Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Ministry

SS76 - 8-16-2013 at 03:31 PM

clevohardcore - 8-16-2013 at 04:10 PM

Man that shit sucks.

Discipline - 8-16-2013 at 04:54 PM

I love Ministry, but that ain't great. I don't think it's that bad, but far from their best. Thankfully nothing will ever be as fucking horrible as their first album.

JawnDiablo - 8-16-2013 at 06:02 PM

I haven't tuned in since they lost me with that one cs with the guy holding the teeny flag on the cover..............which sucked

earlier material: brilliant.

SS76 - 8-16-2013 at 08:05 PM

The Last Sucker had at least 6 badass songs. I have 201 Ministry songs in my itunes; I recently cut it down to 58 songs I actually like.

Murk - 8-16-2013 at 08:47 PM

Al's got a new book out.

says he sucked dick a few times, lol.

JawnDiablo - 8-17-2013 at 08:29 AM

I still love Jesus Built My Hotrod.
that is mint still 20 years later.

A mind is a terrible thing to taste
Psalm 69
land of rape and honey

all solid offerings

DAK - 8-17-2013 at 10:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
I still love Jesus Built My Hotrod.
that is mint still 20 years later.

A mind is a terrible thing to taste
Psalm 69
land of rape and honey

all solid offerings

yes

clevohardcore - 8-20-2013 at 09:13 PM

I just watched and interview with him as well and he looks a fucking mess. They have released some decent stuff over the last 10 years but the drugs are having there way with him even though he claims to be clean.

3rdDistrict - 8-21-2013 at 09:26 AM

anyone ever check out the early early ministry?
its kinda of amusing to see where the band went.

i saw kmfdm in 94 (Wust hall in DC), but all that idustrial/metal music and the people, no thanks

clevohardcore - 8-31-2013 at 12:53 AM

I saw Ministry for the mind is a terrible thing to taste tour. KMFDM open up. Good show.

Discipline - 8-31-2013 at 05:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 3rdDistrict  

i saw kmfdm in 94 (Wust hall in DC), but all that idustrial/metal music and the people, no thanks

The first full-length was "With Sympathy" and Al tells everybody to avoid it like the plague. That thing was fucking awful, a complete piece of shit. He claims the record company (Arista Records) forced him to go the synth-pop route, fake English accent and everything. Other than that, the early singles on Wax Trax were pretty decent. It's not what the band later became, but I like those early releases.

clevohardcore - 9-1-2013 at 09:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
Quote: Originally posted by 3rdDistrict  

The first full-length was "With Sympathy" and Al tells everybody to avoid it like the plague. That thing was fucking awful, a complete piece of shit. He claims the record company (Arista Records) forced him to go the synth-pop route, fake English accent and everything. Other than that, the early singles on Wax Trax were pretty decent. It's not what the band later became, but I like those early releases.

^^^^^^ 12 inch singles is a staple in my itunes when I'm in the mood.

*side note* The new album cover is linked here. What do you all think about it?

http://www.avclub.com/articles/whats-worse-the-title-of-the-...

Discipline - 9-2-2013 at 11:38 AM

Not your typical Ministry cover art. It's okay, but I would have gone with something else.

Discipline - 9-4-2013 at 11:51 AM

Clevo, have you heard the updated version of Every Day is Hallowe'en? They did it a few years ago and it was on one of Ministry's compilations. It's the "Evil Mix" and it's amazing.

Murk - 10-31-2013 at 11:16 AM

From Beer To Eternity is pretty good, more metal than previous releases...

XHonusWagnerX - 11-1-2013 at 12:15 PM

I love the album of covers they did a few years ago

JawnDiablo - 11-1-2013 at 03:45 PM

Rob Zombie totally stole Al Jourgensen's schtick........

clevohardcore - 11-2-2013 at 11:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
Clevo, have you heard the updated version of Every Day is Hallowe'en? They did it a few years ago and it was on one of Ministry's compilations. It's the "Evil Mix" and it's amazing.

^^^I'll check that out.

^^^ Jamming it now on spotify. AHAHA, this is rad.

Discipline - 11-3-2013 at 03:32 PM

I fucking love it.