with our cat.
And yeah, truly, fuck cancer....

Six66Mike - 9-8-2013 at 08:52 AM

Gonna bump an old one. We had to put our cat down when it was like 14 years old because of a tumour above the tail. I was 13 so the cat was older than me, knew it my whole life, it sucked.

It's coming up on 1 year since my grandfather died from cancer, his body was riddled by the time he was done fighting. I took my daughter over for 2.5 weeks in August last year to visit him and brought some fresh home videos for him to watch in hospital. We were there when they moved him to respite care and it was a couple weeks after we left he went.

Now my uncle is fighting brain cancer, he only retired in the last couple years, wife just retired at the start of the year. He was out for a bike ride and fainted, took them ages to run scans & get confirmation but they found it & he's been doing chemo since. I think he's 3rd or 4th oldest on my dad's side, there's 7 of them total, can tell they're Irish Catholic right?

Both worked at GM most of their adult life, with the GM pensions being raided in the past 5 years it's gonna suck for the wives and families.

So yeah, fuck cancer.

Discipline - 9-12-2013 at 02:46 PM

Sorry to hear it bud.

Six66Mike - 9-20-2013 at 09:08 PM

Apparently it's been a year (Sept 20) since my grandfather died from his cancer, so just spent an hour and a half on the phone to my gramma. She was out with my mom & uncle and a few friends having beer & wings at his favourite old bar. His old Irish buddy was there when they got in and still there when they left. At least they went out to PEI over the summer and caught up with family there, pretty sure they went to spread ashes, not sure.