Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Bane

BDx13 - 10-6-2005 at 01:16 AM

ok, after two years of moron telling me how great this band is, i think it's time for me to get on board. (are they still together? god, being old is cool!) anyway, i only have these five songs, but i like 'em.

Can We Start Again
Count Me Out
Ante Up
Forked Tongue
I Once Was Blind

come on peeps, which releases should i look into picking up from them?

sinister - 10-6-2005 at 06:25 AM

Yeah they're still together, they're playing here supporting Comeback Kid in about 3 weeks.

Get the "Give blood" album, it's pretty good. Have seen them once before and found them much better live than on CD though, a bit like Madball.

They've got a new album "The note" out now, but I ain't heard it...

XHonusWagnerX - 10-6-2005 at 06:40 AM

I like the really old Bane records and the brand new one. I dont know why, but I lost interest somewhere in the middle. The are definitly better live than on record, but the records are definitly not bad.

The new record is really good. Theres this one song about one hand of Texas Hold 'Em thats really funny. In the song he just sings about how the hand was played, but in the lyric sheet it says what cards each person is holding. Very funny!

SAAAAARS - 10-6-2005 at 08:09 AM

GIVE BLOOD is so good. i'm seeing bane tonight for the million trillionth time.

moron - 10-6-2005 at 09:16 AM

I have to miss Bane this weekend because I have to be in CT for ANOTHER wedding. Ive seen Bane tons of times though, so Im not too upset.

I saw this thread before I left for work this morning, and it made me want to listen to It All Comes Down to This. You're making me proud, Duane.

here's my order of favorite albums:

1) Holding This Moment, It All Comes Down to This, Give Blood (3 way tie)
2) The Note (their newest)

Their split with Adamantium only has two songs and one is great.. the other is ok. I guess it's worth mentioning.

gavin - 10-6-2005 at 09:28 AM

i never heard bane

moron - 10-6-2005 at 10:04 AM

my guess is you wont like them, but check them out anyway. http://www.myspace.com/banecentral

gavin - 10-6-2005 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
my guess is you wont like them, but check them out anyway. http://www.myspace.com/banecentral

yeah, your guess was right

moron - 10-6-2005 at 10:14 AM

The song that starts playing initially isnt a very good representation of what they sound like. It's a new song that's very different. Every Effort Made is from their first 7" and Some Came Running is from their 2nd full length. You probably still wont like them, but figured I'd say that anyway.

gavin - 10-6-2005 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
The song that starts playing initially isnt a very good representation of what they sound like. It's a new song that's very different. Every Effort Made is from their first 7" and Some Came Running is from their 2nd full length. You probably still wont like them, but figured I'd say that anyway.

i appreciate the effort
i dont like anything anymore

BDx13 - 10-6-2005 at 10:37 AM

i ahven't heard these songs beore, but i do like th older ones better. Every Effort Made may be the longest hardcore song ever recorded.

moron - 10-6-2005 at 10:45 AM

On cd, every effort made is the same track as another song. Maybe it's the same on their myspace page? I cant listen right now, but I dont remember it being a super long song.

sinister - 10-6-2005 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
but i do like the older ones better.

Yeah I totally agree.

But then I'm struggling to come up with ANY band that I couldn't say that about!

Killthehumans - 10-6-2005 at 01:17 PM

i have "the note" dont much like it

KyleOz - 10-6-2005 at 01:23 PM

Bane doesn't do much for me.

Discipline - 10-6-2005 at 01:47 PM

Never thought too much of them. I thought they were kind of bland.

BDx13 - 10-6-2005 at 02:23 PM

the guys voice totally reminds me of some old school vocalist, but i can't quite place it... uniform choice?

Gooch - 10-6-2005 at 02:24 PM

I got the their first 7" when it came out. It was OK, but I never became a fan and don't own any of their other records. Just something about them that I didn't like, but i don't know what it is.

newbreedbrian - 10-6-2005 at 02:45 PM

never liked em. we played with them when they came here a few years back and i was equally unimpressed. that first song sounds like an impersonation of "can i say" era dag nasty which would be awesome if they came within a mile of pulling it off.

soulless - 10-7-2005 at 02:27 AM

i like them. give blood is definitely best. i do like the new one quite a bit, though.