Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

We Want Your Thoughts on the new Ramallah!

Shane - 9-20-2005 at 10:11 AM

Everyone who ordered the new Ramallah should get it this week, some people possibly even today if you live close enough to where MerchNow is located. Since this has been a pretty highly anticipated release amongst everyone here on the message board, I'd like to get some feedback on it.

Also, I know some of you have the unmastered leak and have had it for awhile. Not to be a dickhead, but please only respond if you have heard the finished product, since it does differ. This is a milestone record for Rob Lind, Ramallah, and Thorp Records and I think it's only fair to each one that the opinion is based on the final product.

Thanks everyone for your patience with this record and I cannot wait to hear the response!

P.S. And as a bonus to encite some thought provoking discussion and debate on the record, a free CD will be given out to whoever I feel has had the best post in this thread. My decision will be made on October 18th, a week after the record has hit stores.

crazyfists28 - 9-20-2005 at 06:29 PM

as a precursor to getting this in the mail: not in many years has an album release actually created such excitement and "buzz" around it as this one has. im only 25 but have long since lost that feeling of anticipation of running out to the store and buying an album on its release date and running back to the car or going home and throwing the headphones on to hear every single song before moving on with my day. with thorp releasing this a few weeks earlier it only creates more anticipation cuz i know its on its way and i dont have to wait til a specific date, but this is even worse cuz i dont know exactly when it will get here. now getting the mail takes on a whole new significance. so before even hearing the final version of this album...i can honestly say that this cd has made me revisit one of those great places and i thank you for that.

DAK - 9-20-2005 at 08:00 PM

I hope it gets here before the hurricane hits.

Mark Lind - 9-20-2005 at 09:42 PM

Christ! Where is my copy?

XnMeX - 9-21-2005 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind

*hopes that he gets his copy before Mark does* ;)

CR83 - 9-22-2005 at 02:24 PM

Quote:

How great is it that the Frontman's own borther doesn't have a copy yet? I think the Linds are great.

XnMeX - 9-22-2005 at 06:36 PM

Anyone get it yet? I am going nuts over here! ;)

soulless - 9-22-2005 at 07:08 PM

mine came today. the "i'd love to rape a hilton sister" has already offended my roommate. but she's an idiot who owns "the simple life" on dvd. i'm bringing the album to work (gotta leave in a couple minutes), and it's probably all i'll listen to tonight. not a bad song on here. favorites after 3 spins: "just walk away", "oscar cotton", "bye-bye", "days of revenge".

and the beatles cover surprised the hell out of me. i knew it was on there from reading about it, but hearing it was something else. as someone who grew up as a huge beatles fan (they were all i would listen to until i was 14 and realized there was other good music out there), i tend to really hate whenever someone attempts a cover. it is weird hearing the lyric changes, but i think that's just a result of having heard the original a million times.

i didn't download the leaked stuff, so i didn't hear most this stuff already. i heard the tracks that were up here and on lambgoat. i listened to those a couple dozen times, and it says a lot if i'm not skipping them in favor of listening to the songs i haven't heard yet, trying to even it out or something (not statistically or anything, i don't know how many times i've heard the title track or "if i die today", i just know i've heard them enough to know the lyrics, whereas i've only heard "act of faith" or "drink the kool-aid" as many times as i've been able to listen to the cd today).

fucking awesome.

crazyfists28 - 9-22-2005 at 07:15 PM

at least we know its getting delivered...we'll get it soon enough

xsharpx - 9-22-2005 at 10:33 PM

as soon as I land a new job and get my first paycheck I am getting this... I have always been addicted to the projects that White Trash Rob does... he is an extremely talented musician that speaks form the heart

Mark Lind - 9-22-2005 at 11:37 PM

I got mine today. Its defective and doesn't work. I am partly pissed off and partly sad. You sons of bitches at Thorp will be hearing from my representation (which is also me).

