Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

wedding songs ?

thedog - 8-12-2005 at 01:16 AM

i know there are a few people on here that are married,
just wondering what your "wedding song" was?

newbreedbrian - 8-12-2005 at 06:51 AM

mine's gonna be "dirty deeds (done dirt cheap)"

CR83 - 8-12-2005 at 07:22 AM

The Song "More"

Discipline - 8-12-2005 at 07:55 AM

I would use "Young Punks In Love." Who does love songs better then Paul Bearer? Nobody.

brooklyn - 8-12-2005 at 07:58 AM

don't hate me cause I'm beautifull by the almighty Sheer Terror

BDx13 - 8-12-2005 at 08:35 AM

Ours was "You're The One" by Shane Macgowan & Marie Brennan. It starts out all nice and sweet sounding with strings and Marie singing really softly... Then Shane starts singing. Our families just started looking around with these inquisitive frowns; no one had any idea what was going on. Good times.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-12-2005 at 08:43 AM

Im not married and this is a kind of lame song, but when it was on the radio a couple of years ago I thought that STONE SOUR song 'bother' would be a good wedding song, in a weird way. I know its gay because its the guy from Slipknot, but I just like the lyrics.

Unbound - 8-12-2005 at 11:00 AM

seriously, there are some good tunes out there, regardless of if they are played on the radio or not. I like tons of music that people might call "gay" but fuck it, if your ears like it roll with it. I myself know that I can't take blaring fast music 24/7.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-12-2005 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unbound
seriously, there are some good tunes out there, regardless of if they are played on the radio or not. I like tons of music that people might call "gay" but fuck it, if your ears like it roll with it. I myself know that I can't take blaring fast music 24/7.

no I totally agree with you! I listen to more OTHER stuff than Hardcore at this point, but I like to cover myself when I mention liking something that a lot of other people might think sucks. Its a defense mechanism that I developed from watching people talk shit on other message boards. Im sure I like a bunch of 'gay' music.

clevohardcore - 8-12-2005 at 11:58 AM

To be honest we do not have one. We had the wedding then the reception where everyone was drinking and eating. Then the next day we left for the honeymoon. No time for dancing. I want to have one though. Maybe "THE HEART OF ROCKIN ROLL" by Huey Lewis and the news.

JawnDiablo - 8-12-2005 at 03:22 PM

dead bitch by the serial killers

Voodoobillyman - 8-12-2005 at 03:49 PM

Viva las Vegas by Elvis Presley. My wife and I were married at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding chapel in.....you guessed it Vegas. They had a special on the t.v about it not too long ago. We had the young Elvis dude.

KyleOz - 8-12-2005 at 04:09 PM

I am not even close to being married yet but Mission of Burma - Prepared would be an excellent song in my opinion.

Or something by Meatloaf off of bat out of hell.

RomanticViolence - 8-12-2005 at 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

juan.. i do not know this song.. but it sounds like good times.

newbreedbrian - 8-13-2005 at 12:56 AM

how about "better without a wife" by tom waits?

RomanticViolence - 8-13-2005 at 01:00 AM

tom waits is awesome

JawnDiablo - 8-13-2005 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

juan.. i do not know this song.. but it sounds like good times.

serial killers were an old philly punk band you'll hear me and mrbadvibes bringing up on here from time to time
i dont see myself ever getting married at this point. i am a mess and havent been in a relationship in over 2 years, but at the time i'm not complaining about it either...
as far as wedding songs...what are we talking about?
is it the song they play when the married couple walks into the reception hall? or the one that the couple dances to by themselves during the traditional wedding reception arrangement?
for the walking in thing, i thing the dick dale song from the beginning of pulp fiction would be my choice...as far as the other...thats up to her i guess....

newbreedbrian - 8-13-2005 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
tom waits is awesome

marry me.

John Bulldog - 8-13-2005 at 10:33 AM

Blood for blood - so common so cheap;)

Todd - 8-13-2005 at 10:39 AM

'I Would For You' by Janes Addiction and 'Drink Deep' by Rites of Spring.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-15-2005 at 08:16 AM

'Sacred Heart' by H2O would be a really good one too.

DeathByForce - 8-15-2005 at 09:55 AM

i know someone who actually walked down the aisle to Punk Rock Love by The Casualties.

I just sat in the pew shaking my head.

(yes, they played casualties in a church. it was REALLY tacky)

thedog - 8-15-2005 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

serial killers were an old philly punk band you'll hear me and mrbadvibes bringing up on here from time to time
i dont see myself ever getting married at this point. i am a mess and havent been in a relationship in over 2 years, but at the time i'm not complaining about it either...
as far as wedding songs...what are we talking about?
is it the song they play when the married couple walks into the reception hall? or the one that the couple dances to by themselves during the traditional wedding reception arrangement?
for the walking in thing, i thing the dick dale song from the beginning of pulp fiction would be my choice...as far as the other...thats up to her i guess....

i was thinking the song the couple first dances to, but i am interested to hear both.