Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

post your jobs.... are they kick ass?!

xsharpx - 7-24-2005 at 10:45 AM

yeah so everyone should post up what they do for a living I think it would be kinda funny to see what we all do for a living

paulie pipes

-- I work for Wal Mart Loss Prevention.... I get paid $9.60 an hour to bust shoplifters and be a pretentious prick asshole! besides the cops get a funny look at me when they come walking and seeing me with all my tattoos and they automatically assume that I am a shoplifter... its pretty funny to see the look on their faces when I tell them who I am

JawnDiablo - 7-24-2005 at 11:02 AM

i work for a pharmaceutical packaging and dristibution outfit. we do contract work for all the big pharma companies like pfizer, merck etc...my job is inspecting all incoming drug / consumable product for correct doccumentation and so on so it doesnt accidentally kill someone down the line and so on...they dont pay me nearly enough....the greedy irish fuckers...we are owned by a company in ireland....www.cts-usa.com

crazyfists28 - 7-24-2005 at 11:54 AM

im a merchandiser/sales rep for pepsi, the other cola, lots of physical labor, not that great, work in the supermarkets and big chain stores

serenity - 7-24-2005 at 12:31 PM

starting tomorrow, i will be doing orders for swedish match, a company that produces cigarettes and snus/snuff?. i make 11.64$ an hour.

xsharpx - 7-24-2005 at 12:38 PM

damn so far we have some pretty bad ass jobs posted on here.... I just get a huge kick out of the fact that with as many tattoos as I have that are most definately visible the looks on the cops faces when they walk in and see me. they automatically assume that I am a thief / shoplifter.. that right there is worth the pay.... word
paulie pipes

GOLD GRILL - 7-24-2005 at 12:39 PM

Offshore technician/supervisor. I set up, maintain, and tear down hydraulic systems. Our system consists of two 550 gallon tanks, four rotary pumps, an injection gun, and lots of hose. I work for a company that injects high density polyurethane foam around the welds on pipelines. I make $225 a day. It's dirty work and you sweat your ass off.

defstarsteve - 7-24-2005 at 12:48 PM

I own and run def-star
it's good 99% of the time
I make enough money to feed my kids and pay my bills and my employees
what else do you need?
I could charge a lot more for my services
and make a lot more profit...
but I'm not in it for that
I'm just trying to make a lasting contribution to the things that helped to mold me into the person I am today, skating, music, and art.
werd

Discipline - 7-24-2005 at 01:33 PM

I'm on disability but come September I'm going back to college.

crazyfists28 - 7-24-2005 at 01:39 PM

i wanna go back to school as well, 24 too late? nah, i need to get out of the physical labor professions...

Discipline - 7-24-2005 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfists28
i wanna go back to school as well, 24 too late? nah, i need to get out of the physical labor professions...

I'm going on 29 and I'm going back. Of course I'm going back because I got hurt doing physical labor.

cary thrasher - 7-24-2005 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfists28

I'm going on 29 and I'm going back. Of course I'm going back because I got hurt doing physical labor.

i started community college at 25. it's nice to be able to see my way to a good job and to be able to support myself and my daughter in the way i want to.

cary thrasher - 7-24-2005 at 03:23 PM

i work at a goodyear.

RomanticViolence - 7-24-2005 at 04:59 PM

Im learning to be a contractor... it's not very common to see a women in this line of work but i love it. We are in the process of building our own house too!.
Before that i used to work in a goverment building doing finance for the state.. i hated that job.

I might get a few of the girls that work with me to pose in a picture... we'll be in our underwear and tool belts... "Thorp Hard Working Music" :cool:

Killthehumans - 7-24-2005 at 05:47 PM

i work at shaws supermarkets, its nothing special, i make enough to pay tuiton since i goto Umass lowell(good deal on tuition and a good school for music, science and enginering if your interested)

Killthehumans - 7-24-2005 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
i work at shaws supermarkets, its nothing special, i make enough to pay tuiton since i goto Umass lowell(good deal on tuition and a good school for music, science and enginering if your interested)

haha, they should doc a tuition payment for my free advertisment

DAK - 7-24-2005 at 05:56 PM

ahhh arrr hooa arr

SAAAAARS - 7-24-2005 at 06:59 PM

i work at target. enough said.

hollymaconmovies - 7-24-2005 at 07:29 PM

I work for a small computer consulting company. Our main focus is custom programming which has largely been my focus. Being a small company though we all do a bit of everything, which includes building systems and hardware/software/network installation, troubleshooting and support.

I'm on the 20 year plan to get my associates degree, taking classes here and there to make up for not getting my degree straight out of high school. I just turned 30 and that's about how many college credits I have.

Also, I moonlight pro bono as office support and all around helper outer for a startup video production company. It's a ton of fun and I've met some of the coolest people I know doing it.

KyleOz - 7-24-2005 at 07:42 PM

Part Timer working full time hours for recreations and parks. Physical labor.