Mark

Mark Lind - 9-23-2005 at 09:27 AM

Thorp is so fan friendly that they are switching my broken CD with me. The people's record label!!! :)

serenity - 9-23-2005 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulless
"i'd love to rape a hilton sister"

they should print that on a shirt. it would be even more offensive than this

SAAAAARS - 9-23-2005 at 12:23 PM

it's so seriously pissed off, i love it

Panic Scam - 9-23-2005 at 06:42 PM

mark, youre not the only one with a fucked cd. mine wont work in my stereo or my computer, but plays in my discman. go figure.

tommymaz - 9-23-2005 at 07:42 PM

got mine today,

HOLY SHIT. AWESOME FUCKIN CD. One of the most thought provocative cds i have heard, I love Mr. Lind's thought on today's society, THe lyrics are rad, the music is a little different from the But a Whimper...Ep, but def. good.

Totes to Thorp and Ramallah

Mark Lind - 9-24-2005 at 03:07 PM

A friend let me hear his copy. This album gives me chills. I feel like I never have to buy another hard/metal album again.

XnMeX - 9-24-2005 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
This album gives me chills.

I have been listening to the rough copy since it surfaced and it still gives me the chills. First time I listened to it in the car, the hairs on the back of my neck and head were standing up.

I Just got the actual cd in the mail and popped it in a minute ago. Quite a bit more crisp than the leaked version and the Kill A Celebrity song intro was a bit different. Thats as far as I am into the album soo far.

soulless - 9-24-2005 at 06:43 PM

gives me chills, too. i was walking across campus while listening to the album in my headphones and i almost walked into lamppost because i was too absorbed in the album. not exactly cool. i think it was "drink the kool aid".

Terror Aesthetic - 9-26-2005 at 06:02 AM

dont have the album yet but a record store i frequent says they can have a copy for me by tuesday..whether or not thats bullshit remains to be seen. im mainly writing to comment on the lyrics to the new record and the few songs ive heard. and that video. the four or so songs ive heard are by far the most powerful ramallah material to date. actually some of the most soul wrenching shit ive heard come out of any genre in ages. i also have to salute rob for the lyrics. so far the only worthy mentions of post 911 america ive seen in music have been from an ns band "the blue eyed devils - it ends" and a rap artist "immortal technique - revolutionary volume 2" it seems like the hardcore community has largely steered clear save for a few mop headed trust fund babies squealing the hard left platitudes fed to them by their professors and while i cant say what is and isnt art to me that shit just aint hardcore. what the fuck do they know about suffering so in all fairness how can they comment on much of anything other than lost girlfriends? but this shit....jesus h christ hits the nail right on the head. all of the filth, ugliness and despair that has been growing like a tide of shit here and abroad for well over 20 years is packed into those songs. and as for hating celebrities? public execution is too good for self important parasites like the hiltons. the video and the lyrics make me nauseous. all i can say from someone who still wakes up screaming regularly is thanks rob. id have emailed you but i dont know your address. i know where youre coming from and i truly appreciate that youve acknowledged a still silent minority. for all of our talk and our fucking help lines and charities kids that grow into monstrous fucks like me are still churned out of the trailer parks, the ghettos and even the suburbs assembly line style like theres no tomorrow. i get the feeling there isnt. thanks brother.
mark

hollymaconmovies - 9-26-2005 at 04:22 PM

My CD plays just fine. I've listened once all the way through. I'm gonna listen for a few days and report back. The beginning of 'Ramallah' gave me chills.

These are the songs that jumped out at me the first time through:

Kill a Celebrity
Oscar Cotton
The Horror and the Gag
Shock & Awe
A Day in the Life
If I Die Today

CR83 - 9-26-2005 at 09:49 PM

"...I want to grind into dust your American Idol with a heart full of love."

I think this sums up the album. This lyric shows how our author is torn with hatred and love. This album can be looked at like something or someone that is so beautiful but also very dark. I love it and consider it brilliant. The artwork is great as well. It is like a serial killer has put it together because he is in love with celebrity. Genius.

sinister - 9-27-2005 at 11:33 AM

Got mine today! BTW you can tell the guys at MerchNow that Scotland isn't part of England. :)

Not listened to it yet but will post first impressions in a few days... must admit the only track I liked on their first CD with the acoustic one, so have higher hopes for this one.

