Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Guitarist of PALE HORSE died.

ENDERA.x - 7-26-2005 at 07:26 PM

Jon Tamas, guitarist of Palehorse, has passed away. Please buy/pre-order the new palehorse/under one flag split. all proceeds goto his family. RIP

www.straydoghardcore.com
www.myspace.com/Palehorse
www.palehorse1948.com

.that's all I know

moron - 7-26-2005 at 10:02 PM

I heard that. Shitty.

from lambgoat

BDx13 - 7-26-2005 at 10:05 PM

Palehorse guitarist passes away
Tuesday, July 26, 2005

As you may have heard, Palehorse guitarist John Tamas passed away last night. Here's a statement from the band:

"A close personal friend, brother, and band mate passed away yesterday. There are no words to express the shock and despair we are all feeling right now. John Tamas grew up with all of us to the tune of 15+ years. He was a part of the Connecticut Hardcore scene for the past 12 years and has made a lasting impact in all of our lives. We would like to send our utmost gratitude to those who have been there for us in this tragic time. Your words, emails, phone calls, and tears have reopened our eyes to hardcore and what hardcore is all about. We have been surrounded by loved ones all day. Thank you so much."

A benefit show is being planned for September. According to Palehorse, "it will be bands from the time when we began going to shows. Bands that John loved and a show that John would have been proud to play." Additionally, the band is selling a limited edition 7", which will feature the only songs Tamas recorded with the band. Proceeds from both the 7" and benefit show will go to Tamas' mother to help with expenses.

RomanticViolence - 7-26-2005 at 10:47 PM

Thats so sad :( . How did he die?

CR83 - 7-27-2005 at 10:45 AM

Oh man, that is tough

Ungodly - 7-27-2005 at 10:49 AM

So sad. The cause hasn't been announced generally anywhere so maybe it's a senstive thing and the family doesn't want it everywhere?

Anyone reading this who knew him, my condolences.

clevohardcore - 7-27-2005 at 11:28 AM

I never heard the band, but everyone involved in hardcore music should have a kinship. That sucks and it is very sad. It seems he had alot of friends so it's safe to say he was a good person.

Thats Life - 7-27-2005 at 11:33 AM

this really sucks. the whole band seemed like good dudes.

cool as aids - 7-27-2005 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I never heard the band, but everyone involved in hardcore music should have a kinship. That sucks and it is very sad. It seems he had alot of friends so it's safe to say he was a good person.

you should really check out the band, incredibly cleveland influenced..