Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

New supergroup in the works (BFB, Bruisers)

XnMeX - 9-15-2005 at 01:10 PM

I was at the Bruisers reunion show last night (INSANE time! They played over 20 songs and TONS of people were there including Budha and Ian of BFB, Paul Bearer, Mickey Fitz, some of the guys from Slapshot, and tons of others) Getting back to the point of the thread.... In between songs Al mentioned a "Supergroup" forming consisting of, and I quote "a former Blood for Blood vocalist". He said there was some members from the Bruisers involved as well and the group is looking for a bassist. I can't wait till this takes form but I am not diggin the way he said "former" vocalist.... Makes it sound like BFB is no more (who knows at this point).

CR83 - 9-15-2005 at 01:48 PM

That would be awesome. Keep us posted, PLEASE!

Discipline - 9-15-2005 at 06:00 PM

Lucky bastard, I fuckin wish I could've been at that show. Did they film it?

Be interesting to see what this new band is like.

hollymaconmovies - 9-15-2005 at 06:21 PM

We were supposed to film the Ducky Boys set, but they (venue, promoters whoever) said no on account of insurance etc. something, something. Mark still got us in on the guest list though, which was mighty nice of him. And not filming meant I could just hang out and enjoy the whole show. Nice.

I don't know if anyone was able to film, but you can see pictures here:

http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2005-09-14

I spotted myself in two of them. :)

XHonusWagnerX - 9-16-2005 at 08:13 AM

Who from Slapshot was there?

XnMeX - 9-16-2005 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX

I think I saw choke on stage at one point, not too sure though.

XHonusWagnerX - 9-16-2005 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

Seems odd... but anything is possible.

Mark Lind - 9-17-2005 at 12:43 AM

I heard about this too. BFB will play again someday, I'm sure. Buddha and Rob have been best friends since I was like 13 so that's a long time. They are on separate roads right now but they'll cross paths again.

Mark Lind - 9-17-2005 at 12:43 AM

By the way I should go be their bass player. :D

godabandonedme - 9-17-2005 at 05:03 AM

So total drunkard vocals w/total straight edge vocals? + Good hardcore beats/breakdowns? HMMMmmm........SWEET???????????
No seriously, if that is the line up that would be fuck awsome. Bring it on!

XnMeX - 9-17-2005 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
By the way I should go be their bass player. :D

*thumbs up*

Hey Mark, did you catch anymore of the details like who from the Bruisers is doing what, etc... I can't remember if they said the Bruisers drummer, one of their guitarists, etc..

Mark Lind - 9-17-2005 at 07:25 PM

I don't know anything more but I'll try and snoop around and report back to you.

XnMeX - 9-20-2005 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

Seems odd... but anything is possible.

Actually, it must have just been a guy that looked like choke. Speaking of which, is there some sort of "thing" between The Bruisers and Slapshot? Cuz I remember Al saying somthing like this.... I could start talking shit but i'm gonna hold back. Fuck it, you know whats up. I'm looking around and I don't see him here. I invited you and everything, where are ya? You all know who i'm talking about." no one seemed to have a clue in the crowd. and I am pretty sure (not 100% possitive it was Jack Kelly that he said "Where are y Jack Kelly?" Might have been someone else, might have been joking around... god my memory sucks.

I just remembered this cuz I am not a Slapshot fan and I was looking at the Thorp videos (hoping for the Ramallah video) and noticed it said "Jack Kelly (CHOKE)" lol

i am that bruiser

ritchiefromthebruisers - 10-5-2005 at 04:19 PM

i (ritchie) am that bruiser who will be in this new "supergroup". still need a bass player

Discipline - 10-5-2005 at 04:28 PM

YES!!!!!

xsharpx - 10-5-2005 at 08:04 PM

holy fuckin hell this is going to be a bad ass band! someone keep me posted as to when they finally form and all that jazz

BDx13 - 10-5-2005 at 09:05 PM

hey ritchie, welcome to the thorp board. keep us up to date with what's happening with the new band - we're very interested.

Ten Foot Pole - 10-5-2005 at 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
hey ritchie, welcome to the thorp board. keep us up to date with what's happening with the new band - we're very interested.

is that really him?

BDx13 - 10-5-2005 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ten Foot Pole
Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE

is that really him?

judging by the email address used to register the user account, it seems likely.

ritchiefromthebruisers - 10-5-2005 at 10:53 PM

is that really him?jeez...i'll keep ya posted big d.

BDx13 - 10-5-2005 at 11:19 PM

well, you know, with the internet being what it is, ya never know who's who. although fortunately, we don't get a lot of that kind of nonsense on this board. paul bearer registered here a while back, and no one believed it was him. but sure enough, that was his email address!

anyway, yeah ritchie, keep us posted. there's definitely a lot of interest in this new project.

Mark Lind - 10-5-2005 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ritchiefromthebruisers

What's up, honey? Have i ever told you that you were the most important bass player of my youth aside from Duff McKagan? It's true. I know you're touched by that.

gavin - 10-6-2005 at 12:48 AM

i want this band to happen now please
thanks

XnMeX - 10-6-2005 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
i (ritchie) am that bruiser who will be in this new "supergroup". still need a bass player

VERY awesome to hear that you are involved. Me and the Portsmouth E-Hole kids were pissed that you didn't do any songs at the reunion. Can't wait to see what comes of this new group.

ritchiefromthebruisers - 10-6-2005 at 10:23 AM

one of the reasons i did not play at the reunion was that i've been traveling with the carnival selling tacos.the other reason is that i drank enough to kill a small town. and thanks mark,that means alot.

XnMeX - 10-6-2005 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
the other reason is that i drank enough to kill a small town.

You? NEVER! :P

brooklyn - 10-6-2005 at 11:36 AM

Ritchie - get this new band moving cause its sounds great!

Ten Foot Pole - 10-7-2005 at 03:15 AM

Quote:

haha sorry about that :)

soulless - 10-7-2005 at 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
i want this band to happen now please
thanks

what he said.

i thought it was a joke at the bruisers reunion show. good to hear otherwise.

Mark Lind - 10-7-2005 at 02:06 PM

Ritchie, can we play your first Boston show with the new band?

ritchiefromthebruisers - 10-9-2005 at 05:54 PM

sure mark.just gotta get it rolling.