DAK - 9-27-2005 at 01:26 PM

Still don't have mine yet. It's probally getting held up because of the huricanne.

DAK - 9-27-2005 at 06:18 PM

I gots mine.

DAK - 9-28-2005 at 03:04 PM

That's some wicked shit.

Terror Aesthetic - 9-28-2005 at 03:53 PM

fuck no the video store didnt get it in like theyd promised. i thought maybe they were going to order it direct. ill be sending you guys an order as soon as i can get my girl to use her paypal acct.. tonight or tomorrow likely.

Discipline - 9-28-2005 at 05:00 PM

Arrived today!!!! FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be coming through the speakers here quite a bit.

sinister - 9-29-2005 at 10:27 AM

Looks like I got mine just in time, Merchnow are saying they won't ship this CD to Europe now!

beaner - 9-30-2005 at 08:35 AM

the mp3's ive heard are damn good, gotta get this ordered and shipped over to me in the uk. it WILL be played at our local rock club. i know the dj and im much bigger than him so he'll have no choice but to play it!;)

Terror Aesthetic - 9-30-2005 at 11:24 AM

ordered it yesterday. as for playing it at the club thats a fucking good idea. particularly when the only local venue is a biker bar frequented by various hard righters... should be fun. send my disc!

brooklyn - 10-1-2005 at 03:56 AM

lives up to its expectation / hype: hard, in your face, really free speech-lyrics, creative, angry, powerful, a big F U to those trying to define HC in boxes/labels.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-2-2005 at 02:11 PM

i know some wont think this belongs on the ramallah thread in fact i saw this artis mentioned elsewhere on the board but i havent lived 28 years by giving a fuck who agrees with me. in my opinion anyone who loves ramallah half as much as i do can at least appreciate the lyrical content to the two versions of the song bin laden found here
http://www.underworldhiphop.net/mp3/158/
this man is a brilliant lyricist in my opinion. give it a chance and if you hate it..well neither one of us is missing out on anything right?
send my cd!

Terror Aesthetic - 10-3-2005 at 12:29 PM

send my cd today or im sending leroy from gfnc up there to bust yall up...dont let the cheesecrackers in his beard and the touch of arthritis fool ya..dolemite takes a back seat to big L.

bm4 - 10-3-2005 at 10:23 PM

New Ramallah? full throttle - i never heard so much intergrty in metal ever!! hey - what did you think about the video ?

cole814 - 10-4-2005 at 10:41 PM

When I bought a messed up CD at a Ramallah show, the Thorp guys gladly replaced it. I got the package today and the new CD works great. Thanks guys.

The new Ramallah is easily one of the best releases of the year, its heavy, melodic, intelligent. What more could you ask for from a hardcore band. And they put a great live show on. Big props to Thorp for putting the CD out.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-5-2005 at 01:45 PM

damn i cant wait till i can put that disc in the car and turn that shit up to ten..

crazyfists28 - 10-6-2005 at 04:30 PM

our amps go to 11....

Terror Aesthetic - 10-6-2005 at 04:39 PM

hahahaha

Discipline - 10-7-2005 at 06:37 PM

It's weird. The Ramallah disc works on my stereo and my computer but it won't work in the cd player in my car. Strange.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-7-2005 at 08:13 PM

my cd isnt here yet... dad took the keys to the porsche... robert smith wont answer my emails. thats it. life is over.

sinister - 10-7-2005 at 08:25 PM

There's something a bit weird about the CD, it sometimes doesn't read in my CD changer and I have to skip it and give the player another go at reading it... never seen it do that on another disc.

Really liking the album now though, definitely a grower, a lot more into it now than I was initially.

