Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Madball-Legacy

godabandonedme - 8-10-2005 at 11:09 PM

I know it's been out a little while, but I just got a full listen to it tonight and love it. Fucking HITS like only they can.

Oh yea, couldn't figure out how to post pic of my tat unless it was a new thread, so anyway, yea now theres flames coming up from underneath and a bike chain at the bottom and a wilted rose that says "outcast" in a banner on it now.

BDx13 - 8-10-2005 at 11:41 PM

anyone else got it? what do you think?

i got it a few days ago, but haven't really listened to it yet.

cary thrasher - 8-11-2005 at 12:01 AM

i like it. i don't think they've ever put out a bad album. the dvd is cool too. except that the footage from the superbowl, during pride, the jackass who jumps on stage and puts his arm around freddy is from here. vegan edge jesus freak.

ENDERA.x - 8-11-2005 at 01:38 AM

ive had it for about 3 weeks now.

its good.

and yeah theyve never put out a bad album.

maybe a bad video here and there though...
this new thing with FERRET is pretty lame.

ENDERA.x - 8-11-2005 at 01:39 AM

hey is anyone Vegan on these boards?

brooklyn - 8-11-2005 at 02:29 AM

Legacy = Madball as Madball has been and will be. Better production than their early days stuff, but same vibe, power, anger, riffs,... It's 100% Madball.
The studio/outtakes on the dvd are excellent, but the 2 live recordings are bad quality picturewise.

and ...gimme some beef!

JawnDiablo - 8-11-2005 at 05:32 AM

it is a great tight record.
some songs stand out more than others.
true to the madball i know and love
i reccommend it
the dvd is cool too
hoya is a fuckin funny dude
16 tracks

i am as vegan as andre the giant was fit

KyleOz - 8-11-2005 at 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
it is a great tight record.
some songs stand out more than others.
true to the madball i know and love
i reccommend it

CR83 - 8-11-2005 at 08:58 AM

Very tight record. ANother great outing by Madball.

THORP - 8-11-2005 at 09:01 AM

I haven't stopped listening to it since i got it. I've heard some say they think there is filler on it. I don't see that. Every song is tight and perfect. Great production, classic Madball lyrical themes (Path of sin and redemption, street life, love of family, etc). They have delivered again. I don't think they ever released a bad record, but this one has really captured me possibly more than previous ones. I think I will be still listening to Madball when my grand kids are visiting me in an old folks home.

-THORP

clevohardcore - 8-11-2005 at 01:50 PM

Great record.

One of the only bands I can never see changing and thats a awsome thing. they know how to do it. If they want to seek ohter avenues or sounds they from other bands. they don't fuck with MADBALL.

Discipline - 8-11-2005 at 08:18 PM

Finally got mine today along with my free shirt for pre-ordering. HOLY SHIT!!! This album is incredible start to finish.

I gotta agree with Clevo. I love that Madball don't fuck with a perfect formula. They've never put out a bad album, always remaining true to their distinct sound.

thedog - 8-12-2005 at 01:12 AM

its been said over and over already, but
i concur.... its a great album.

i cant see why any madball fan wouldnt like this.

Discipline - 8-12-2005 at 07:59 AM

Anybody else get the free shirt from Pitchfork for pre-ordering?

DeathByForce - 8-14-2005 at 04:59 AM

such a sweet record. i have to pick it up when i get out again.

damn small town record stores never carry the good stuff unless you order it in.

JawnDiablo - 8-14-2005 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Anybody else get the free shirt from Pitchfork for pre-ordering?

i gots me the free pitchfork shirt

SAAAAARS - 8-14-2005 at 02:26 PM

i haven't listened to it yet. i have heard it's "amazing" and i've heard it's "typical madball". so, basically, i'll like it no matter what.