Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

early punk

JawnDiablo - 4-28-2013 at 05:11 PM

Any of you guys into the older stuff?

Lately I have revisited a lot of older stuff

Johnny Thunders
Dead Boys
NY Dolls

I think a lot of that era just doesn't get enough credit outside of the Ramones and the Pistols etc.

ok back to drinking and cooking

necrobutcher - 4-29-2013 at 01:44 AM

I'm with you on this one.

Dead Boys, TSOL, even some of the old west coast death rock like 45 Grave and Christian Death work for me.

Colin - 4-29-2013 at 03:39 AM

The old stuff is my favorite. I rarely listen to anything remotely new.....if there's a punk/hardcore band worth a shit around these days it is usually talked about on the Thorp board.

Six66Mike - 4-29-2013 at 08:36 AM

Death is finally getting popular and have a documentary coming out.

SNFU came out pretty early and had a massive run. DOA doesn't get enough recognition either given how early they came out & how long it lasted.

Not a band but Bill Stephenson has been non-stop for decades in bands, let alone producing. Dude is a legend.

Discipline - 4-29-2013 at 12:16 PM

I love the old stuff. Detroit, New York, Toronto, L.A. and the U.K. had all had good bands coming up in those days. The first wave of punk and oi/pub rock bands are held near and dear to my heart.

Dennis Mc - 4-29-2013 at 12:36 PM

One of my favorite albums from that time is In Love with The System by The Forgotten Rebels.

rollinpinmim - 5-2-2013 at 10:23 PM

I've been listening to a lot of Iron Cross, U.S. Chaos, and Arresting Officers first album a lot lately. My all time favorite from the 80's is The Defects from Ireland.

Discipline - 5-3-2013 at 06:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dennis Mc  
One of my favorite albums from that time is In Love with The System by The Forgotten Rebels.

They still put on a great show.