Killthehumans - 10-8-2005 at 12:09 AM

This is the only CD ill bneed for the next year. Best CD of 2006....

p.s. Immortal techniques it the shit too, one of the few rappers i like

Spoiler - 10-8-2005 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
It's weird. The Ramallah disc works on my stereo and my computer but it won't work in the cd player in my car. Strange.
I just sent an email to Thorp,my disc will only play im my computer....I haven't tried my car stereo,but it won't play in neither of my home stereo's or dvd player.

But...
this album is fuckin great.Hands down the most original (and best) stuff I've heard in awhile.

Spoiler - 10-9-2005 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
Quote:
I just sent an email to Thorp,my disc will only play im my computer....I haven't tried my car stereo,but it won't play in neither of my home stereo's or dvd player.

But...
this album is fuckin great.Hands down the most original (and best) stuff I've heard in A LONG TIME.

FUCK,it want play in my car stereo at all

JawnDiablo - 10-9-2005 at 11:29 AM

Quote:

mine wont work in the computer....strange
my car cd player tried to keep it and not eject when i wanted it back.

JawnDiablo - 10-9-2005 at 11:32 AM

i saw an add for it on headbangers ball last night while flipping channels
of course there was nothing but crap on there....

Discipline - 10-9-2005 at 02:32 PM

I just tried to play the disc in my home stereo and it wouldn't read it. I realized I hadn't tried in there yet, I only thought I had. So for now, yeah it only works on my computer, not in my car or home stereo.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-11-2005 at 08:25 AM

fuck man.... it doesnt play in the car or on the stereo. the comp will play it but i really want to hear it in the car. guess ill mail this back to you guys when i can afford postage. sorry about that i hate to be a bitch about it. amazing shit though. ill post more on the content later.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-14-2005 at 06:09 PM

i wanted to wait until i got a fully functional copy to post my thoughts here but i gave into the pressure and went ahead and popped it in the comp. much as id like to share all of my thoughts on it i really couldnt without this turning into some emoy blog that wouldnt be out of place on myspace. ill leave it at this. i finally listened to it last night while my girl slept and when it was over i just went back to the room and watched her till morning. its been a long time since an album made me just put my head in my hands and weep. i dont know how to reach you rob "email" but im with you on every word brother. the burning world, addiction, raped mothers and self perpetuating vicious cycles...why do the poor as a rule think they have no choice but to follow in their parents footsteps? broken generation after broken generation, all of the ones that ive seen bled, all of the abuse that made me unfit to be in society before i even learned to walk upright because im so fucking full of violence that i cant function, all of the people ive buried. i could go on for days without going into detail but if youre reading rob i said it before but thank you. this is my favorite album. really captures that endtimes feeling. that sad fucking crippling tension. but one word of advice and trust me i know im not telling you anything you dont know already man but please be careful with the vein. theres a generation of kids that could benefit from what youve got to say. about 8 months ago my closest friend next to my girl who ive fucking bled in the streets with and almost taken bullets for "and who almost took bullets for me" more than once finally shot one bag too many after five years of heavy use. i watched him go from one of the strongest most honorable men ive ever known to a fucking monster. i took that motherfucker in again and again even after he stole from me and got one of my guns ripped off, held him while he cried like a baby when he was jonesing or missing the rich girl that left him after playing shootup for the summer, kicked the shit out of him dozens of times for firing shotguns in peoples directons because he was fucked up or shooting shit in my house when i told him that was the only rule. not because i think im better because i know im not. i used to have an oxicontin habit and a 40mg crushed up with some benzos and liquor is close to smack so he told me and i fuckin understand. it takes you out of yourself. it takes the pain away. thatswhy we have to avoid that shit at all costs. because people like us never stop. i never had any blood family that i didnt hate. its been a comfort everytime one of them has died and now that theyre all gone i feel infinitely better and my friends were always the only family i knew. they meant more to me that id imagine blood family does to some because they werent people i was born into they were people i chose. and that cocksucker takes the easy way out. its left a hole in me that wont be filled. so rob be careful man. it would leave a hole in a lot of people if you stepped off. ive had friends take themselves with a tube from the exhaust to the window, a bullet to the head etc. and everytime as much as i mourn im just as angry. shit i think about taking myself out everyday but i never would because of the people it would hurt. permanently. think about tapping the vein the same way. because every time could be your last. i wasnt even on speaking terms with my boy when he oded and now ill never get to speak to the motherfucker again. i guess those are my thoughts on the new ramallah.

