Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Rescue Me....

godabandonedme - 9-14-2005 at 04:29 AM

Anyone a fan???? I love this show as well as alot of other FX shows, but sometimes I miss it because of the hours I work and fuck tonight was the season finale(sp?) and I didn't get to see it. Damn I'm pissed.

BDx13 - 9-14-2005 at 06:19 AM

i've heard it's great, but i've never actually seen it. isn't it a fire rescue show? don't you get enough similar drama in your real day to day life?! if i did what you did, i'd wanna watch like sesame street or some shit at the end of the day.

Discipline - 9-14-2005 at 11:46 AM

This show is fucking brilliant.

clevohardcore - 9-14-2005 at 02:39 PM

Amazing show. I will say I think it's the best show on tv today. SERIOUSLY! The season finally is great. New season in JANUARY and i can't wait.

thedog - 9-14-2005 at 04:38 PM

great show

ian nut - 9-14-2005 at 06:04 PM

never seen it supposed to be good though

godabandonedme - 9-15-2005 at 03:08 AM

Well like I've said, yes I do see most of or basically all fo that shit during a normal day at work. I duno, a week of Rescue Me is pretty much like a day at work for a fire-fighter here in Phila., or any big city. I see the same shit but more I guess. I like that show cause I can relate to the attitudes of the carachters(sp?). Just a good show I think. I actually try and get my girlfriend to watch it to try and understand why I don't talk about my day at work like she does when she comes home.

clevohardcore - 9-15-2005 at 08:57 PM

You a cop or firefighter? I wanted to ask you a couple questions about that.

godabandonedme - 9-16-2005 at 02:43 AM

I'm a Police Officer in Philadelphia. The reason I stated that a week of Rescue Me is a day at work for me is because Fire-Rescue (that's what we call them when we need them) is only called when we need them, inso-much as I see basically 3 times the shit they will see in a day because they only need to come out if there is a fire, or someone is seriously hurt. However, if someone is critically injured (i.e. shot in the head) we will usually transport in our car/wagon because it takes alot longer for rescue to get there.

clevohardcore - 9-16-2005 at 06:09 PM

How hard is it to become a police officer? I am 29 and still no degree but almost their to an Associates Degree. I need to make a living. I have a child on the way in about 3 weeks and I have no direction. My degree is to become a teacher but it's getting harder and harder to achieve this. Becasue of money, time and more money. Where do I begin or what is a direction I should start looking. I have taken 1 test already about a year ago and was # 28 out of 100 people. They were only hiring 2 people.

godabandonedme - 9-17-2005 at 01:56 PM

Well for phila, I know you have to have lived here for at least a year. I know the local municipalities are pretty hard to get hired in like you said cause they usually only hire like 2 at a time. Try something federal like septa, or postal or port authority.

BDx13 - 9-17-2005 at 10:35 PM

i seriously want to be a mail man so bad.

godabandonedme - 9-17-2005 at 10:48 PM

Newman sucks. Most other mailmen are cool though. An old friend of mine was a mail man, he liked it. Not the greatest pay in the world but good benefits.

BDx13 - 9-18-2005 at 01:07 AM

i don't know how long you have to do it before you're eligible for benefits, but i figure i might like to start doing some time in my fifties. maybe as my post retirement job. has to be in a small town so i can walk around, though. one of my old friends from highschool is a mailman in west chester. i was so excited when i found out.

godabandonedme - 9-18-2005 at 05:00 AM

I don't really know how the postman thing works to be honest. It is a federal job from what I understand no matter where your hired at. I'm sure the benefits start when your hired like mine did.