Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

All Out War

MattyA - 11-16-2014 at 02:15 PM

Saw them last night with Death Threat! Just as I remembered them, brutal show! I haven't been this sore in a long time. Brought me back 15 years, remember seeing both bands all the time in the late 90's early 2000's. Nearly blew my load when Death Threat opened with Dead at Birth. Last night reaffirmed everything I like about hardcore,punk,and Oi!

Discipline - 11-16-2014 at 07:32 PM

I've never understood people calling All Out War a hardcore band. I've always thought they sound like a straight-up metal band. I like Death Threat, but I've always found it funny that my favorite song of theirs was the track with Rob Lind and Buddha on it. Not a great selling point for a band, if your best song required guys from a better band lending a hand. Of course, most people would disagree with my opinion of it being Death Threat's best song.

MattyA - 11-16-2014 at 08:56 PM

They are definitly a metal band, but they always played with hardcore band. Every time I saw them it was at a hardcore show. Death Threat are great, they have a lot of great songs in my opinion.

SS76 - 11-16-2014 at 11:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
most people would disagree with my opinion of it being Death Threat's best song.

Nah, it's their best song.

DaveMoral - 11-19-2014 at 06:46 PM

I consider All Out War a hardcore band playing metal, if that makes sense. I think the general attitude and spirit is purely hardcore, but the music is without a doubt metal.

Discipline - 11-20-2014 at 12:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
I consider All Out War a hardcore band playing metal, if that makes sense. I think the general attitude and spirit is purely hardcore, but the music is without a doubt metal.

I guess that makes sense in some ways. I'd classify Earth Crisis the same way.

MattyA - 11-20-2014 at 09:34 PM

What ever way you classify them they are still a great band. And they always put on a good show.

CR83 - 11-22-2014 at 01:16 PM

I would love to hear some new material from AOW. This time of year is when I listen to them. Every time I hang up Christmas lights on the house, AOW is blaring. No idea why, just happens to make sense.

MattyA - 11-22-2014 at 10:50 PM

They have new material coming out next year sometime. Played a couple of new ones when I saw them. Sounded good.

Six66Mike - 11-23-2014 at 07:09 AM

Metalcore the way it should be, and still amazing after all these years.

Discipline - 11-24-2014 at 03:05 PM

I liked the band the other AOW guys did without the singer. I think it was called Nerve Gas Tragedy or something along those lines.