Zealot - 10-14-2005 at 11:04 PM

I made the trip down to Tower Records tonight to get the CD. Can't stop listening to it. This is quite honestly the most nihilistic music that has ever seen a commercial release. Definitely needs to be pushed by the Thorp by ANY MEANS necessary. The next video should definitely be made for a more controversial/political song like "Kill a celebrity, Shock and Awe, Heart Full of Love" etc. Those lyrics definitely need to be shared with the wider audience that can only be reached by a music video. I know Rob wants to "slap awake those sheeps" right? So why not shoot a video for Heart Full of Love with Fight Club/Project Mayhem-esque scenes?

I love the way that the album is so dynamic and full of honesty. I can hear metal, hardcore, pop, pop rock, pop punk, R&B in this album... And mind you, I am your standard metalhead I don't even like most of those genres... But everything on this album is done is so "professionally" and in taste, that before I realize that the title track is over I am already listening to Bye-bye... :D Everythings blends so well... Thanks to everyone who made this album happen...

Rob, you are a man after my own heart bro. I am a Muslim, I am so insanely touched by the lyrics on this album... I cannot believe that there is a guy out there in Mass, USA called White Trash Rob, that is pretty much on the same page with this Turkish dude Veli(yours truly). Does Rob have an e-mail address or something? I would really love to share some of my writings and thoughts with him(it is scary how in a similar vein they are at times...) and who knows maybe they will make their way to the 2nd disc?!! :P

Terror Aesthetic - 10-14-2005 at 11:40 PM

yea its over as soon as it starts huh?

Zealot - 10-14-2005 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terror Aesthetic
yea its over as soon as it starts huh?

Exactly. I just find myself pressing play again and again...

pete_is_selfish - 10-15-2005 at 03:41 AM

Got in in a store here in Australia last week, just had to sign up to say how much I love it.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-15-2005 at 05:32 AM