Not much to it besides lifting a lot of heavy items, cleaning up after slobs, tidying up every park and weedwhacking a lot.

Planning on taking the civil service test sooner than later, then transfer from a post office down here back to the 518 hopefully.

GabeTexasGAMC - 7-24-2005 at 08:50 PM

I get paid to post on Thorp Records.
Im not a real person.
Im here to make you love thorp by saying dumb shit.

Is it working?

GabeTexasGAMC - 7-24-2005 at 08:56 PM

Actually, I work at a tattoo shop, Been piercing for the last 6 or 7 years or so, Just started Tattooing, been getting a bit better.

other than that, i raise my little dude and make as much crap for bands as i can like banners, t-shirt designs ect.

clevohardcore - 7-24-2005 at 10:58 PM

I sell Beds and everything that has to do with Beds. Lame as fuck, but much like Holly I have been hammering away at college for the past 10 fucking years now ( I graduated highschool in 95) part time to eventually become a teacher.

Holly I feel ya. It sucks but don't stop. It will pay off once you get that degree.

hollymaconmovies - 7-24-2005 at 11:28 PM

Yeah, I've already been dismissed from a job interview for the lack of a degree. Can't tell you how bad that stung. They were utterly smitten with me until they clarified my educational background (which I in no way fabricated, they just made assumptions). Perfectly qualified for the job in every respect, but they couldn't hire me at that level b/c I didn't have a BA. A BA in anything...didn't matter what.

BDx13 - 7-25-2005 at 12:45 AM

i think DAK and SAAAAARS have the best sounding jobs so far. ;)

BDx13 - 7-25-2005 at 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hollymaconmovies
A BA in anything...didn't matter what.

my wife was a french major. now, she's a buyer at macy's. related? nah. but it's a degree. and that's the case for so many jobs these days. in fact, its gettign so that a lot of employers are looking for masters as well. yikes.

xsharpx - 7-25-2005 at 08:17 AM

yeah I know that feeling I will be 28 in september and I start back to school in January. going to work on my associates in general education and then pursuing a degree to become a Social Worker.... thats going to be a bitch balancing a full time loss prevention job at wal mart, a part time job at albertsons as a grocery stocker and a full time Filipino girlfriend... But its much needed... even though I truely enjoy my job reaching out to troubled youth and more is more of a calling for me if you know what I mean. If you know me irl then you will know what I mean... its in my heart
paulie pipes

Ungodly - 7-25-2005 at 09:11 AM

All of the late school bloomers- don't sweat it, it's never too late. I got my BA in 1998 (I was 27) and had started working on it in 1989. I got my masters 5 years later.

Right now I am editing newsletters about SAP business data systems. It sucks a lot. It could be worse but it's boring, the people I work with are weird, and I have to drive here which I hate and is stupid b/c I pay city rent.

I am looking for another sellout job that pays better and is in the city, which I plan to do for a year or so (unless I move out of here sooner) and pay off some debts. Then I want to scale down and either go back for my phD or work at somehting idealistic like animal rights or both.

CR83 - 7-25-2005 at 09:13 AM

VP of Midwest Sales for a Staffing company. I work out of a home office. My boss is one of the best guys in the world and I really enjoy what I do. I'm not sure if that kicks ass or not.

Discipline - 7-25-2005 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
Im learning to be a contractor... it's not very common to see a women in this line of work but i love it. We are in the process of building our own house too!.
Before that i used to work in a goverment building doing finance for the state.. i hated that job.

I might get a few of the girls that work with me to pose in a picture... we'll be in our underwear and tool belts... "Thorp Hard Working Music" :cool:

Pictures sooner then later please.;)

Jason the Magnificent - 7-25-2005 at 01:34 PM

I do CAD Drafting for an HVAC contractor, I do shop/installation/design drawings for ductwork and piping systems in airports, hospitals, condos, schools and other commercial type things.

crazyfists28 - 7-25-2005 at 06:05 PM

crazyfists28 - 7-25-2005 at 06:16 PM

its true...i do grunt work for the most part but in order to get to the next level of back breaking labor u need at least a four year degree. pisses me off that i've wasted over 5 years trying to prove something just to be told that i need a degree to do the exact same thing i've been doing. i see these snot nosed nobody's coming in with absolutely no idea of what they are doing getting a job cuz they went to college. you know im gonna be blue collar til i die!!

crazyfists28 - 7-25-2005 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
Quote:
Originally posted by hollymaconmovies
A BA in anything...didn't matter what.

my wife was a french major. now, she's a buyer at macy's. related? nah. but it's a degree. and that's the case for so many jobs these days. in fact, its gettign so that a lot of employers are looking for masters as well. yikes.
\

i was referring to this in my last post...forgot to quote it

thedog - 7-26-2005 at 04:07 AM

i work retail, but i get paid well cause its an independent store ( not a franchise or big corporation ).

i put myself through community college and got an Associates Degree in graphic design, so sooner or later i will get a serious job.
for now my job is easy and it pays the bills.