i seem to be posting here in the middle of the night more and more. insomnia is a bitch. anyway im still listening to the disc and it brings to mind a few more things. how everytime you flip channels you run accross two things: some wasp slut that needs to eat a fucking cheeseburger thats only famous because she was born rich giggling and flashing her 2,000,000 dollar necklace she wore to some hollywood coke party and a dry landscape crawling with children with swollen stomachs dressed in rags playing in dust while flys lay eggs in the corners of their eyes, the fact that china while having 21% of the worlds population has access to only 7% of the water because her rivers are so choked with chemical shit and 360 million "i think" rural chinese already lack clean water so when the rest need it what do you thinks going to happen? , north korea, with the ice shelf gone the anarctic peninsulas are slipping into the sea threatening to raise the sea levels waayyy too fast, the war between muslims and christians that has raged since the crusades is coming to a head and as usual im sure the innocent will be the ones to pay the highest price..funny ive read many quotes from the quran that are completely barbaric and these seem to always be the ones that the christians drag out. maybe they need to examine their own holy book because it has the same type of material. theres a passage in the bible that says you have the right to kill a woman if shes wearing an article of clothing comprised of more than one type of fabric...watch out you bitches in polyester and cotton. people forget that most of the people that follow any given faith know what not to take literally. these books are written by man and subject to human folly. but this "kill em all" shit is only going to make us more enemies abroad and within, anthrax, sars, avian flu, ebola, the hanta virus, aids, worldwide poverty, blind nationalism on all sides, fundamentalism, the fact that israel is a monstrous entity but everyone is too chickenshit to point the finger for fear of being labelled anti semitic and ending up on some adl list, total aid to israel? $84,854,827,200... for what? making furniture out of dead palestinian children?, the climate keeps heating up and all sorts of new viruses are sure to pop up in the coming decades, the oils going to run out but dont worry because water will be the real luxury sooner than you think..check out the stats on the worlds potable water supply, they say that almost two thirds of our natural resources are "perilously degraded", no one knows, no one gives a fuck, what kind of world are we leaving our children?, cancer in the paint chips, living under power lines, the genital mutilation of over 2,000,000 million girls a year in africa, the genital mutilation of even more babies here in the states... circumcision removes 55% of the nerve tissue down there..why didnt i get a say in my dick being cut off? because of some ancient religious fucking witchcraft thats become a part of the medical industry, shitty health care, people more concerned about two queers getting married than they are the fact that cnn feeds them enough bullshit to choke a whale on a daily basis, the total and complete lack of honest, unbiased, OPEN news coverage, my shitty lungs, my girls safety when shes out delivering, a system that lets fucking sociopaths walk and locks up kids for smoking dope, whos going to kick next?, ill be taking these fucking beta blockers for the rest of my life because at 28 stress has caused hypertension has caused hypertrophy and now my hearts all fucked up, broken homes, the fact that the people in the ghettos and the people in the trailer parks arent likely to ever realize that theyre both locked in an economic prison where the powers that be will move us like chess pieces to kill each other and work for them while they fuck us all without a color, depression, rage, sleepless nights, warrants, ptsd and on and on and on....pessimism is as american as bad credit and apple pie. nevermind thats dutch. if i keep listening to this album im going to keep posting these fucking windbag rants at 5am. ban me.. hurry.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-15-2005 at 05:32 AM

but forget all of the above because paris hilton is on the box and shes still smiling. everything must be ok.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-15-2005 at 05:38 AM

and huge props to rob for "brother malcolm". few people have been so misunderstood and misquoted.

Zealot - 10-15-2005 at 12:22 PM

Bro, I agree wholeheartedly with every point you make, BUT Quran is God's word it is not written by a man and it is not subject to any folly.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-15-2005 at 02:22 PM

my friend thats where we have to agree to disagree. it may well be gods word i cant say that it isnt but neither can i say that it is. faith just isnt something i was born with. no disrespect to anyone of any faith that finds peace and love in any one of the holy books but to me personally existence is far too complex to even begin to understand. i feel that in matters such as this ill die as ignorant of that ultimate truth that we all strive towards as i was born. again no disrespect intended.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-15-2005 at 02:38 PM

btw man what you said about this being the most nihilistic thing ever mass released was dead on. not so much the existentialist school of nihilism but the belief that conditions in this so called civilization have become so rotten that it cant be fixed until rome burns yet again. i think this is a direct quote from the websters but..
nihilism: a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independant of any constructive program or possibility.
holy mother of columbine say a prayer for me and the usa. blessed martyrs of palestine come and strike us down...

Zealot - 10-15-2005 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terror Aesthetic
btw man what you said about this being the most nihilistic thing ever mass released was dead on. not so much the existentialist school of nihilism but the belief that conditions in this so called civilization have become so rotten that it cant be fixed until rome burns yet again. i think this is a direct quote from the websters but..
nihilism: a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independant of any constructive program or possibility.
holy mother of columbine say a prayer for me and the usa. blessed martyrs of palestine come and strike us down...

Exactly man, that was the meaning that I was hinting at. Glad to see we are on the same page on that. :)

Just so you know, I didn't mean to shove my belief down your throat with that sentence of mine. I just wanted to make it clear that according to Muslim belief(which I subscribe to), Quran is Allah's word and the narrator of the book is Allah. Contrary to the way of the Old and New Testament where the narrator changes from chapter to chapter and where parts of those books are theologically proven to be written by different priests.

Anyway this again is not in the intention to discredit any kind of belief. It is a "fact"(and we all know how facts look completely different from the other side of the fence ;) ).

I have no qualms with any religion, philosophy or belief system(or lack thereof) as long as it's subscribers don't feel the need to attack my beliefs, be respectful and don't shove down their opinions/thoughts/beliefs down my throat.

Have a good weekend all. :)

Terror Aesthetic - 10-16-2005 at 02:54 AM

[quote
I have no qualms with any religion, philosophy or belief system(or lack thereof) as long as it is subscribers don't feel the need to attack my beliefs, be respectful and don't shove down their opinions/thoughts/beliefs down my throat./quote]

its a shame more peole dont see eye to eye with you and i there. would have been a hell of alot less bloodshed throughout the ages.

serenity - 10-17-2005 at 01:25 PM

i doubt people people, on myspace mostly, actually listens to the lyrics and think about their meaning. they leave comments such as "keep up the sick mosh" and shit. hes pouring his fucking heart out about every bad thing taking and having took place to him and the world.

Zealot - 10-17-2005 at 09:12 PM

Ok, still can't stop listening to this and obviously can't stop talking about it here... :)

This record is really emotional for me and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I can already feel it. Although it definitely has been a strange experience... In my first couple of spins the only emotion that this record gave me was anger, considering my stance on a couple of things(I am not gonna hide it, I am against US intervention in Middle East, I am against Israeli occupation of Palestine, I am against the killing of innocent people at WTC, I am against the killing of innocent people in Iraq, I am against the House of Saud who betrays their own people and sells their country's natural resources to foreigners, I am against the US Government trying to topple Hugo Chavez because he nationalized his country's oil industry etc. etc. I can go on and on).

But the more I listen to the disc, the more I came to terms with my other emotions. I felt like crying a couple of times during Days of Revenge, I felt disgusted with mankind during Kill a celebrity and drink the kool-aid, I remember how much I liked my Brother Malcolm Shabazz during Brother Malcolm(RIP) and Bye-bye always leaves me with a slight smile on my face. What a beautiful album...

Terror Aesthetic - 10-17-2005 at 10:08 PM

it truly is. we can go on for days about the nedless incidences of corruption and unfathomable cruelty at the hands of "our" leaders. personally i voted for myself in the last election. not ot be cute it was honestly the only name i wanted to see on the ballot. not old jonhhy with his revolving door policies or george for obvious reasons. i really dont think old john was ever a real candidate in the first place. just a cardboard stand in to satiate blind liberals and give something for conservatives to hoot at until the monosyllabic son of a much brighter devil took his rightful place on the throne of engineered apocalypse. and the funniest thing to me is all of the people that have damned me to hell for criticizing american policy in this last half decade... well fuck me but i always thought the ones who made history.. the true patriots were the ones that sat fire to the masters throne rather than annoint his feet in the blood of their children. turn your guns around my friends. we have a devil at least as a great as osama in our midst. hell who do you think trained the taliban? who gave them 6 billion dollars? were they possibly trained by israeli troops in pakistan? ... more thoughts on the new ramallah.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-17-2005 at 10:32 PM

were they possibly trained by israeli troops in pakistan?

this one i cant quite get the evidence of that i like to have before i make any statement like this but ive heard it said and read a little bit here and there about it and im geniunely asking if anyone knows anything about this link me or post it here.
thanks. i feel the same way about the israeli occupation of palestine as you do man..largely because its so wholeheartedly ignored. isnt that terrorism? occupation? nothing better than genocide swept under the rug... remember the turks and the armenians?

Zealot - 10-18-2005 at 04:58 AM

I don't think anyone has solid proof for that. Althought it is a well-known fact that Taliban(the word itself means student in Arabic), received their religious education in madrasas of Pakistan(Islamic religious (boarding) schools). The tactical and the logistical training? CIA? MOSSAD? Israel? Illuminati? Who knows? For me Taliban, Al Queda they are all parts and puppets in a master plan that is slowly unfolding. People are slowly waking up and smelling the coffee. Picking up parts here and there, realizing some of the bullshit, gathering pieces of this intricate puzzle... It will take time to solve, but we cannot lose hope.

- Osama is the demon that keeps you all safe in your cells, believe it. And Jesus himself would condemn us all to this self-made hell.

Zealot - 10-18-2005 at 05:01 AM

An artistical and promotional suggestion to Thorpe. How about getting Immortal Technique to guest/do a feature/a split with Ramallah? I think that would be a great opportunity to spread the word of Ramallah to a unique and wider audience. I think Rob and Tech are quite on the same page on a lot of things, what an awesome collaboration would that be!

Terror Aesthetic - 10-18-2005 at 06:16 AM

ha! ihad a feeling you might enjoy techniques work. hes actually where i first heard about israeli troops training the taliban. andyes i meant tactical etc. mossad would make a lot of sense. if you remember it was mossad members that were arrested for "dancing" as the towers crumbled. i wont even go into who i think is truly responsible for that day as that would require a lot more time and space than i have here. as for people waking up and smelling the coffee i truly hope that youre right. it really cant get much worse. its easy to think otherwise in a country that enjoys so much luxury and such a high standard of living but as i said on this board or some other recently im sure that people went about their business as usual in rome the day before the collapse saying "nah cant happen here". but it did. as for the taliban, al queda just being parts of a greater whole the notion {fact} that our country has sponsored terrorism, sold chemical weapons, wmds what have you is still too much for most people to grasp. it threatens to topple the dissonant infrastructure of an already crumbling belief system. which is the same reason that most people will immediately call you a kook or an idiot if you so much as mention the illuminati. whether you think theyre shape shifting interdimensional reptiles or just the wealthiest, most powerful devils of the human variety they are very real and to scoff at any mention of them is to continue to give them free reign. if there is any such thing as the "american dream" it lives and has always lived in the hearts of the terminally disconteded. those that strive for constant change and betterment of their society rather than simply being content to play with the toys passed down to them from their masters to keep them distracted. personally i fear that its too late. when i think about how id like to start a family in the coming years its with dread rather than joy. fuck that..for that alone i feel cheated. occupied.

Discipline - 10-21-2005 at 02:16 PM

Got my replacement copy in the mail today since my first was fucked. The poster was an added bonus. Thanks to Thorp records.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-22-2005 at 03:43 AM

still waiting on my new copy. as patiently as possible :)

Terror Aesthetic - 10-23-2005 at 02:55 AM

got the good copy today. thanks now i can peruse conspiracy theories and read the news while listening to the busted one on the comp and drive around thinking about vehicular homicide with the good one... :)

Zealot - 10-23-2005 at 03:33 AM

How many spins does it take for a CD to get worn out? :P:P:P

Spoiler - 10-23-2005 at 01:41 PM

got my "good" copy in the mail today....with a cool compilation to boot.:)

pete_is_selfish - 10-26-2005 at 10:18 AM

JJJ (national Aussie radio station) tried to play the title track on their weekly punk/hc show just now, but apparently the cd didn't work in the cd player. I guess they got one of the fucked ones? Kind of a pity.

Terror Aesthetic - 10-26-2005 at 11:55 AM

...cant....stop.....listening.....

Discipline - 10-28-2005 at 01:37 AM

me neither

brooklyn - 10-29-2005 at 11:42 AM

best album of 2005
read great review on www.aversionline.com

Dylan knuckles - 10-31-2005 at 02:53 AM

Fuckin awesome the lyrics are what make it for me they're possibly the best ever written

Shane - 10-31-2005 at 10:19 PM

The winner has been contacted. Thanks guys. It was nice to read some very insightful things on here about this. I really love this board for this.

Terror Aesthetic - 11-1-2005 at 12:46 PM

thanks for having the testicular fortitude to release this.

CR83 - 11-3-2005 at 04:01 PM

So who did Shane pick as the winner?

Six66Mike - 11-3-2005 at 08:41 PM

I haven't heard it yet so you should send me a copy with the Out To Win record so I can post my thoughts.